Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

ATC Background Chatter Files

Bobsk8,

If you want a series of files to play for each controller, then you should follow the instructions to set it up for "Controller Folders", in which case you don't put file names in the ATC Audio Files area.

The file structure in the screenshot from Chas above has the correct folder configuration.  Then put the files in the appropriate folders.

Also, I believe RealATC chatter files are still available at a discount.  They have been scrubbed fairly well to mask the location and give a nice background sound.  Only about $5 and you get your folders filled with lots of short files.

Dave

Bobsk8,

If you want a series of files to play for each controller, then you should follow the instructions to set it up for "Controller Folders", in which case you don't put file names in the ATC Audio Files area.

The file structure in the screenshot from Chas above has the correct folder configuration.  Then put the files in the appropriate folders.

Also, I believe RealATC chatter files are still available at a discount.  They have been scrubbed fairly well to mask the location and give a nice background sound.  Only about $5 and you get your folders filled with lots of short files.

Dave

Yes.I already had those files in another program, so I set them up this morning in P2ATC   and it is working great now...

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

i get 404 error on the link

It's possible that it's related to the DOS attack that happened today. Some web sites have been unavailable all day.

NAX669.png

Hey guys - I am an old ProATCX user looking for new ATC software.  P2A sounds very interesting.  W/ regard to background chatter does P2A control the spacing between how each chatter file is played back?  Is there anyway to control that part of the experience?  Thanks!!  Chuck

Chuck,

Yes.  There are quite a few options depending on how you set it up.

You can download the User Guide from the web site and read up on it.  Or you can install the trial and try it out.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Is it possible to mix generic chatter files (like the package from RealATC) with airport-specific files like those available at LiveATC?  Basically, I'd like to be able to download some airport specific tower/approach/departure files from LiveATC, but when I'm not at/near that specific airport, have the generic RealATC files fill in the gaps.

Thanks!

Dave can give the official answer, but from my experience the answer is yes. Your best option is the freeware add-on LAAP, which automates the live ATC chatter process by switching audio streams as one changes comm frequencies. LAAP:

http://laap.atc.free.fr/faq-en.html

Then one should consider what AI Traffic package that one will use. If one uses PSXseecon or Lorby's Live AI Traffic, then the audio from LAAP matches what the AI are doing, since those two apps use real life ADS-B transmissions to position AI aircraft.

What are the drawbacks to all this? First, Live ATC feeds are becoming far less available to the public, especially in Europe. Second, in the US, ADS-B feeds tend to only cover airborne aircraft, although that depends on both the airline and the airport. Third, Pilot2ATC TTS will obviously sound different than any live ATC and the live ATC will "step on" transmissions from Pilot2ATC. That's a minor issue, but it is annoying. Lastly, Fourth, the two live AI traffic apps still require the correct liveries and models, either from My T 6, WOAI freeware or a UT product. LAAP requires FSUIPC, as it is based on LUA scripting.

2 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Dave can give the official answer, but from my experience the answer is yes. Your best option is the freeware add-on LAAP, which automates the live ATC chatter process by switching audio streams as one changes comm frequencies. LAAP:

http://laap.atc.free.fr/faq-en.html

Then one should consider what AI Traffic package that one will use. If one uses PSXseecon or Lorby's Live AI Traffic, then the audio from LAAP matches what the AI are doing, since those two apps use real life ADS-B transmissions to position AI aircraft.

What are the drawbacks to all this? First, Live ATC feeds are becoming far less available to the public, especially in Europe. Second, in the US, ADS-B feeds tend to only cover airborne aircraft, although that depends on both the airline and the airport. Third, Pilot2ATC TTS will obviously sound different than any live ATC and the live ATC will "step on" transmissions from Pilot2ATC. That's a minor issue, but it is annoying. Lastly, Fourth, the two live AI traffic apps still require the correct liveries and models, either from My T 6, WOAI freeware or a UT product. LAAP requires FSUIPC, as it is based on LUA scripting.

Thanks. While interesting, it seems LAAP and the other software you mentioned is all for FSX/P3D. I'm running Xplane.

Sorry I missed that point. Even though LAAP uses FSUIPC I don't think it works with XPUIPC. I use P2ATC in XP11  also. But I never thought about testing LAAP..

You should be able to set up the Airport Folder ATC Chatter mode in P2A and then in place your RealATC type folders/files in the Country folder.  Then, when not on an Airport frequency that you have a folder for, the generic files from the Country folder will play.

Dave

1 hour ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

You should be able to set up the Airport Folder ATC Chatter mode in P2A and then in place your RealATC type folders/files in the Country folder.  Then, when not on an Airport frequency that you have a folder for, the generic files from the Country folder will play.

Dave

Awesome! Thanks Dave.. I thought that would be the case based on the user guide, but wanted to confirm. Thank you - keep up the awesome work - P2A is far and away the most useful addition to my virtual flying universe. I bought it when I was on P3D, and it's made the move over to XP with me. 

Looked a while for this answer but couldn't seem to find it.  Can I set up a structure under the airport folder for different types of controllers?  For example,

Sounds - ATC_Chatter - US - K2 - KSLC - App/Clr/Ctr/etc...

You can only have the folders as described in the User's Guide.  At an Airport, that would be Clr, Gnd, Twr, App, Dep. 

Then you should have a Ctr at the country level, along with the other 5 so you will get chatter even at airports that do not have their own folder.