Sign in to follow this  
Mariopilot

OPEN BETA/COMMUNITY PROJECT: OSM World

Option -> preferences -> bgl settings . VTP replace/coexist must be OFF (unchecked). I really suspect this may be ON because it is killing my coastlines (not the default ones which are in a higher scenery area) as they are on layer 8 too!

signature.jpg

Thanks, Mario, it did the trick. 6 years fiddling with SBuilder and never noticed this.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Good to hear. Of course this belongs in the things that should be in the guide to start with :)

signature.jpg

Bug report: The area around Slough (just west of Heathrow) has got some unreliable masking going on. Needs a look at.

I do not see the above problem. Maybe you did not download the latest update? it contains a fix for inland water in the masking land class. I can see the "lake" in the map view, but when flying it contains a large island leaving river-like waterbodies around... coastlines agree with that, so it is likely you are running an outdated landclass mask... check for the update on AVSim library. Note, there will always be only one update file, the old one is removed as the contents will  be cumulative.

signature.jpg

I have already installed the most recent update file. The picture was taken after a complete reinstall to try and fix the problem

OK then, the last update included a note on scenery area layer order. Did you do that? If not, then that may be the issue...

signature.jpg

Last thing I can think of: OSM layers have to be in order of their number. If not, such issues can occur...

signature.jpg

10 goes on the bottom. Another possible reason is an additional landclass you may have installed. It may need to be below OSM World if it happens to contain water class too...

signature.jpg

I should have included a screenshot with the installation instructions... what is obvious for a Dev may not be so for people that did not get themselves that deep into this madness :D

signature.jpg

Mario, I deleted the BGLs I uploaded some weeks ago... because I'm uploading a new version with all corrected BGLs (Coexist, not Replace), plus residential and industrial landuse polys... and parks and golf courses.

I had to add a 0 before the residential polys, so that they load first and don't cover the other polys. Sorry for the delay, it was iFly's fault hehehehe...

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Nicve job!

I will test the files very soon!

A quick analysis shows some geometry errors in the VTPP landuse files... these are generally corrected easily by moving points that are "kissing" the LOD8 borders a tad away from the border...

What texture did you use for universities and parks? note that national parks may be very varied in nature (woods, mountains, deserts, swaps...) and since sometimes these appear to cover massive areas the result may be a giant single-texture region...

signature.jpg