Sign in to follow this  
Holger

Flight One's Canada / Alaska Scenery

I was wondering, I have American Road and rails for Alaska.. What will happen if I install this over that? Will it cause problems?

Guest Wardak

I am using American Road, rails and streams with only the streams turned on and it works and looks good.

Guest rlitchfield

Though a comment from the creator probably holds more weight then me, I am running this combination (Ultimate Terrain and FSGenesis) and it works great.I flew into a remote area of Saskatchewan where I spent a lot of time canoe camping. WOW...the islands and rivers are pretty much exactly as I remember them. The more I push this engine (Ultimate Terrain) the more I find how accurate it is.Robert

>Though a comment from the creator probably holds more weight>then me, I am running this combination (Ultimate Terrain and>FSGenesis) and it works great.>>RobertWhat about NuRoads and NuRivers by FSGenesis, I really like these are they compatible?allen

Guest miss.com

Any mesh or landclass works with UT or R. Taburet's waters and roads scenery - also great products - katy

FSG mesh works perfectly (in fact the product is designed to work with it).Landclass for Canada may be partially overwritten dependin on which options for UT you select.

Guest miss.com

all mesh are designed from exactly same datas - usgs - cded or srtm - mesh - will work exactly the same as another.regardskaty

Guest Phanton 09

Sorry..disregard.

Howdy,I'm also looking forward to Richard's photoreal project but that wouldn't keep me from getting Ultimate Terrain because its' a similar situation as with my Misty Fjords: apples vs. oranges! Ultimate Terrain (plus a good mesh) provide the basis for ALL OF Alaska and MOST OF Canada whereas Richard's project, Misty Fjords, and other landscape packages provide maximum detail in a specific location. I'll upload a compatibility "patch" for Misty Fjords soon and Richard's photoreal project should be compatible with UT without any further adjustments. In fact, UT's 3D night lights will be visible on top of his photoreal textures, if enabled in the UT setup utility.Cheers, Holger

Hi Katy,that's a bit of an odd statement and I'm sure that most mesh designers, including Raimondo ;-) , would beg to differ.True, the source data for a given area are often identical but the processing of those data and thus the final compiled mesh file can and often does differ between designers. This is most obviously the case with mesh made from Shuttle Radar (SRTM) data because there are many different ways for filling in the missing areas (voids) and dealing with unwanted spikes.But even source data of good and consistent quality, like the USGS NED data, can lead to different results. Below is a comparison of two LOD10 (38-m) Alaska mesh files and how they fit with Ultimate Terrain shorelines. Top is Raimondo's freeware Alaska mesh, below is my freeware Glacier Bay mesh. Both mesh files predate the UT release. I processed the raw data after converting the Datum from NAD27 to WGS84 and Ray told me he did the same, yet there's an obvious offset between the two mesh files. Notice the cliffs on the left (west) shore of Excursion Inlet and how the peninsula in the distance is fully formed in one mesh but has a flat western shore in the other. Not a big difference, perhaps, but not "the same" either.My main point here is not that one mesh is better or more accurate than the other; my main point is that mesh files do differ and will NOT "work exactly the same as another"! *:-* Cheers, Holgerhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/111362.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/111363.jpg