Sign in to follow this  
~Craig~

Lionheart Lear 24 released

The stall warning horns have to be powered up. Did they work during the checklist test prior to takeoff?

Well, for the flight where I went up to check the stall characteristics, I can't say as I followed the checklist religiously. ^_^  However, once I was back on the ground afterwards, I did a quick check and they were most definitely powered up; at least, they went off when moving the switch to test.  Interestingly enough, I did this stall test twice: Once at a nice safe altitude, and once more when the altitude wasn't so 'safe'. :o   The second time, I just barely managed to get the nose up from it's dive, was at about 1000 feet or perhaps less.  The gear warning went off - I didn't realize what it was at first.  However, once triggered, the gear warning horn seems to require an activation of the landing gear to turn off; it didn't turn off on it's own after I had fully recovered and established a positive rate of climb.

I had an awesome flight later on last night (no stall tests this time ^_^).  I took it from CYEG to CYPA (I'm working on a FTXG version of CYPA).  Wonderful weather on take off and for the majority of the flight, but CYPA wasn't so nice, 400 ft ceiling according to ASN ATIS.  I flew the RNAV approach into rwy 8, and was a little nervous since it was zero visibility and I've had issues with the glideslope engaging.  But, this time the glideslope engaged perfectly, and I waited to see how accurate the ATIS was, watching the radar altitude gauge go lower and lower... Sure enough, at about 375 feet, I dropped below the clouds and found that I was perfectly lined up.  Turned the a/p off and made a picture perfect landing with a big smile on my face. :lol:

I've found myself hugely enjoying this release, more so than quite a few others I've purchased in the last few months.  My sim time is always late in the evening, and it's limited by how soon I want to go to bed.  As such, I'm usually looking for flights that are about 1 to 1-1/2 hours long.  The Lear lets me use that time to fly routes that would normally be a little bit outside of my regular range.  It's quite docile to fly (whether or not that's accurate is another story), and works very well with the GTN750 (I love that I can now put it in the VC).  It has enough switches to flip to keep me happy, and has a few really nice 2D panels that let me make good use of my 23" touchscreen as a second monitor (the AP panel works perfectly for my touchscreen, everything is large enough for my fingers and works with only a single right click).

Very pleased with this release, it's been my favorite aircraft this year I think. ^_^

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Yep, that is what it is all about. Good to hear. I absolutely love to break out of the soup and just be able to see the runway lights lined up with me.

I remember doing it for real one time in some really bad weather and the Tower kept saying there were lots of tall towers near the missed approach route. My wife asked why was he telling us about the missed approach? Beats me.

The minute my wheels touched the runway. The tower announced that the airport was closed. Now I know what he was telling me.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Yep, that is what it is all about. Good to hear. I absolutely love to break out of the soup and just be able to see the runway lights lined up with me.

I remember doing it for real one time in some really bad weather and the Tower kept saying there were lots of tall towers near the missed approach route. My wife asked why was he telling us about the missed approach? Beats me.

The minute my wheels touched the runway. The tower announced that the airport was closed. Now I know what he was telling me.

Regards,

Ray

Often I have broken out of cloud to find I have already landed!

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=search_videos&search_query=Actual+ILS+CAT+IIIB+autoland+and+low+vis+taxi+at+MXP+-+B767&search_sort=relevance&search_category=0&page=

Nice to have a new bizjet in FS!

The model is little "off" though (windshield size and front windshield ports aren't there).

A nice aircraft nonetheless though.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

When I open this plane there's smoke puffs constantly coming out of it.  What is the problem?  I've tried to research this to no avail.  Doesn't look real or cool.  Is something on that should be turned off?

Stan

I Know this is a kind old topic, i own this plane, i liked it so much, but there something that annoys me, i think this is quite simple to solute, and i already sent an email to Lionheart but they do not solve it. The RMI is not aligned with HSI, and i don´t find any way to align it (pressing D or finding some knob to rotate it as a fixed adf) 

2d_panel_defaut_GPS_zpsb473d72e.jpg

I´m pasting raymar 2D Cockpit image from page 5 that show this problem, look the difference between RMI (bellow Airspeed Indicator) and the HSI and i reinstalled it last week.