Sign in to follow this  
Acetone

Scenes for Outerra

wow amazing shots again.

is there a plan to release an update to make it easier to make airports and cities and such?

wow amazing shots again.

is there a plan to release an update to make it easier to make airports and cities and such?

The road editor is going to be enhanced sooner or later (see thead here : http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=2661.0). They also have talked about a possible OSM integration.

In this video from an institute working with Outerra devs on forests (posted in the roadmap topic), you can see something wich looks like a basic urban grid of white buildings/lots.

And it looks a lot like the OSM layout of Aspen :

MBX6B0r.png

zyMk06J.png

(use the green rectangular park at the center of the map for reference, it's the "hole"in the middle of the video screenshot)

Far from the public release, I think, but seems like there is something :)

Download v0.4 - 4mb

Well, that's a big one. A lot of new airstrips and more locations in the north and the west of Talkeetna.
Have fun !

Changelog:

New

• *Added Bald Mountain airport (east of Talkeetna, on the top of a mountain)
  • *Added Songlo vista airport
  • *Added Mc Kinley country airport
  • *Roads layout and buildings placement for Mt McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge and surroundings.
  • *More fields and locations in the west of Talkeetna
  • *Petersville road (West of Talkeetna) improved.
  • *Added Petersville airport
  • *Added Nugget Bench Airport (three airstrips in this sector)
  • *Added roads layout for south Talkeetna area
  • *An "it's-here-but-it's-not-so-great" Kodiak airport (runways only, warning : some of the junctions are not at the same level!

Fixed

• *Major improvements for all fields and some roads using the "lead-in" "lead-out" vector property.
  • *Deleted a lot of buggy buildings hidden under the ground (around 50 of them... whoops :( ).
  • *Improved Parks Highway

Other

• *Campos for the new locations
  • *Updated Talkeetna and Ted Stevens campos, please delete the old ones

New buildings required for 0.4 :

IEwyziT.jpg

Awesome and briliant!

My PC is currently on the way undertaking some overhaul, but as soon as it is back on track i will install all the latest sceneries again right away!

Thank You very much for all the effort!

Awesome and briliant!

My PC is currently on the way undertaking some overhaul, but as soon as it is back on track i will install all the latest sceneries again right away!

Thank You very much for all the effort!

Thank you :smile:

Side note :

I have completely forgotten the Shavrov (see picture 1 - last post) in the middle of the Nugget Bench airstrip  grin.gif

No worries if you don't have the plane installed (but you should, it's really a cool bird for low and slow flights) but the others may have a bad surprise on final at this airstrip  rolleyes.gif

Thank you :smile:

Side note :

I have completely forgotten the Shavrov (see picture 1 - last post) in the middle of the Nugget Bench airstrip  grin.gif

No worries if you don't have the plane installed (but you should, it's really a cool bird for low and slow flights) but the others may have a bad surprise on final at this airstrip  rolleyes.gif

Hello Acetone!

The Shavrov is a super plane for sure - and certainly a better choice than the A380 for that kind of airstrips! :lol: :wink:

I can't wait the day rivers will be here.

... me neither!

A great screenshot - and let's hope that rivers will be available rather sooner than later!

:smile:

... me neither!

A great screenshot - and let's hope that rivers will be available rather sooner than later!

:smile:

Hard to tell. There is generally two or three month between each big update. Rivers are supposed to be a part of the new road system (they will use vectors too). So far, we know that they have hired a UI designer, wich will probably work on it with Cameni.

One thing is clear, the impact of such an improvement will be massive. This is the last "big" landscape element missing in the engine.

One thing is clear, the impact of such an improvement will be massive. This is the last "big" landscape element missing in the engine.

Absolutely correct - once rivers will be flowing through Outerra's landscapes, we will have a fantastic virtual environment ready to be explored right away - and certainly also ready to build and create top class sceneries into and on top of it! :smile:

Just checking the area.....

I keep thinking that if a (monstrously patient) user can do this with these preliminary tools, imagine what will be possible later!

screen_1411732101_zps7912a0c0.jpg

screen_1411732020_zps6b2c5d54.jpg

screen_1411734170_zpsc752d609.jpg

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

this is so cool.. i wish this becomes a flight sim platform with all the lovely addons..

i0yFUdx.jpg

South area improved, including a new airstrip. Still a lot of things to do before 0.5, but I'm happy with the result :)

Breathtaking amazing shots!

Now, i know it is Your shots and i am sure that lots of community members have already taken note of Outerra, and yet:

I still think it would be a good idea to post some screenshots of these great developments at the screenshots section here at the forums every now and then!

But then again - as it is most importsant of all:

Thank You very much for sharing these great captures here with us and for all the effort undertaken to keep Outerra crowing, progressing and continuously developed at such a high level!

WOW!