Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Outerra Videos

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

HiFlyer;

Thanks you sharing, very impressive indeed.

Do you have videos/screen shots depicting what a tropical rain forest canopy or tropical Island will be like? 

There are a couple of Videos showing Outerra in tropical areas, but its harder to notice because Outerra has no tropical tree types, yet. 

In the current version all you need to do to reach any specific location is simply type in the name, and the engine will take you there, even using just the tech demo, if you want to take a look.

But........

Now that you ask, I do remember Awac9 doing some island-hopping back in the day..... 

VERY early Outerra  ^_^

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Well, I decided to play around in the clouds a bit...........  :lol:

They are obviously still Alpha, but what a great Alpha!!

Devons rig

Thanks for the feedback on the Outerra tropical tree types.

You should rename this more recent video " Dancing with clouds" I'm very impressed with Outerra.

A user makes his dream area. I notice more and more people making these little dioramas. I suspect when the tools get better, scenery will pop up everywhere.

Devons rig

One of mine.  ^_^

Devons rig

Devons rig

Great video. It's funny seeing Biedronka supermarket from Poland nestled in the mountains (I also saw the model of my house ;-))

Yeah I'm more focused on the size/color of the buildings that their geographic location

You're doing an incredible job, especially considering the tools you have to work with. I've been working on some higher quality regional models for the autogen in X-Plane (http://forum.avsim.net/topic/433700-introducing-world2xplane/page-34?p=3239469#entry3239469), and I think these would also look great in Outerra as they also have ground textures so they look less random placed on grass.