Sign in to follow this  
~Craig~

Lionheart Lear 24 released

I picked this up today, since it arrived on FSS.

However, I'm having some problems with some of the switches.  Most notably it's the radio click spots; although my cursor changes, about half the time I can't get them to do anything.  I'm guessing that since no-one else reported any problems, that it might be something to do with my install?  I'm going to mess around with it some more, and if that doesn't work I'll try reinstalling it.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

In case anyone is interested I found this great flight manual online

http://www.mrmoo.net/pilot/LR25/LR25%20CockpitReferenceHandbook.pdf

Thanks for the link, David,

This is a good reference for general or a top level overview but the 24B and the 24E/F have tons of differences. Most of the manual is for the E and F model with different engines, different seating, different fuel tanks, different Weights, different speeds, different ceiling, etc.

I sure wish we could find a similar document for the 24B model. That would be a keeper for sure.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I picked this up today, since it arrived on FSS.

However, I'm having some problems with some of the switches.  Most notably it's the radio click spots; although my cursor changes, about half the time I can't get them to do anything.  I'm guessing that since no-one else reported any problems, that it might be something to do with my install?  I'm going to mess around with it some more, and if that doesn't work I'll try reinstalling it.

I had some issues with a few of the switches, but after loading the default Cessna 172 and then loading the Learjet they all seemed to work fine. I think the default Cessna 172 set's all the flags back to default or something, might be worth a try.

Anyone else having a problem with the angle of attack indicator going crazy while on the ground ?

Anyone else having a problem with the angle of attack indicator going crazy while on the ground ?

Yea I mine goes crazy too I think its due to wind. Also where did you get the TU-114 in your sig? 

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Anyone else having OOM warnings flying this plane in ORBX regions?

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Anyone else having OOM warnings flying this plane in ORBX regions?

No, not yet! Been flying in the NCA a lot and so far no issues.

No, not yet! Been flying in the NCA a lot and so far no issues.

I figured out what caused the near oom, I flew over orbx 74S and KBVS on the way to PAKT both of those airports are vas heavy so I guess it never completely dumped them from memory. I guess I'll have to head out over the ocean next time I make the flight to avoid them.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Yeah, I have a very modest system E8600 dual core so when flying the Lear and most planes I start with a new boot on the PC then open FSX and load the default Cessna 172, then load the Lear (or other planes) and so far that has worked pretty good in avoiding OOM issues. Run a few modest programs in the background.

P.S. Kind of nice flying at FL 41 and seeing the contrails of commercial jets below you and cruising at close to 500mph.

Cheers

Martin

I mean no disrespect to this product. In fact I've been wanting a small corporate jet for a while now - for anyone that is flying both planes - how does the LJ24 compare to the F1 Mustang?

Tom McDonald

I have both, and the F1 Mustang is in a class by itself, the flight model and avionics are top notched even after almost 5 years since its release. But the Lear 24 is a classic 60's plane with the standard steam gauges and LHC has done a great job in recreating this. I think it still needs a few minor adjustments but it's a real joy to fly. I think for the price the LHC is a great package, with sufficient systems modelled. In some ways it's more of a challenge to fly than the Mustang which makes it a lot of fun, not to mention the performance. The Lear 24 blows most Bizjet's away even today, albiet at a cost in fuel. The Lear 24 is a one of a kind and unfortunately only about 229 Lear 24's are still in operations today. The F1 Mustang is more refined than the Lear 24 but that is true with these two Bizjet in the real world also. Can't go wrong with either one, just a completely different experience. But for sure you will get to your arrival airport a lot faster in the Lear 24 than the Mustang. Acutally the F1 KingAir 200 gives the Mustang a run for its money.....

Cheers

Martin

I'd take the Lear over the Mustang any day. It climbs like a bat outta hell I can be at 44,000 in about 7 min.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.