Sign in to follow this  
dukeav

Traffic Optimizer for P3D

Its strange because the simconnect I used is from SP2, hence latest.

It appears it that newer simconnect can't connect to older FSX version, but again you seem to have FSX SP2.

Edit: Wait Wait. You guys don't have FSX Acceleration Pack?

Nope...never got it...no Acceleration Pack...

Hi

Looks great, will try this tonight :)

Anyone used this while flying online? I normally have to reset my traffic sliders to 0% before connecting so as not to have any AI?

Well done again and thanks Duke!

I think then we know the solution. According to this I should use SP2 SDK for it to be compatible with both SP2 and Accel:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=SDK_Installation_(FSX)

I have Gold and GFW versions, both of which came with Accel, hence I used Accel version.

Right....well...I'd love to see this working for me, as in P3D...so....I'll wait for your link that let's we poor folk...no ACC Pack...play in the FSX sandbox, too!  :ph34r:

Yeah no Accel here either. Just Deluxe and SP2.

From EGFF to YSSY

Just wanted to say thank you for a great utility but I'm another who only has FSX SP2 so it's not removing any Ai aircraft. Happy to wait until you have the time to release a compatible version. :Praying:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Its strange because the simconnect I used is from SP2, hence latest.

It appears it that newer simconnect can't connect to older FSX version, but again you seem to have FSX SP2.

Edit: Wait Wait. You guys don't have FSX Acceleration Pack?

You could be right, I have acceleration and it works like a dream. i have it set at 50 and Auto optimize, it removed 98 ai when I started it up and 2 to 4 ai as it progresses. works perfect, thank you for this, deserves a Gold star! I should also mention I'm using it with AI Controller and ProATC.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

This along with the P3D V2.3 cloud fix has made my day:-)

P3D 2.3 cloud fix?

Edited to add that I'll be trying this utility with 2.3 and Traffic360 next time I fire up P3D  :good:

Wonder why this range limit concept hasn't been part of the AI all along. Why generate so many aircraft that you will never see - at the expense of so much performance. Hope LM can add this in soon - a filter seems simple.

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

Ok. Here goes, this the version which should work with FSX SP2:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_5rZp8PTz0qVkhVa3g3Q285X2M/edit?usp=sharing

I tested it with FSX-Accel and it still works, but I can't test with SP2 since I don't have that. So try at your own risk, I don't bear any responsibility for deleting your plane instead of the AI :lol:

Hi Duke...no joy...same as before...0's for interaction, and nothing else.   The program does not crash, says it is connected to FSX..but no A.I. reported, and of course none managed.

I have a question...is there any particular way that this should be 'installed'?  I have only created a folder with all the .zip files in the same one...and then double-clicked the app. The same for P3D, which for me, works.  Should any of those files be in any particular folder, and not on its own on my Desktop?

Thanks,

Mitch

Same results here with SP2 installed. I just extracted the files to a folder under Program Files (x86) and created a shortcut to the exe..

I reduced the Target Count to 6 but all I see is Data Request Sent... Deleted 0.

Do you need any info from us?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Wonder why this range limit concept hasn't been part of the AI all along. Why generate so many aircraft that you will never see - at the expense of so much performance. Hope LM can add this in soon - a filter seems simple.

That is a very good question: As Mathijs Kok from Aerosoft wrote some years back it is easy to get 50 fps in FSX if you tune the right Settings: If you fly low and slow you don't need clouds and AI aircraft 100 miles away and if you fly at FL270 you don't need autogen trees or buildings at max. So an adjustment of such settings "on the fly" would be great.

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times