Sign in to follow this  
Acetone

Scenes for Outerra

Acetone released his update of Talkeetna today, but hasn't posted it here, yet.  B)

Yep, forgot AVSIM :lol:

Here we go!

Download  Alaska Scenery v0.6 - 4mb

Album

This one should be called "the KW71 update", because of his incredible contribution. Soon after the release of his Chapala lake mesh, he was kind enough to make a smaller version for scenery making purposes. Muchas gracias!

It's a great addition but it's far from an optimal solution for inland waters. You may see strange reflections and visible overlapping between some meshes. To keep the river at the same level, I had to carve river beds using fake original material roads. The result is sometimes weird, but I've tried to keep it the most natural possible.

To deal with the natural river slope, I had to create at some points artificial dams using roads to make transition between two mesh less visible.

It was a lot of work, especially because we had to do a lot of initial testing. I also had to delete and re-add all the World2Xplane GB buildings (wink wink Levi =D). Please, be sure to update these ones too.

New in 0.6 :

/!\ Mandatory /!\ : KW71's water mesh : <http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=3104.0>

- World2XPlane > houses > EU > GB (updated)

- World2XPlane > agriculture (updated)

- World2XPlane > churches

- World2XPlane > industrial > EU

- World2XPlane > commercial > carwash

- World2XPlane > commercial > fastfood

Changelog :

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

v0.6

New

*Water. Everywhere.

*To fix water elevation problems at some specific locations, I've created few fictional roads wich are used to hide transition between some water meshes.

Fixed

*Improved few roads

*Updated World2Xplane GB buildings, please make sure to update that package (see changelog for download link)

Other

*I need a life

jNGfZOT.jpg

ffwc3nS.jpg

sDhZ8YX.jpg

Warning:

Seems like the latest Outerra update (0.8.4.5323) creates some problems with Talkeetna.

Warning:

Seems like the latest Outerra update (0.8.4.5323) creates some problems with Talkeetna.

The scene crash ATM, will be fixed with the next Outerra update. You can still use it by renaming Morikubo's package until the next bugfix update.

The biggest mipmaping issue (KW71 water mesh lacking mipmaps) is now corrected, please download the latest update here if you are using the scene. Some other models may appear with pink texture at distance, please check if they have been updated.

I will post a full download list as soon as I can.

The scene crash ATM, will be fixed with the next Outerra update. You can still use it by renaming Morikubo's package until the next bugfix update.

The biggest mipmaping issue (KW71 water mesh lacking mipmaps) is now corrected, please download the latest update here if you are using the scene. Some other models may appear with pink texture at distance, please check if they have been updated.

I will post a full download list as soon as I can.

Thank You very much for this very help- and useful information regarding these superb sceneries and their issues with the latest Outerra update!

Thank You very much for this very help- and useful information regarding these superb sceneries and their issues with the latest Outerra update!

De nada :)

In fact, these problems are the result of a solution. As mentionned by HiFlyer in the main thread, Outerra devs added a auto-pink warning texture on models if they don't have mipmaps, a good solution for performances improvement with a large number of models. They just forgot to warn us before add this warning system, so several models are now (temporary) pink :)

Talkeetna will look a bit... strange until these models are updated, but it's for the best!

Talkeetna will look a bit... strange until these models are updated, but it's for the best!

download_zps34uqp4hn.jpg

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

De nada :)

In fact, these problems are the result of a solution. As mentionned by HiFlyer in the main thread, Outerra devs added a auto-pink warning texture on models if they don't have mipmaps, a good solution for performances improvement with a large number of models. They just forgot to warn us before add this warning system, so several models are now (temporary) pink :)

... never doubted it will not get better and better with each update :wink:, i just also admire Your work and all the effort undertaken by You to enhance this great location for and within Outerra :smile:

... and indeed absolutely nothing wrong with some "pink panther houses" in between! :smile2:

WIP LFNA scenery

nice . How hard is modeling an airport? I would love to learn how to do this in outerra and i never done it on another platform. 

nice . How hard is modeling an airport? I would love to learn how to do this in outerra and i never done it on another platform. 

Once you understand the way the road tool is working, it only require a lot of time :)

There are some tricks and solutions, I will try to do a tutorial as soon as I can for people wanting to do scenery editing.

I've always found that the actual hardest part, is connecting the various roads, since right now they don't auto-join, and even tiny height differences can cause huge speed bumps and artifacts. The road tool is like a delicate surgeons scalpel...... attached to Thors hammer!  :lol:

Which makes it a bit fiddly for fine work, right now. Patience is your biggest ally in creating anything complex.

That said, there is no real reason except esthetics that a simple runway and a few buildings can't be done in a few minutes of clicking.

Acetones towns, on the other hand............ Yikes!

You have no idea how patient he must be.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Once you understand the way the road tool is working, it only require a lot of time :)

There are some tricks and solutions, I will try to do a tutorial as soon as I can for people wanting to do scenery editing.

lol thanks.

Must i own outerra to make scenery for it. also is it OSX compatible 

lol thanks.

Must i own outerra to make scenery for it. also is it OSX compatible 

Yep, roads and buildings placement require the full version. OSX is planned but not ready (Apple use really outdated OpenGL drivers).

Nice.. I'm trying to find a good tutorial for this. Great job with the scenery.. thanks.