Sign in to follow this  
Mariopilot

OPEN BETA/COMMUNITY PROJECT: OSM World

I am in talk with Tom Allesworth to see if AVSim can somehow accommodate the 280MB package!

Mario, we accept files upto 500Megs in the library. Please feel free to upload it and then you can link to it from your website, your signature here and elsewhere.

Hi All!

I thin k we have a final release version! it is now uploaded! for those that have the beta one there is a small update to the masking landclass, and the Dev-Kit in a separate pack! It will be included in the EURW release as well! Check the dropbox folder :)

I am in talk with Tom Allesworth to see if AVSim can somehow accommodate the 280MB package! If the guys around this thread wish to start working on the next area pack, let's set up! It seems Lus Miguel has something done for South America! so that may be the next package :)

Hey Mario,

that is great news, thanks! I will start with a small area such as New Zealand/Oceania, just to test the workflow and to see if I can do it on my small laptop. But south america sounds like a good next candidate indeed. :)

Cheers,

Andreas

Hi,

I  need some help and would appreciate it.

I did create roads from roads.shp for my home town , I used Qgis and exported it to .bln and converted to VTP bgl using sbuilder, i am sure the road .bgl loads up i do not see it.

Am I missing something ? I have openstreet data sitting on the photoscenery for Innsbruck. But the roads are for my town Bombay. Is it a texture issue  ? 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Hi!

Did you use a high enough VTP layer? Level 8 is high enough to make them go over water and therefore simulate bridges! I suggest to simplify road geometry to 0.0001 deg, that is QGIS default simplify value...

In a few hours OSM world Western Europe will be available in the library! A Dev-Kit is included, there you will find information about roads! we will appreciate if you followed the instructions there so later your work could be integrated into the pertinent OSM world Package! You could as well follow the dropbox link in the first message of this forum and get yourself the dev-kit :)

signature.jpg

Mario, we accept files upto 500Megs in the library. Please feel free to upload it and then you can link to it from your website, your signature here and elsewhere.

Thank you Tom. I'd like to know how to do if there may be incremental updates. Or do you prefer finished parts?

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Hi! I have set up a dropbox folder where I assume we will work on the next coming packages...  so:

1) grab the dev kit

2) decide what area to work on and TELL US (me?)

3) gain access to our dropbox repository (I have the credentials)

4) devs split up the work for the area

5) when the area is completed, we release it into the wild :)

Since I suspect that you (Luis) posted at the same time as me, I repeat that Western Europe will be available in library shortly (as soon as library managers get it there...) We will not use the library for development releases or exchange of pieces of scenery... too cumbersome for us and the library managers :)

signature.jpg

Mario,

I have done that but now Sbuilder Copy BGL to Folders is inactive.

Seems you are unfamiliar with SBuilder :)

1) switch to line mode

2) select all

3) right click, re-enter parameters for lines (texture type, width, level)

4) compile

SBuilder compiles only what is selected!!

signature.jpg

Seems you are unfamiliar with SBuilder :)

1) switch to line mode

2) select all

3) right click, re-enter parameters for lines (texture type, width, level)

4) compile

SBuilder compiles only what is selected!!

Yes I am new to Sbuilder , in fact i am new to the whole scenery thing and i just copy paste :)   , just using it since a couple of days. But I did make the Bgl with it before now i am surprised the same does not work.

I am using Polish MP using mapeditor.

still no go. Ah i think i will let it go. 

Hi!

Did you use a high enough VTP layer? Level 8 is high enough to make them go over water and therefore simulate bridges! I suggest to simplify road geometry to 0.0001 deg, that is QGIS default simplify value...

In a few hours OSM world Western Europe will be available in the library! A Dev-Kit is included, there you will find information about roads! we will appreciate if you followed the instructions there so later your work could be integrated into the pertinent OSM world Package! You could as well follow the dropbox link in the first message of this forum and get yourself the dev-kit :)

Mario, I have now 2 questions:

1) I can't recall seeing it in this thread, but how do you simplify geometry?

2) if this is going to be a collaborative effort,I think it would be good to standardize layer numbers (for example, 8 for roads, 6 for rivers, 9 for rails, etc). Or let me say it better: what layer numbers did you use? I can recompile the rails and roads BGLs I have for Argentina and Colombia, so they can be published.

Hi!

2) if this is going to be a collaborative effort,I think it would be good to standardize layer numbers (for example, 8 for roads, 6 for rivers, 9 for rails, etc). Or let me say it better: what layer numbers did you use? I can recompile the rails and roads BGLs I have for Argentina and Colombia, so they can be published.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Hey Mario,

could you check the area around LSGG (Geneva)? It seems as if something went wrong with either a water poly and/or a water mask.

cYzyl.png

Luis, Grab yourself the DevKit aqnd find out for yourself! it is all there! We canb start coordinating in detail... are you working on South American Roads? Standardize your job per the how-to guide and there we go! I'll PM you access to the new dropbox repository (not the current one, but one I created for all OSM W developers)

simplify? in QGIS: vector->geometry tools->simplify :) (or was it geoprocessing tools?)

Hey Mario,

could you check the area around LSGG (Geneva)? It seems as if something went wrong with either a water poly and/or a water mask.

cYzyl.png

GRUMPF!!! this had to pop ouit one day after release.... Murphy's law wins again :) I'll check into it!

signature.jpg

That was an interesting defect!

We were looking at the boundary between Switzerland and France! The terrain is France, so it was not included in Switzerland, and a straight cut through the lake... on the French side, the terrain "island" was listed as water... so I deleted the water from France and moved it as an island to Switzerland... Only the French could have made up such a bizarre exception to the Geofabrik algorithms... (for any French friend reading this, I am just kidding :) )!

Navigate to the update folder in the dropbox, and get it! I will upload to AVSim shortly too :)

signature.jpg

Hello Mario

Thank-you for all your hard work.

I downloaded your scenery today.

I am enjoying it very much.

There seems to be one water section  at Antwerp that is missing.

The outline is there but no water.

Thanks Ed

IxPmB.png

Hello Mario

Thank-you for all your hard work.

I downloaded your scenery today.

I am enjoying it very much.

There seems to be one water section  at Antwerp that is missing.

The outline is there but no water.

Thanks Ed

Please send a screenshot if you can! It is more common for terrain to be missing, instead of water areas! Also, small roads may look like coastlines...

I am starting to think that I will release this kind of updates/fixes monthly, so to accumulate a number of them instead of flooding the library!

signature.jpg