Sign in to follow this  
Viscount

Question about POSKY and IFDG

Hello everyone!I've tried a couple of aircraft from both POSKY and IFDG and although they make beautiful planes there is some kind of problem with the flight dynamics (at least for me). To maintain a reasonable cruise speed I have to use 100% engine power, and maintaining correct cruise speed for the aircraft is impossible. Since I almost always see only positive comments about these aircraft I guess this is a very uncommon problem. I found a post about it in POSKY's forum (I think, it might have been IFDG) but it had been largely ignored.I've tried more than 300 different aircraft, and I've only had this problem with POSKY and IFDG.So my questions are: does anyone know why the engines doesn't work the way they should for me? Is there some kind of solution to the problem?Thanks in advance!

Hello Viscount,I use the IFDG and the POSKY airplanes and never have to use 100% N1 thrust to maintain cruise speeds. As an example: Typical N1 values range anywhere from 85% - 95% when cruising at 35,000 feet, altimeter 29.92, clear weather, no winds. The typical cruise speeds are anywhere from 0.78 MACH to 0.84 MACH depending on your settings. So I have a few questions that we will need to try to help you:-What do you consider "reasonable" cruise speeds?-What are the take-off weights of your aircraft - are they close to the MTOW, well below or over?-What altitudes do you cruise at? Typically all commercial jets seem to cruise at altitudes of at least 25,000 feet (probably for short distances) and up to about 39,000 feet, though most flights should be above 30,000 feet is my impression.John

Hello John!Answers to your questions:A reasonable cruise speed for a modern jet plane like the ones I've tried (767, A320, A330, DC-10 for example) would be more than M.70. Many planes have their turbulent air penetration speed at .70-.72 MACH. The A330 has a cruise speed around .82 MACH if I remember it right, and the engines (N1) should then be at or slightly below 70% thrust. Since you too seem to use a much higher N1 value it could be that the planes simply are not very realistic in the flight dynamics.I have experimented with different weights (even with as little weight as possible, no payload and 10% fuel) but it doesn't help me much.The cruise altitude naturally varies with the aircraft I use but between 30000' and 40000' with a modern jet airplane. I can assure you that whatever is wrong it isn't how I fly the planes. I have (like I said) tried more than 300 different aircraft and I have logged more than 1800 hours in sim time. That may not be much compared to real world pilots (or other sim pilots), but I still know my way around planes. :)Thanks for your effort to help me, and sorry if my post is in anyway unclear but english is not my mother tongue.

Hi Viscount,Actually, I was going by memory on the above N1's I gave. Recently I have not flown the POSKY nor IFDG as I'm flying mostly payware - PSS Airbuses, Ready for Pushback 747-200 and PMDG 737NG. I did go on a long flight a week ago on the POSKY 747-400 but I cannot recall the exact N1 at this point. It's possible it is less than what I told you. But, I DO remember an N1 with the same POSKY 747-400 at 35,000 feet over the Atlantic, flying from Montreal to Amsterdam - it was in the high 90's. But, with the PSS Airbus which I have been flying recently, the N1's are closer to the 70% you mentioned - they are around 65-75% if I recall.I'll try a test flight with a POSKY 744 and an IFDG A320-200 and let you know.John

Thanks! I'd really like to know if this is an uncommon problem, or if it's something people learn to live with when flying those planes. It bothers me enough that I don't fly aircraft from POSKY and IFDG, and that bothers me beacuse they make beautiful aircraft.