Sign in to follow this  
Mariopilot

OPEN BETA/COMMUNITY PROJECT: OSM World

Looking forward to the release!

Sascha

Then go ahead ad grab it form the library tomorrow as soon as they post it!!

I just uploaded it today!

OSM World: South America is RELEASED!!

Thanks to all contributors!

signature.jpg

Thank you very much Mario and Luis. You really put some effort into this. A very welcome addon for this part of the world.

Henning

Thank you very much, Henning, we hope you enjoy it.

And thank you very much, Mario; without your guidance, all these line features would just be a dream. I have two questions:

1) Where did you take all the screenshots? It's clear that screenshot 5 was in Buenos Aires, but the other 4 ones?

2) I also have FS9 Evo (thanks, Sascha). Is it there any difference between Sascha's textures and the ones included in the download?

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

It was teamwork Luis! I was going to ditch the whole thing if you did not join in!! (I was hoping for more people...but this is for FS9...)

Ok then, screenshots:

1- Lima, Peru (Of course! :D) just off SPLP heading towards the water

2- Santiago, Chile

3- Sao Paulo? I no longer remember :D

4- Buenos Aires as you said, off Aeroparque

5- Somewhere in the fragmented area on the southern pacific coast...

The included textures are included because they are different!! AS per the Readme, they remove the green borders on roads (not always adequate), and revert texture 1101 for river/lake coastlines to be transparent, otherwise it easily covers up the tiny streams making them look like dirt roads...!! This is all about texture alpha channels, since Sascha  did not figure out how to.... and may implement them at a later stage as I had a talk with him about how to add them time ago...

signature.jpg

Well, for those who missed the download link 4 days ago, it's here:

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=191295

Enjoy. I'll do so after I get clearance from She-who-must-be-obeyed :P

PS: Mario, did you ever upload the European scenery to Avsim?

Best regards,

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Mario, a question regarding excludes: does SAME_EXCL.bgl contain only airport excludes or anything else? If is just airports, maybe there's another way to do so, instead of leaving a autogen void around the aiport: I used airport background data from OSM for making the excludes for Colombian airports; maybe this can help? That could even be done for Western Europe.

Best regards,

Problem is that excludes have to be rectangular... therefore I simply built a rectangle that spans the airport based on default FS airport polygons...

I attempted dissecting the airports in parts with Scenproc and then do rectangles of the parts, but the output is too huge even if splitting in 4 chunks the polys...

another technique is the "VTP exclude" that obliterates all choosen vtp layers in the LOD8 (was it8?) cells its polygon touches... no more autogen voids, but abrupt disappearance of all roads in proximity. All the access roads close to the terminals are gone that way...  I did not like this at all therfore went for the object excludes... and sadly "library object exclude" does not work because vector autogen, although it comes from libraries it is seen as autogen and not objects...

on the other hand the autogen voids are not always very noticeable...

P.S. I may be unable to do work for a week or two as I just formatted my machine (no data has been lost however, and FS9 is already running better than ever)

signature.jpg

another technique is the "VTP exclude" that obliterates all choosen vtp layers in the LOD8 (was it8?) cells its polygon touches... no more autogen voids, but abrupt disappearance of all roads in proximity. All the access roads close to the terminals are gone that way...  I did not like this at all therfore went for the object excludes... and sadly "library object exclude" does not work because vector autogen, although it comes from libraries it is seen as autogen and not objects...

on the other hand the autogen voids are not always very noticeable...

P.S. I may be unable to do work for a week or two as I just formatted my machine (no data has been lost however, and FS9 is already running better than ever)

Well, I tried so using excluding only VTP layers 4, 5, 7 and 9; layers 6 and 8 were left untouched. Then the same polygons are added again as VTP layer 7 1201 texture polygons (or whatever fits best). I haven't seen yet any surprises, roads still enter the airport polygon.

The very important thing is that both the excludes and background polygons must be loaded over all other OSM stuff,so I guess the OSM World 1 Core would be the best for including these files.

For me, autogen voids are what drove me out of add-on airports, freeware or payware. Well, that and the iFly 744 v2, but that's another story...

Best regards,

Well, I tried so using excluding only VTP layers 4, 5, 7 and 9; layers 6 and 8 were left untouched. Then the same polygons are added again as VTP layer 7 1201 texture polygons (or whatever fits best). I haven't seen yet any surprises, roads still enter the airport polygon.

Disregard, I had to decompile the BGL just to learn that I used texture 1190 instead of 1201. It appears 1201 because of a bug in Sbuilder.

Best regards,

I do not see how that solves the issue... you excluded VTP polygons, therefore excluded default airport polys, then added them back up?

The problem is that the roads invading airport polygons may carry with them light poles, and IU have at times seen them cross the runway!! The excludes let the roads stay there but eliminate all unwanted objects... I do not get what your method does as you leave layers 6 annd 8 that we used for roads unexcluded...

P.S. yes the Europe scenery is in the library as well :), last update for it was released in October...

signature.jpg

The problem is that the roads invading airport polygons may carry with them light poles, and IU have at times seen them cross the runway!! The excludes let the roads stay there but eliminate all unwanted objects... I do not get what your method does as you leave layers 6 annd 8 that we used for roads unexcluded...

I can see now where are you coming from...

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Public/Screenshot831.jpg?_subject_uid=16773494&w=AADB1ytgC2W50Re4wqStJy_MCeF--oVEL51H-XjyppFPkQ

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Public/Screenshot5934.jpg?_subject_uid=16773494&w=AAA642wvs_t2w4OLaocMIJXjLvdJbT6uUbXaen_8wV6lTQ

These were the results of a simple test I did: 2 fictional roads crossing SKBO. There should be another method that does not kill the autogen outside the airport...

Best regards,

Oddly enough I have not been able to see your pictures... but I have an idea... try moving the default AP* into the OSM core :)

EDIT: i cannot see pictures due to a dropbox error... probably they belong to an account of yours and are not public?

signature.jpg

My bad, sharing permissions set wrong. Try these links:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ilcypb48ozeo5vf/Screenshot831.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7du576prbfop2vv/Screenshot5934.jpg?dl=0

At least for South America, the issue should not affect too much: practically no South American airports have roads going under runways and/or taxiways. The only exceptions AFAIK are SKBO, SCEL and SBGL. In the case of SKBO, I can confirm that the offending road did not made it into the OSM scenery. Now, European and Asian airports are the worst offenders.

If I move the AP*.bgl files into the backups, I'll only replace the airport (Layer 7) excludes, but I'm not sure all airport polygons are in OSM. And actually, if I move the AP*.bgl files into the core, I would be lowering the priority. Any other ideas for killing autogen only inside a poly and not in a whole LOD8 (or 13) cell, without erasing VTP lines?

Best regards,

I have never intended to use OSM airport polygons as they are going to mismatch default airports, that are generally a bit misplaced/shifted in one direction or the other... and OSM is always incompleter so that is a no-go...

The OSM scenery is supposed to be above the default airport data according to the install instructions I think... so moving the default polys to the core may fix it? I think not so we are stuck woth the excludes...

signature.jpg

Maybe that's why it works with me:  I have OSM almost at the bottom of the scenery library list, right between Default Scenery and the continents (Afri, Same, Eurw, Eure, etc...). Only Default Terrain and Default Scenery are below OSM. All airports are over OSM.

Checking on LEMD (with the default scenery and thus, no Terminal 4/4S), I can see a lightpost in the middle of the taxiways. Pushing Eurw under OSM doesn't help at all. I'm doomed :P

Best regards,