Sign in to follow this  
Guest victorwest

Microsoft announces release of FS2006!

In a news release today from Redmond, WA, Microsoft Corporation announced the impending release of their next version of the popular Flight Simulator software, to be entitled FS2006, or FS10."We're very excited to be able to bring this advanced new product to our consumer base" said company spokesman Watt A. Takof of the Flight Simulator development team. "We believe this release is really pushing the envelope. We've listened carefully to feedback from users of our previous releases, and can announce the following features in the new simulation:- No aircraft. Everyone always moaned about the default aircraft anyway, so in this version we've concentrated on maximising scenery and weather engines. You can slew all over the world at the touch of a button.- Built-in dependence on add-on software. As our users seem to crowd their hard-disk with every bit of freeware and payware known to man as soon as they take our product out of the box, we've elected to make this a mandatory requirement. From hereon, MSFS will only work optimally with Active Sky, FSMeteo, Ultimate Traffic, all payware products as listed at the Avsim Store and, of course, a registered version of FSUIPC, FSNav and whatever else you can think of. This way, we enable maximisation of the utilisation of aircraft within the sim.- ATC is now realtime. We realise the shortcomings of our previous software and that our vector solution methodology was somewhat flawed; in FS2006 you are required to telephone your local ATC control center and let them know what you're up to. Please note that local telephone charges may apply.We look forward to your feedback on FS2006. We had hoped to release the new version today, April 1, but we didn't want our users to think this was an April Fool's ......."Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest Ken_Salter

It's going to be a long day...

Guest frankcubillos

LOL Good one Mark!!FrankPAI

Guest frankcubillos

>It's going to be a long day...ROFL Yep, it's started over at our place as well :-)

:-lol :-lol :-lol Marc, now this gave me a good laugh!But it took untill I had read the first 2 words of the 3rd paragraph, that I realized that this is an April Fool's story!Wolfgang

Guest victorwest

>It's going to be a long day...Not for me. I'm off home from work in 10 minutes.:-lol Victor

Guest SoarPics

"ATC is now realtime. We realise the shortcomings of our previous software and that our vector solution methodology was somewhat flawed; in FS2006 you are required to telephone your local ATC control center and let them know what you're up to. Please note that local telephone charges may apply."Does this mean we'll be working real-time with ATC? Do we receive the same priority as real aircraft (we should... afterall, we're taxpayers too :-)) Finally, about that phone charge thing... does MS have any stake in those charges. One would think that would be a violation of anti-trust laws. Wouldn't want the great Satan from Redmond making any money off us all (hey, it's just a hobby and nobody should be making money :-) :-) :-) ).Greg

You stole my thunder Mark! :)Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Since I'm one of those who remains dubious that we will in fact see a new release this year, that first sentence really got me going...for a few seconds!The stopper is back in the bottle and my glass remains dry :(Good one....I think? LOLMike

Guest davidvoogd

LOL nice one :-lol

Guest Jetfan

Heh, heh..., had me going there for a minute, thought, well, I guess I keep FS2002 for a couple more years..Thanks, made my day.Bob