Sign in to follow this  
dukeav

Traffic Optimizer for P3D

Yes, I know the UT2 in-game settings and exploit them. However, you either can have UT2 reducing traffic, e.g., via Weekly/Daily, fps limiter, and/or radius settings,  but then traffic may become really rare (somehow dependent on hub, i.e. with the same settings KSFO maintains some airliners while CYVR becomes completely empty...whyever). Or, you can leave it as is with framerate dropping by a huge margin.

I am still looking for a more optimized solution keeping hubs busy as in real life without runining fps. I agree it would be high time for LM to overhaul the dated FS2004 (?) based AI engine

Kind regards, Michael

Well Michael, I do know that MyTraffic 5.4c does work well with this tool.  I set the tool up to limit all flights to 100, and then even toned it down to 50 flights.  It did just that, my FPS remained as high as I have ever seen it in P3D (I also include and credit Beau's cloud math to reduce the cloud size by half as well), and when I fly over a regional, or hub...the gates are filled with the commercial slider at 50 percent.  I appreciate the fact that this tool, does not hit you for immersion, by what you see, whether in flight, or ground, or near ground scenarios.  That makes this a GEM-rating. 

Mitch, it has been a couple of years since I've used UT2, so my memory may be rusty. As I recall, one could set the number of ai being drawn within the 100 mile radius (fsx default) of your aircraft.(flying and on the ground) One was also able to limit the altitude that aircraft were visible. example: you could set aircraft to not be drawn at the gate until you were below a 'user set' altitude. Useful for reducing stutters while on approach at a payware airport. As for eliminating planes in flight, there are keyboard shortcuts for increasing/decreasing the amount of ai aircraft. As well as a shortcut for zapping aircraft that may be cluttering up your approach. UT2 was/is very good at it's job, and I liked the fact of ai actually following real world routes and not just bee-lining to their destination.

Jazz

I ran the demo, and really liked what I saw, except for that when you accessed any menus, and took the focus off of the main sim window...whatever was happening for A.I. died right there, and UT2 did a re-spawn. It wrecked the believable-immersion for myself...but as to the actual A.I. interaction...and the quality of the models, that was very nice. The other reason that I did not go for it, was that there was no Military aircraft of any kind. In the MyTraffic series, you have all your military jets, cargo and support, as well as whirly-birds.  I was doing touch and go's around KSAN yesterday, and enjoyed seeing in the distance, the military flights and call signs from the base just south, across the marina and dock channel.  It just completes the world, for there are many, many military bases, Air-Force, Marine, and Navy. There were a lot of Navy call signs out of that base yesterday, and it was easy to imagine F-15c's...taking off, and heading towards an aircraft carrier.  I do wonder why those behind UT2 left out such an important aviation segment???

Mitch

I tried the A.I.Opt for FSX, and while it does not crash, and it does connect to FSX, it does nothing.  Even in 15 minutes of flight, no flights were deleted, or even recognized. Has anybody got this to work for FSX?  It sends data requests, but comes up with nothing....no interaction.

Duke, while your tool definitely works for P3D, it doesn't seem (for me, anyway...) to work for FSX.  I load up the exe.....it does not crash, I click auto optimize, all the same as I do for P3D, but it comes up only with 0's (zero) for interaction with A.I.  Thought to let you know....and once again, thank you for releasing it for P3D. It really helps... 

I have to be honest and say that the clouds look too small after installing the "fix". Whilst it may improve performance (and probably bandwidth), I can't help feeling that we still need to find a way to "fill out" the clouds without the performance hit. I don't know what clouds look like elsewhere in the world, but they rarely come in thousand strong "mini me" packs in the UK. They are normally bundled together into more impressive looking structures.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Duke, while your tool definitely works for P3D, it doesn't seem (for me, anyway...) to work for FSX. I load up the exe.....it does not crash, I click auto optimize, all the same as I do for P3D, but it comes up only with 0's (zero) for interaction with A.I. Thought to let you know....and once again, thank you for releasing it for P3D. It really helps...

That's weird. It works fine in FSX here, just like in P3D.

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

That's weird. It works fine in FSX here, just like in P3D.

Really?   Huh....  When you bring up the mask, you see flight are being monitored, and some being reported as deleted?

I only show 0's....no crashes....but nothing happening...with the FSX A.I. setting even at 35-50 percent....

I tried the A.I.Opt for FSX, and while it does not crash, and it does connect to FSX, it does nothing.  Even in 15 minutes of flight, no flights were deleted, or even recognized. Has anybody got this to work for FSX?  It sends data requests, but comes up with nothing....no interaction.

Duke, while your tool definitely works for P3D, it doesn't seem (for me, anyway...) to work for FSX.  I load up the exe.....it does not crash, I click auto optimize, all the same as I do for P3D, but it comes up only with 0's (zero) for interaction with A.I.  Thought to let you know....and once again, thank you for releasing it for P3D. It really helps... 

After starting just click "Refresh". What is the "Last Count"? And target?

Really?   Huh....  When you bring up the mask, you see flight are being monitored, and some being reported as deleted?

Indeed. Same as in P3D. Started at KJFK with around 300 AI in the bubble, first pass removed down to 150, for fun I lowered the number to 100, and on next pass it removed 50 more (52 actually, a couple of new ones had entered the bubble ...). Double checked with Traffic Toolbox.

So it works fine for me.

After starting just click "Refresh". What is the "Last Count"? And target?

All zeros, Duke. Nothing shows up on the mask...in the window...requesting data...data sent...then nothing. The cycle repeats, no crashing of program...just no interaction with FSX other then sending request, receiving data....0's...dead in the water.  I am interacting with it exactly as I do (with great success) in P3D, so I don't think I am doing anything different. I fire up FSX, I let it take me to my airport..and stabilize. I then click on your A.I. Opt.  I then check off AUTO...and then press OPTIMIZE...action happens in the window...but nothing is being recognized or deleted. No A.I. reported.  I run the latest registered version of Peter's FUISPC for FSX. I press REFRESH, and it only brings back 0's, rather then doing what you designed it to do. Even after 15 minutes into the flight...certainly enough time for your program to poll the A.I. routines...still nothing...at 150 flights default, or at 100 where I run P3D at...

Indeed. Same as in P3D. Started at KJFK with around 300 AI in the bubble, first pass removed down to 150, for fun I lowered the number to 100, and on next pass it removed 50 more (52 actually, a couple of new ones had entered the bubble ...). Double checked with Traffic Toolbox.

So it works fine for me.

I wonder if it has to do with your version of FUISPC. I run the latest for FSX...

I run the same (latest) FSUIPC version, 6.936a, unregistered, in both sims.

I run the same (latest) FSUIPC version, 6.936a, unregistered, in both sims.

All zeros, Duke. Nothing shows up on the mask...in the window...requesting data...data sent...then nothing. The cycle repeats, no crashing of program...just no interaction with FSX other then sending request, receiving data....0's...dead in the water.  I am interacting with it exactly as I do (with great success) in P3D, so I don't think I am doing anything different. I fire up FSX, I let it take me to my airport..and stabilize. I then click on your A.I. Opt.  I then check off AUTO...and then press OPTIMIZE...action happens in the window...but nothing is being recognized or deleted. No A.I. reported.  I run the latest registered version of Peter's FUISPC for FSX. I press REFRESH, and it only brings back 0's, rather then doing what you designed it to do. Even after 15 minutes into the flight...certainly enough time for your program to poll the A.I. routines...still nothing...at 150 flights default, or at 100 where I run P3D at...

I wonder if it has to do with your version of FUISPC. I run the latest for FSX...

If refresh is not fetching anything, then its a Simconnect issue. Simconnect is used to fetch all data, while FSUPIC is used only to delete AI aircraft.

Do you have anything else which use Simconnect and works fine?

If refresh is not fetching anything, then its a Simconnect issue. Simconnect is used to fetch all data, while FSUPIC is used only to delete AI aircraft.

For me, I use SimConnect for my weather injector as well (FSRealWX), also in both simulators, working fine. My FSX is the Gold version, looks like it's the same DLL version (10.0.61637.0) that's packaged with Traffic Optimizer for FSX.

I've been running with this app for a few days now and it has improved performance substantially for me. I can actually fly from Teterboro NJ to KALB with auto-optimize set to 100 aircraft using MyTraffic without any loss of FPS.

Duke..all I had running at load up, was EZdock Camera.  No joy...0 on all masks. I am sure that other FSX users are also running EZdock, and getting this to work...well, I imagine that they are...

If ASN uses Simconnect...they yes..it works fine...just fine....

For all readers...this is concerning  FSX and not P3D....

It appears to work fine here with FSX.  I'm actually running it on a network client with simconnect and WideFS enabled.  Detects and Deletes AI as expected.  Very cool program!  If it could be refined to prioritize certain arrivals with nearly identical arrival times at the landing airport (to prevent go-arounds) or automatically delete arrivals to the nearby airports where I won't be landing, that would be fantastic !!! Thanks for a great tool, it truly is a gem.

@Mitch,

Did you uninstall the P3d version first and then install the FSX version?

Also, go to this folder and search for SimConnect.dll:

C:\Windows\WinSxS

Then right click on each entry that you find for Properties and look at the Details tab. See what versions of SimConnect that you have installed.

If that doesn't work, you can put SimConnect in a logging mode by creating a file called SimConnect.ini. Search AVSim for how to do this, but I wouldn't do that until you figure out which versions of SimConnect are installed.