Sign in to follow this  
~Craig~

Lionheart Lear 24 released

Like the real Lear 24B, the Lionheart Lear does not have thrust reversers, so don't include them in your control settings. If you do, bad things will happen, i.e. you'll get the opposite effect.

I've never flown in a Lear before but I really like the way this one flies. You really have to manage the throttles or you can easily overspeed it.

Todd

It's fuzzy because of the FXAA used in P3D - FSX doesn't use in-game FXAA otherwise it would be slightly fuzzy as well

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I can't seem to get the fuzzy display to go away. I never use FXAA and I have to move my TrackIR all the way in to see the little switches and be able to read the writing.

Other than that, it takes off like a rocket, and I am sorry, but with full fuel I don't think I should be busting the 250KTS at 6K+ FPM after takeoff. Will have to read more, as I don't know about the real thing but damn, that just seems kinda silly. At cruise it handles nice, and you can't beat the frames. I really want to like this, as the BizJet area is kinda, well no, not kinda, but extremely limited, and I see nothing new on the horizon anytime soon.

I will keep playing with the settings and see if I can get some more info on how this thing handles.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

edit.

Never exceed speed: Mach 0.86 (at max take-off weight)
Maximum speed: 545 mph (473 knots, 877 km/h) at 31,000 ft (9,450 m)
Cruise speed: 481 mph (418 knots, 774 km/h) at 45,000 ft (13,715 m)
Stall speed: 100 mph (87 knots, 161 km/h)
Range: 1,695 mi (1,472 nmi, 2,728 km) 4 passengers, max fuel, 45 min reserves
Service ceiling: 45,000 ft (13,715 m)
Rate of climb: 6,800 ft/min (34.6 m/s)

Well then, I guess this thing is a rocket, but I am still not sure if the ROC is calculated fully loaded or not.

According to some information on LHC page the real Learjet 24 can overspeed on just one engine.....yikes! Should make single engine landings easy :blink:

Like the real Lear 24B, the Lionheart Lear does not have thrust reversers, so don't include them in your control settings. If you do, bad things will happen, i.e. you'll get the opposite effect.

I've never flown in a Lear before but I really like the way this one flies. You really have to manage the throttles or you can easily overspeed it.

Todd

I have flown the Lear 23 that most folks, including pilots, could not tell from the Lear 24B and it is so easy to overspeed that it is almost unbelievable. This was back when the Lear was the only small civilian Jet available.

The real LearJet recommends Full Flaps and Spoilers deployed until you are down to about 30 - 40 Kts in lieu of Thrust Reversers.

It's fuzzy because of the FXAA used in P3D - FSX doesn't use in-game FXAA otherwise it would be slightly fuzzy as well

Gotta be more to it. I don't have FXAA checked and mine is fuzzy as all get out. Still seeking advice because I am stuck with P3Dv2.3.

According to some information on LHC page the real Learjet 24 can overspeed on just one engine.....yikes! Should make single engine landings easy :blink:

And this is sooooo true. I will tell you more about it in the Avsim review of the LHC 24B.

Regards,

Ray

I will keep playing with the settings and see if I can get some more info on how this thing handles.

Never exceed speed: Mach 0.86 (at max take-off weight)

Maximum speed: 545 mph (473 knots, 877 km/h) at 31,000 ft (9,450 m)

Cruise speed: 481 mph (418 knots, 774 km/h) at 45,000 ft (13,715 m)

Stall speed: 100 mph (87 knots, 161 km/h)

Range: 1,695 mi (1,472 nmi, 2,728 km) 4 passengers, max fuel, 45 min reserves

Service ceiling: 45,000 ft (13,715 m)

Rate of climb: 6,800 ft/min (34.6 m/s)

Well then, I guess this thing is a rocket, but I am still not sure if the ROC is calculated fully loaded or not.

Try about 1/2 fuel, no Pax, and no baggage for some high performance climbs. You can always add more fuel on the fly. I don't think any small civilian jet was ever built that would outperfrom the climb to altitude and speed of the early Lears.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

so... the FDE its good? after some opinions... i want yo buy it but thas point make me to hold... 

of curse... the systems its important to me, the procedures, the checklist and others features.. but... for me the FDE its the most critical in a plane for FSX, 

dont matter if you fly a plane full on systems, textures, or nice features, but a bad FDE ..... its like fly nothing... !! 

Robert Bernard

Robert,

You may want to wait for Avsim's review, but the few flights that I have done with her the flight model FDE seems stable and very good and what you would expect from this pocket-rocket...You can hand fly her and she trims up nicely.....She is a real joy to fly :rolleyes:

Cheers

No offense MartinRex, not singling you out, but when somebody says an FDE seems good, all it means is that the plane flies like an an airplane.   You can have the situation where the airplane flies nothing like a Lear 24, but it feels good in your hands.   Some are ok with that, some aren't.   I guess we all sim at different levels of expectation for how accurate something should be :P

True, but having never flown a real LearJet there is not much else I can go on. That is why I mentioned to Robert to wait for Ray's review who has flown a Learjet 23...

Cheers

Martin

I dont really know anything about adding gauges but would it be possible to add a GPS to the center console? I just dragged the window GPS down here which is why it looks so bad.

2014_9_3_23_41_9_589.jpg

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Maybe it's just the lear then, because in my mooney compares FXAA on and off is easily noticed....

2elh2rm.jpg

2itn5ea.jpg

One more (FSX)

zmidyx.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I dont really know anything about adding gauges but would it be possible to add a GPS to the center console? I just dragged the window GPS down here which is why it looks so bad.

But way down there, you'd have to use it as a popup to be able to realistically see or enter anything, so would it really help?

While I do hope those with fuzzy textures in P3D get it sorted, I'm glad to hear the textures are crisp on FSX.  I'm just waiting on this to hit FSS, then I'll be picking it up based on what's been said thus far.  I think it looks superb from what I've seen from everyone's screens.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

But way down there, you'd have to use it as a popup to be able to realistically see or enter anything, so would it really help?

While I do hope those with fuzzy textures in P3D get it sorted, I'm glad to hear the textures are crisp on FSX.  I'm just waiting on this to hit FSS, then I'll be picking it up based on what's been said thus far.  I think it looks superb from what I've seen from everyone's screens.

True but it be better than nothing lol I wonder if you could use the dash mounted GPS out of the A2A cherokee?

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

It is easy enough to add the default GPS that comes with the package to the 2d panel and use the inop Weather Radar slot. A GNS530 would fit also but it would be nicer if it was placed a little higher in the panel.

The VC is a little tougher. I just added the F1GTN 750 image instead of the inop Weather Radar. I use that for a popup for the Flight1 config installation for now.

2dPanel_zpsb8c9ced1.jpg

2dPanelExtendedatbottom_zps914f1f51.jpg

2d_panel_defaut_GPS_zpsb473d72e.jpg

Here is how the VC looks with the inop Weather Radar removed and an image of the GTN750 added instead.

New_VC_yoke_zps53cd1053.jpg

New_VC_zps90e13978.jpg

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Not bad Ray, good job, if it pops up the 2D GTN, which is much easier to use any way.

Interesting reading the feedback so far.   I'm still not going to bite while I'm hearing stories of 60% N1 being used for take-off and climb, to get a realistic climbout.   I appreciate these are pocket rockets but fact is, no Lear 24 takes off with anywhere near a N1 as low as 60%.    And if the realistic 95-100% is used, I've heard about 6000-8000 FPM climbs being required to avoid overspeeding on the 250kts constraint.     Again, I know this is a powerful old jet but that still does not seem right.