Sign in to follow this  
~Craig~

Lionheart Lear 24 released

I haven't had much time for flying since I picked this up (as someone else previously put it, far too many irons in the fire), but I took it for a short flight tonight.  Man this thing goes fast... :lol:  My short flight was very, very short!

However, I seem to be having trouble capturing the g/s after pressing the approach button. I understand the requirement of deselecting conflicting a/p modes; and indeed the 'g/s arm' lights up and I can see the glideslope pointer active on the HSI, but it never captures.  I did a few passes at it, coming in underneath the glideslope, but the arm light simply stays on as I go from underneath the glideslope to overtop (watching the pointer move on the HSI).

Before it's suggested, this is with a cold and dark save created from starting in a default plane, switching to the Lear, shutting everything down, and saving the flight.

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong in my manipulation of the AP, but??

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Jim,

Did you turn off ALT?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Jim,

Did you turn off ALT?

Yep.  On the second pass, I trimmed it out to a level altitude and hand flew without using ALT at all.

I was thinking, after carefully reviewing the manual, that perhaps I was coming in too fast.  I can't remember at exactly what speed I was trying to engage the approach, but I'm sure it was higher than what the manual lists the approach speed at.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I was thinking, after carefully reviewing the manual, that perhaps I was coming in too fast. I can't remember at exactly what speed I was trying to engage the approach, but I'm sure it was higher than what the manual lists the approach speed at.

I did get it to capture, may of been my speed on approach before.  However, complicating the issue is that the g/s capture light is not turning on for me at all.  It does capture and follows both a proper lateral and vertical path, but the g/s arm light stays lit the entire time.  Strange, but I've fired off a note to Bill letting him know the issue.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Lionheart Creations just released Build 1.1 on their website, addresses a number of issues.....

Cheers

Martin

Found it, copied and pasted it for those who don't want to go searching...

Build 1.1 Update is out!  This is a 'Update' installer.  Allow this to run and overwrite the LJ24B files.  Only 
particular files will be overwritten.  Do not uninstall the LJ24 to do this.

*  Weather Radar face in VC is now mapped as a $pan gauge assembly so you can install a weather 

radar gauge 'over' the face assembly.  And, this features a flip-able face set that includes a Garmin 
G500 GPS in 3D model structure, functioning, as well as a 'blank' face plate complete with night 
mapping glow for any gauge you would like to place there.  Rotate through the face plates via the round, 
black 'Aux Inverter' knob just to the right of the Weather Radar.
*  Autopilot coding and switches now feature 'Past Manager Cancellation'.  If you click on NAV and you 
were in HDG, HDG is cancelled out.  This keeps the Autopilot from freezing from having multiple 
'manager' systems running.
*  Light map attached to the N-number plaque in the VC
*  Logic modified to 'Low Fuel' alarm if you refuel inflight, (transfer)
*  Lights on Fuel Manager panel now turn off with Batteries
*  Strange purple thing in back of rear cabin under a seat has been irradicated
*  Engine temps adjusted to proper redlines and running temp ranges with 720C being redline.  
'Realism Mode' adjusted for higher temp rangers.
*  Secondary Beacon added to top of the Rudder structure
*  Wind Drag on Landing Gear assembly 'increased'
*  Smoking 'cooked' engine effects taken out of the 'lights' section due  to people using 'L' key to turn on 
all lights.
*  Edit to Kneeboard Reference Card; Max. Mach should be .87, not .77.  Repaired.

Not Modified....................................

**  Engine RPM remains the same
**  Engine thrust settings remain the same.  The aircraft was very powerful and climbed out at 6,000 
FPM if needed and could overspeed on one engine.  Lowering the thrust will cause the aircraft not to
be able to cruise at proper speed at ceiling; FL 450.  You 'can' modify thrust settings manually in the 
'aircraft.cfg' if you wish.
**  Gray edges on Annunciator lights panel is still there.  We cannot trace the source of what is causing 
this.

I did get it to capture, may of been my speed on approach before.  However, complicating the issue is that the g/s capture light is not turning on for me at all.  It does capture and follows both a proper lateral and vertical path, but the g/s arm light stays lit the entire time.  Strange, but I've fired off a note to Bill letting him know the issue.

You could do another test to verify if it was the approach speed or the ALT being on rather than off.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Weather Radar face in VC is now mapped as a $pan gauge assembly so you can install a weather

radar gauge 'over' the face assembly. And, this features a flip-able face set that includes a Garmin

G500 GPS in 3D model structure, functioning, as well as a 'blank' face plate complete with night

mapping glow for any gauge you would like to place there. Rotate through the face plates via the round,

This is cool! Good for them for doing this.

Now we can have a modern Lear 24... might've just gave me the final push needed to purchase

Weather Radar face in VC is now mapped as a $pan gauge assembly so you can install a weather

radar gauge 'over' the face assembly. And, this features a flip-able face set that includes a Garmin

mapping glow for any gauge you would like to place there. Rotate through the face plates via the round,

This is cool! Good for them for doing this.

Now we can have a modern Lear 24... might've just gave me the final push needed to purchase

Sounds good but I have no idea how to install a weather radar gauge. Flip assembly. Sounds difficult but cool like you said. Sounds versatile.

Bob

It's pretty easy, just a couple of lines in the aircraft.cfg file, I added the RXP 530 in that spot in place of the default GPS500 and works great.

You just have to buy a weather gauge....

Cheers

Martin

It's pretty easy, just a couple of lines in the aircraft.cfg file, I added the RXP 530 in that spot in place of the default GPS500 and works great.

You just have to buy a weather gauge....

Cheers

Martin

Thanks, but they used the word "flip" which sounds to me like you could click the VC to see the underlying object. Is this what that means.?

Bob

Wow, very responsive ... good to see and update.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks, but they used the word "flip" which sounds to me like you could click the VC to see the underlying object. Is this what that means.?

Bob

Bob,

You could replace the word 'flip' with 'click' and it would mean the same thing and sound easy peasy. All you have to do is have the LHC Lear 24B loaded and running in the simulator and simply click on a black knob. One click you have a dummy weather radar, another click and you have the default GPS500 ( with some edging that looks great in the panel) and a third click and you have a blank panel. Then the cycle starts over.

The flip is just the automatic changeout from one to the other in the panel. You don't have to anything but click and look.

Those that want to add something different can make changes in the panel file.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .