Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Fly Tampa San Fran - Performance

Hi There,I got the Fly Tampa - San Francisco and its killing my performance. I have Fly- Tampa's San Diego and it runs fine. Why the difference from the same vendor? HmmmmWhats up with that?Both are sitting on top of Mega Scenary. Without Fly Tampa, I get 15-19 Fps, with Fly Tampa it drops to 1.5-2 Fps.I am running it on Dell Dimension 4400 Pentium 4 - 2Ghz. 1Gig memory, Geforce FX-5800 Ultra Graphics.Is there a setting or something I need to do.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest firehawk44

I get 25-40 FPS with Fly Tampa SF and all display settings are set to max. I also have SF MegaCity installed. I DO lose FPS when I call up weather and, if it's really nasty weather wise, my FPS drop to 5-10 FPS. Of course I have all my cloud settings set to max too and guess I could reduce the settings but so far I'm living with the poor performance only when I turn real weather on. I would suggest trying out some of the tweaks offered in the Hardware Forum. You might consider upgrading too as Dell now has the 8400, almost a 100% upgrade of your system. FYI I have the Dell P4 3.6GHz processor with 1 gig of DDR2 RAM, and the Radeon X800 XT PCI express vidio card.Jim

I ended up replacing the SF textures with DXT textures from their forums and that solved my performance issues with that particular airport..

Ummmm. Something is wrong somewhere.I have all of the Fly Tampa and most of the SimFlyer Sceneries. Fly Tampa's Sanm Francisco is by far the kindest of them all on frame rates for me. Many months ago I posted my results from all of them either here or on that other forum for what that might be worth. I really believe it is something else related to the location, not the Fly Tampa airport.Good luck:RTH

>I ended up replacing the SF textures with DXT textures from>their forums and that solved my performance issues with that>particular airport..Hi Davis.Could you give me a link please... And I can't even register at their forum.. http://www.flytampa.com/forum.html

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter