Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

ATC Background Chatter Files

I've listed below a few places where you can get these from:

http://www.737ng.co.uk/docs.htm.....look down left side of page for the download

********** It has been reported that the RealATC site, while still functioning, has been abandoned**********

RealATC link REMOVED

************ Do not try and purchase the RealATC files *********************

If anyone else wants to add to this list then feel free

• Upvote 1

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

How do you install the atc background noise after download? Do you just put them in the sound folder? Thanks

Regards

Lamar Wright

To install the atc background files, you can place them in any folder accessible to Pilot2ATC.  Then, start Pilot2ATC and open the Configuration Window (button with the wrench icon). 

Select the ATC Radios tab.

For each controller, select the background file you want to play by pressing the 

"- - -" button next to the text box.

A future enhancement will allow you to have a folder for each controller with multiple sound files which will be "shuffled" to provide more variety.  This feature is not available yet.

Dave

I dont know, ATC backround chatter feels a little MSFS 2002 to me :) why not focus on AI control integration in your product like VoxATC and fake background chatter from wav/mp3 wont be needed.

• Upvote 1

To install the atc background files, you can place them in any folder accessible to Pilot2ATC.  Then, start Pilot2ATC and open the Configuration Window (button with the wrench icon). 

For each controller, select the background file you want to play by pressing the 

A future enhancement will allow you to have a folder for each controller with multiple sound files which will be "shuffled" to provide more variety.  This feature is not available yet.

Dave

Dave, along the same lines...choosing ATC Chatter..., I cant choose ATC Chatter Path ... I should be able to choose folder but in each instance, I get the text box filled with "Open file Dialog 1"...Note: I have purchased the RealATC addon for P2A and configured it the way you specified on pp73

J8uCQTb.png

...my setup below...

I:\PILOT2ATC_200\SOUNDS\ATC_CHATTER\CONTROLLERS
├───APP
├───CLR
├───CTR
├───DEP
├───DEP_GND
├───DEP_TWR
├───DEST_GND
└───DEST_TWR

HOmqn5P.jpg

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Chas,

When choosing to use the ProATC folder/files, you leave the controller file names in config blank.

Just set up the folders and select the Controllers option in config.  It should work.  If not, you also may need to change the names of your folders to be case sensitive.  (App instead of ___APP)

Dave

Hi Dave,

The manual states the USA is divided into regions K1 to K7 for ATC Chatter.  Where can I find out which airports belong to which regions?  I've searched the internet and Wikipedia and I can't find the answer.  Maybe having a "seniors" moment, but I can't find the answers.

Also, sometime in the future do you think you could allow multiple voices for all the ATC Controllers?

Regards

Rob

i9 7900x, Asus x299 Deluxe Prime, 3 x 1080ti, 32gb Ram, P3DV4.2, Prosim737, Immersive Display Pro, Pilot2ATC, AivlaSoft EFB

Chas,

When choosing to use the ProATC folder/files, you leave the controller file names in config blank.

Just set up the folders and select the Controllers option in config. It should work. If not, you also may need to change the names of your folders to be case sensitive. (App instead of ___APP)

Dave

Dave,

That was a screenshot of the Dos tree command you were looking at...amended to use initial caps

Cu5zcts.png

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Chas,

Thanks for the clarification.

I think I see the problem in your original screenshot post.  The Root folder field should be left blank since you are using the default file structure.  Just clear that field and see if it works.

Dave

I bought the realatc.net files and got them to work following the Pilot2atc manual. I like them but they are way louder than the Pilot2ATC voice. Is it possible to control their volumes independently?

Joel Pacheco

X-plane 11.5, i7 4790k OC 4.8GHz (1.330V) - Nvidia GTX 1080ti - Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 - Corsair Hydro Series H115i - Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 - Samsung 860 EVO SSD 500Gb  - Windows 10 Pro - HP Reverb G2 

Hi Joel,

I have found the same thing.

If you click on the Standby Frequency button you will find volume control there.  Unfortunately the setting does not remain once you close P2A.

Regards

Rob

i9 7900x, Asus x299 Deluxe Prime, 3 x 1080ti, 32gb Ram, P3DV4.2, Prosim737, Immersive Display Pro, Pilot2ATC, AivlaSoft EFB

I just got Pilot 2 ATC and am having bad luck trying to get the ATC chatter to work consistently. I downloaded some files from Live ATC and they work fine, and they work briefly in P2ATC, and then silence. I have pointed the ATC audio files to the different files for the different atc positions, they files work, if I click on them, but P2ATC doesn't seem to want to play them very often if at all.  On sound source I have single files selected. Am I missing something?   Kind of disappointed that ATC chatter is so sparse. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

I just got Pilot 2 ATC and am having bad luck trying to get the ATC chatter to work consistently. I downloaded some files from Live ATC and they work fine, and they work briefly in P2ATC, and then silence. I have pointed the ATC audio files to the different files for the different atc positions, they files work, if I click on them, but P2ATC doesn't seem to want to play them very often if at all.  On sound source I have single files selected. Am I missing something?   Kind of disappointed that ATC chatter is so sparse. 

I think I have it working now. I may have downloaded some Live ATC files with very little traffic on them. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Dave

Trying to understand how these ATC chatter files work. If I make a folder that has 3 ATC files of about 1/2 hour each recorded from Live ATC archives, will the program play file 1, then 2, and then 3, so I would have a total of 1.5 hours of ATC?  After that, does it return to file 1 and repeat the sequence or does it just stop at the end of the last file?