Sign in to follow this  
Mariopilot

OPEN BETA/COMMUNITY PROJECT: OSM World

Hehe, Murphies law indeed, but thanks for fixing it so quickly! :-) The French are a special piece of meat ...

Is it possible to get the forest / trees from OSM on to the photo scenery ?

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Is it possible to get the forest / trees from OSM on to the photo scenery ?

If you are working with Photoscenery (this package is NOT a photoscenery, but a vector data package) you can get even sigle houses. You can Use ScenProc to convert building data to Autogen Annotations, also ScenProc can detect forests... I now very little on how to use it... it is a bit of a complicated program, but uber-powerful. Head over to Scenerydesign.org to find out more!

signature.jpg

If you are working with Photoscenery (this package is NOT a photoscenery, but a vector data package) you can get even sigle houses. You can Use ScenProc to convert building data to Autogen Annotations, also ScenProc can detect forests... I now very little on how to use it... it is a bit of a complicated program, but uber-powerful. Head over to Scenerydesign.org to find out more!

Lol i generate my osm data using scenproc. I just copy paste the script and run it , and i don't understand programming. i have Innsbruck osm data on the photo scenery.  But it has never extracted forest data.

BTW where is your dev kit ? 

for the Dev-Kit, head over to the first post here! there you can download the dev-kit under the updates folder! Also you will find the scenery itself :)

signature.jpg

for the Dev-Kit, head over to the first post here! there you can download the dev-kit under the updates folder! Also you will find the scenery itself :)

Ok thanks. 

I am starting to think that I will release this kind of updates/fixes monthly, so to accumulate a number of them instead of flooding the library!

I think this is a god idea, I do this too! Otherwise you will always be busy with updates and not have time to develop ;)

Sascha

Hello Mario

Thank-you for all your hard work.

I downloaded your scenery today.

I am enjoying it very much.

There seems to be one water section  at Antwerp that is missing.

The outline is there but no water.

Thanks Ed

IxPmB.png

you have found another sliced lake... between Netherlands and Belgium... sadly this time it was omitted from the database entirely :(

signature.jpg

Mario , once you create the OSM autogen it will also work with Photo scenery. As I said I did it for Innsbruck, This is just for your info

Mario , once you create the OSM autogen it will also work with Photo scenery. As I said I did it for Innsbruck, This is just for your info

Are you saying that it can also work out of the photoscenery? As far as I know, that is uheard of... If that is the case we could cover the world in OSM-generated autogen without having to also map the world in photoreal scenery...

signature.jpg

Are you saying that it can also work out of the photoscenery? As far as I know, that is uheard of... If that is the case we could cover the world in OSM-generated autogen without having to also map the world in photoreal scenery...

Yes it will work. I am telling you i use it in Austria. I can  upload a screeny. I used scenproc with shapefile.

And by giving areas where there are cities and towns a neutral background texture similar to X-Plane, through either landclass or a polygons, this could actually look good!

Yes it will work. I am telling you i use it in Austria. I can  upload a screeny. I used scenproc with shapefile.

I'd love to see sucha screenshot, and also, how did you do it???

signature.jpg

I'd love to see sucha screenshot, and also, how did you do it???

I will post a screen shot, but it comes out about 5-6 mb and i do not know how to minimize its size to upload the pic.

I used scenproc with a script found on the net. got Innsbruck shape files. and ran scenproc just for buildings.

Put  the .agn files in the Innsbruck photo scenery / texture folder which was added to the addon scenery directory of fs9 and i activated it through fs9 scenery library.