Sign in to follow this  
dukeav

Traffic Optimizer for P3D

This makes me wonder if my setup is broken.. when I set my VFR traffic to 90% i only get an average of 3/4 planes in my surroundings (I checked with labels on)..

Great concept and execution.  Thank you very much for this.  Don't laugh but would it be possible to make it work for FS2004? I run P3D 2.3 and FS9 on 2 seperate PCs.  I still go back to FS9 very often.  I'm sure the FS9 simmers will greatly appreciate your tool as well.  :)

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Could you make a dual version : P3D and FSX ?

This one is great for FSX users too.

Will try, its at compiling with FSX SDK. Lets see...

What a great idea!

I am wondering if this works with any traffic addon? I use Ultimate Traffic 2 with P3D.

It should work fine with any program. Though UT2 seems to dynamically inject AI Traffic, but I still think it should go fine.

Also a post above mentioned that UT2 already has limiter, have you tried that? 

does this just delete AI at will no matter if for instance they are heading towards you and may be becoming into view?

It depends on current count and your target.

For example in KJFK, with MyTraffic at 35% for both Com/GA, I have around 500 AI planes. So with target of 150, 350 odd get deleted. These 350 are farthest from you among the 500 and the closed one to you which is deleted is 11 miles away. I doubt you could have seen the plane 11 miles away(?). 

KJFJ area is really an extreme condition.

In other areas, the nearest aircraft deleted would be even further away. So less likely you would notice it.

It depends on current count and your target.

For example in KJFK, with MyTraffic at 35% for both Com/GA, I have around 500 AI planes. So with target of 150, 350 odd get deleted. These 350 are farthest from you among the 500 and the closed one to you which is deleted is 11 miles away. I doubt you could have seen the plane 11 miles away(?). 

KJFJ area is really an extreme condition.

In other areas, the nearest aircraft deleted would be even further away. So less likely you would notice it.

Thanks for the reply, what i meant by view was that for instance if the said AI was heading in an opposite direction to you (IE for you) or crossing your path would it take this into consideration for not deleting?

Nifty little utility, thanks Duke! :smile:

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Thanks for the reply, what i meant by view was that for instance if the said AI was heading in an opposite direction to you (IE for you) or crossing your path would it take this into consideration for not deleting?

No, only factor used to delete an AI aircraft is the distance from you. 

What I meant earlier was that its unlikely you will see a an aircraft zapped in front of you. Unless the you set the target aircraft count to a very low number.

Edit: I think it would be useful not to delete AI Aircraft whose destination is your current Airport. So in-coming traffic would not be affected.

Edit: I think it would be useful not to delete AI Aircraft whose destination is your current Airport. So in-coming traffic would not be affected.

Is that something you got in mind for an update?

Oh, and thank you for the FSX version too! :smile:

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Thanks very much, a must have tool.

Good job!

Regards

Aimé

Aimé
My Youtube channel

Windows 10 Professionnel 64-bit / MS-7917 / 16384MB RAM / ATI Radeon RX590 8GB Vram / SyncMaster B2430L / SyncMaster 2333SW / LG ULTRAWIDE / Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 / Yüsmart JT198x7-1 / Flight Yoke System / Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel + Trottle quadran / Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals / Trackir5

Wow...I just tried this in v2.3  Just sitting, not moving at my airport today, with ASN also running, I had 14 FPS.

I fired up the Traffic Optimizer, and set the traffic around me for 100 flights.

Remember, not moving...just sitting, same scenery in place as I panned....

I went from that 14 FPS, right up to 20FPS!!!!

All my A.I. around me, that I could see, were not affected, or removed.

Thank you...this looks to be like a GEM...and very clever you were to write this.

I always wondered how many flights were being generated, and monitored by the core program...and truly, what did they have to do with my immersion, as I could not see them, beyond 50 miles, as they took to their flight paths., 

Thanks again...this was an in-your-face immediate FPS booster...

Post Edit:

Here is a picture with the FPS of 23.  As v2.3 was running for about 90 seconds, and I had not moved, only panned around, I was at originally about 14 (plus)...you know, fluctuated.  I then fired up A.I. Optimizer, and after a minute, it had deleted 53 flights as far out as 75-100 miles, and my FPS climbed and maintained 23 FPS!  This is with the depth and amount of cloud you see in the pic with ASN running as well.  Very impressed.  Folks,...it works...and works very well.... It frees up resources at no immersion cost to the user.  Very impressed!

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/tZ3

Post Edit 2:  Just wanted to say that as I was at taxi to the active, I peeked at the A.I. Optimizer mask...and saw that it has deleted two more flghts, with one at 76 miles me, and one at 100 miles....all in real time...and on the fly.....my bottom FPS in now 23, and it is climbing up to my tapped 33 FPS.  Very impressive to be sure....

Ses

• Upvote 1

Wow this sounds amazing! Can't wait to try it out...really appreciative of your work on this, Duke!

Purr

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

Well...this, Duke, is a WINNA~!

I'm cruising at 11,000 AGL, just off the coast of Mexico now...and even though I have Precision X locked down to 33 FPS, I am hitting over 50 FPS (well, P3D WANTS to go there...but is fighting my Precision X hold-down..lol)   I have settled in at 100 A.I. flight target from your default 150...and can tell everyone, that (and I didn't think this would...) A.I. flight generation, and P3D having to keep track of it all...is REALLY a resource HOG!   This program, tames the beast. I have now increased my injection from 35 percent to 50, to get a better model mix....(more of them in play) and will keep your program reining them in at 100 flights or less...

Thanks again, Duke for offering this to the community. It works like a charm...and will be there with each flight from now on....alongside ASN....

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/tZx

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/tZ5

MItch 

• Upvote 1

This sounds awesome! Yet so simple and clear as an idea and yet no one has produced anything like this before (not saying implementation is straightforward)! Unfortunately I'm abroad on business trip whole week and I can test this app just next saturday at earliest, but big thanks anyway!