Sign in to follow this  
Emmanuel39S

Adding a gauge to the Seneca V

Hello,

I'd like to know if it's possible to add to the Seneca V a particular gauge (EDM 760 from the Carenado Skymaster) ?

I need to tell that I don't want to add in the VC but only to have that gauge in a separate window as it'll be displayed on a 'panel' monitor for a home-cockpit.

I asked Carenado but they kindly informed me they do not give infos on how to modify their aircrafts, and then ask this forum.

If the answer is no (3d gauge as I suspect in the C337), is there on the market a 2d gauge of that EDM 760 I could add to the Seneca ?

Thanks in advance

Have a great day all

Emmanuel

I asked Carenado but they kindly informed me they do not give infos on how to modify their aircrafts, and then ask this forum.

Wow...what a statement.  If nobody modified their airplanes, nobody would fly them.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

The answer is: Yes

It is a 2d gauge.

Try:

[WindowXX]
window_size=0.11, 0.19
visible=1
ident=10019
position=3
zorder=99
gauge00=CCTTS!GEM6, 0,0,100,100

Any questions, send me a PM with your email address and I'll help you through it.

Bert

Wow...what a statement.  If nobody modified their airplanes, nobody would fly them.

Gregg, I totally agree.  Carenado does lots of things right in their aircraft, but they also do lots of things wrong.  I have just about every aircraft they have developed.  However, I get better responses here in these forums on how to correct problems with their aircraft than from Carenado themselves.  What I don't get is how "out of touch" they are with the very individuals that keep them in business, us!!!  Someone on here mentioned they don't even check these forums.  How sad is that.  I would gladly want to know what everyone has to say about my products if I were a creator.  I get it that you can't please everyone all the time, but certainly that are a few folks here that "live" on these forums, and certainly not to gripe, but to offer assistance to all the other flightsimmers out there that want an airplane that is as close to realistic as possible. I think it's pretty sad that there is a thread on these very forums where everyone is trying to remedy the horrendous sounds this plane was released with.  I dumped the sounds immediately from this plane and replaced it with FSD International's Seneca V that I had on my machine from many years ago.  It's not perfect but certainly much better the stock sounds of this plane.  Someone there had to have know these sounds were garbage!!  I know that A2A is extremely adamant about anyone making modifications to any of their aircraft. I don't have a problem with them though because every single one of the developers over there take great pride in every single release and they have  designated forums for each of their aircraft.  The developers there live on their forums every single day.  It's pretty hard pressed to hear anyone say anything bad about any of their aircraft.  I think we know why!!!

Carenado certainly has the potential to be a frontrunner in aircraft development for the flightsimming industry.  I think in order to do so, they  must tap into one of the biggest resources available to them......the people buying their products.  Sorry guys, I'm just venting my frustrations!  I enjoy their products very much but we all know they have room for improvement! 

Gary

The answer is: Yes

It is a 2d gauge.

Try:

[WindowXX]
window_size=0.11, 0.19
visible=1
ident=10019
position=3
zorder=99
gauge00=CCTTS!GEM6, 0,0,100,100

Any questions, send me a PM with your email address and I'll help you through it.

Bert, what opportunities does creating such a gauge create?  I've fixed/patched planes with LUA but never with a gauge.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

You'll have to ask the OP..

This is not a fix, but a "personalization"  B)

I've done a popup STEC window for another Seneca owner.. it all depends on what you like to see displayed, I guess.  And, many owners have multiple monitors which they want to fill with the gauges they look at most, I would imagine.

Bert

Okay.  My thought was that I might be able to squeeze out some more fixes with 'invisible' gauges.  Maybe that's not practical or doable.  It'd be nice to have the ground radio working in the Mirage.  Honestly, the only reason I'd use a popup gauge for is to be able to view the critical things you can't see very well in a VC in most aircraft like the gear handle or the flaps handle.  Sort of a peripheral vision thing.

Gregg Seipp

Invisible gauges is another thing entirely..

Yes, you can definitely implement mods or fixes that way.

As an example, I have an invisible gauge keeping track of the FD/AP switch and coordinating it with a button on my yoke..

Bert

Gregg, I totally agree. Carenado does lots of things right in their aircraft, but they also do lots of things wrong. I have just about every aircraft they have developed. However, I get better responses here in these forums on how to correct problems with their aircraft than from Carenado themselves. What I don't get is how "out of touch" they are with the very individuals that keep them in business, us!!! Someone on here mentioned they don't even check these forums. How sad is that. I would gladly want to know what everyone has to say about my products if I were a creator. I get it that you can't please everyone all the time, but certainly that are a few folks here that "live" on these forums, and certainly not to gripe, but to offer assistance to all the other flightsimmers out there that want an airplane that is as close to realistic as possible. I think it's pretty sad that there is a thread on these very forums where everyone is trying to remedy the horrendous sounds this plane was released with. I dumped the sounds immediately from this plane and replaced it with FSD International's Seneca V that I had on my machine from many years ago. It's not perfect but certainly much better the stock sounds of this plane. Someone there had to have know these sounds were garbage!! I know that A2A is extremely adamant about anyone making modifications to any of their aircraft. I don't have a problem with them though because every single one of the developers over there take great pride in every single release and they have designated forums for each of their aircraft. The developers there live on their forums every single day. It's pretty hard pressed to hear anyone say anything bad about any of their aircraft. I think we know why!!!

Carenado certainly has the potential to be a frontrunner in aircraft development for the flightsimming industry. I think in order to do so, they must tap into one of the biggest resources available to them......the people buying their products. Sorry guys, I'm just venting my frustrations! I enjoy their products very much but we all know they have room for improvement!

Gary

Truly, in this particular instance I can see them punting over to the forums.  Still, wouldn't hurt to give some advice.  It's baffling to me why they don't engage with their customers. 

Gregg Seipp