Sign in to follow this  
~Craig~

Lionheart Lear 24 released

I think this video says it all! I saw him doing this in that Lear once at Sun n Fun my jaw was on the floor. Bobby Younkin was an amazing pilot his show in the beech 18 was amazing  as well. His son now does airshows in the beech 18

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I have been trying to paint the lear 24 without a PaintKit. Kinda rough around the edges but has promise for a real painter.

SpecOps_zps72ac8503.jpg

Ray did you notice my compare pics on page 5? I'm wondering if this is not the difference you see on your end. All my settings are in game I do not have an NI profile setup

I did look at your instrument pics but I got off doing something else. I don't see many adjustments to make in P3Dv2. I will post an image of my setting tomorrow and maybe someone can pick up something to adjust.

I just know is it dark and fuzzy from my vantage point. I fly with the dome light on.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

After I got this one out of the Paint Shop I taxied over to the Avionics Shack and had them install a LHC digital Autopilot so I could see the digits clicking off while I timed some of these climbs. Those digits are spinning like crazy. I didn't know you could pull Gs in a simulator. Neat.

Here I am passing FL200 and no sign of getting weak on the climb. Pretty little thing.

climbing_SpecOps_zps19ecfba4.jpg

I haven't had so much fun since the hogs ate my little sister!

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

"I haven't had so much fun since the hogs ate my little sister!"

Ummm I think a translation is in order here haha

"I haven't had so much fun since the hogs ate my little sister!"

Ummm I think a translation is in order here haha

Big difference in hogs and pigs, especially flying pigs.

Ray

Hey Ray, what's that little orange circle trailing behind you a few feet in that picture? Secret afterburners, St. Elmo's Fire, or just aliens?

A couple of good videos on using the autopilot and fuel management system in the LHC 24B, search youtube for LJ24B

Cheers

Hey Ray, what's that little orange circle trailing behind you a few feet in that picture? Secret afterburners, St. Elmo's Fire, or just aliens?

Secret afterburners would go a long way to explain the discussion about climb rates! :lol:

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Nice catch. I snapped off a few screenshots to send to the design team. My first guess was that I was outrunning my afterburners, but then I scoped out the plane from several angles and it looks like the 'burning rings' are just somehow misplaced on the model. They seem to stay about the same distance from the rear of the engines where they belong.

You see some strage stuff if you fly long enough, and fast enough and high enough. Oh heck, time for bed. I will post a couple of the screenshots tomorrow am.

Regards,

Ray

Been doing some reading from pilots who used to fly these. They say they used to be able to get cleared to upper ALTs easy, as even in the 30s they could maintain 2k-3k FPM.

That to me sounds like a rocket. Also these engines are pure stage 2 turbo jet engines, while not good on fuel, they have fighter jet performance and this little bird has two of them. They used to call this plane the "Lawn Dart with Little Wings".

While I am still a little unsure about the ability to take this particular addon off with 60% N1, I will keep reading as this debate has actually taught me a lot about a plane I knew little of. People speak about this model like it was the Rolls Royce of aviation in its time. A lot of fighter jet pilots actually make comparisons between this plane and the ones they used to fly....

These two videos show that it is indeed a fighter jet. If these climbs are realistic with full power, I can imagine taking off from a longer runway with 60-70%.

The take-offs are almost as good as the VC10! Turn up your volume to full. I take no responsibility if your sounds system packs up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFTyVYLhV0o

Secret afterburners would go a long way to explain the discussion about climb rates! :lol:

Look behind the Lear 24B directly in line with each engine. I can't explain it, but I bet it gets fixed with the SP1.

Climbtoaltitude_zps8e26ba10.jpg

This shot shows them very clearly.

Outrunningmyflamingengines_zps70ac5bb8.j

Ray

Could that be a really poor implementation of an engine glow? I know it was mentioned in the manual at some point that they had created a glow effect that would get brighter or darker in relation to the throttle setting, so it would make sense, but there isn't much else about it and in their screenshots it's nestled in the exhaust of the engine. Maybe the effect is corrupted or something along those lines?

Only when I hit pause do those rings show up,when in flight everything looks fine, their website mentions something about DX10, but I only use DX9 so not sure about that.....

Could that be a really poor implementation of an engine glow? I know it was mentioned in the manual at some point that they had created a glow effect that would get brighter or darker in relation to the throttle setting, so it would make sense, but there isn't much else about it and in their screenshots it's nestled in the exhaust of the engine. Maybe the effect is corrupted or something along those lines?

Only when I hit pause do those rings show up,when in flight everything looks fine, their website mentions something about DX10, but I only use DX9 so not sure about that.....

A little digging at a sister site and I found out it is an old FSX bug that has been carried over to P3D. Seems like the DX10 really gets it screwed up, location around the world affects it, and each version of P3Dv2 does something a little different with it.

Bill O, Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices & Chief Designer of the LHC LearJet 24B, says the fire ball effects are coded correctly and he also has no clue for any additional fix.

For now it looks like it is just an anomally and we move on. In other words, we ain't going to solve it here.

Regards,

Ray

Here ya go:

Cheers, Rob.

I am seeing something that does not look right. The edges of the main cockpit back plate where it meets the sides and inside top of the dash does not look even. Almost like it was painted on. Not realistic looking at least from this video. It just looks sub-standard. Any feed back?

Bob