Sign in to follow this  
dukeav

Traffic Optimizer for P3D

I am suspicious of that "3750 miles". That's way outside any "bubble" where AI will be generated. As the SDK says, the max range is 200000 meters, or 200 Km. Maybe the code computing the distance needs to be checked?

Incidentally, I was wrong earlier about the "reality bubble". In FSX I think it's about 80 nm, not 80 km -- so about 130 km.  The 200km limit stated in the P3D SDK leads me to believe it might be extended in P3D. I recently reduced the FSUIPC AI table scan to only look as far as 40 nm (about 65 km), because that's the limit of TCAS which is the only real purpose of the FSUIPC traffic tables.

Pete

Ah, I wonder if your initially loaded flight is far away from your actual selected start  Maybe some AI is generated which is still awaiting removal when you move to the actual flying position.

Pete

Hi Pete, 

I don't get that with the P3D version.  What happens for now, is that as soon as I am stabilized at my FBO, (FSX) , I then go out of full-screen mode in (in FSX), and start up Duke's app.  It immediately reports an A.I. flight of over 5,000 miles away...and then in about 30 seconds,  reports deleted flight of about 80 miles or so. This (I hope..) is no biggie, in that we non-Accel folks have a working copy of this app (thanks, Duke!!!!) for FSX.  P3D has always worked, and worked right out of the gate...

Mitch

Hi Pete, 

I don't get that with the P3D version.  What happens for now, is that as soon as I am stabilized at my FBO, (FSX) , I then go out of full-screen mode in (in FSX), and start up Duke's app.  It immediately reports an A.I. flight of over 5,000 miles away...and then in about 30 seconds,  reports deleted flight of about 80 miles or so. This (I hope..) is no biggie, in that we non-Accel folks have a working copy of this app (thanks, Duke!!!!) for FSX.  P3D has always worked, and worked right out of the gate...

Mitch

Mitch, which Airport do you start from?

Usually KFNT, Duke. Both in P3D and FSX.

So that a hint. KFNT is about 5000 nm from 0,0 (lat long). Maybe some addon you have is placing some AI Aircraft there or for some Aircraft, FSX reports a 0,0 location in error.

Turn on Verbose under console and you can get some details on what is being deleted.

So that a hint. KFNT is about 5000 nm from 0,0 (lat long). Maybe some addon you have is placing some AI Aircraft there or for some Aircraft, FSX reports a 0,0 location in error.

Turn on Verbose under console and you can get some details on what is being deleted.

Could another possible reason for the (0,0) is that the program is getting data for the first few AI before receiving the User Aircraft's Lat/Lon, and is therefore using (0.0) in error?  If so perhaps this would be easy enough to deal with -- wait for the user aircraft data before looking at the AI? 

Regards

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Could another possible reason for the (0,0) is that the program is getting data for the first few AI before receiving the User Aircraft's Lat/Lon, and is therefore using (0.0) in error?  If so perhaps this would be easy enough to deal with -- wait for the user aircraft data before looking at the AI? 

Regards

Pete

Great catch again! That may be right. P3D always returns user sim as first record, maybe FSX does not. 

Ok...and oh..I use MyTraffic 5.4c as my A.I. injector.

Post Edit: I just read your latest interaction between Peter and yourself...so...you two are tag-teaming and zeroing in on a fabulous copy for FSX users!  I will wait, Duke for your next download on this thread! :)   Great stuff....wow.....

Ok...and oh..I use MyTraffic 5.4c as my A.I. injector.

Post Edit: I just read your latest interaction between Peter and yourself...so...you two are tag-teaming and zeroing in on a fabulous copy for FSX users!  I will wait, Duke for your next download on this thread! :)   Great stuff....wow.....

Can you confirm this by looking at verbose log?

Just start FSX and then optimizer, check verbose option and click Refresh. The first line in the console normally should be user aircraft for P3D. For FSX we it may be something else and User Aircraft comes a little later in the console.

Can you confirm this by looking at verbose log?

Just start FSX and then optimizer, check verbose option and click Refresh. The first line in the console normally should be user aircraft for P3D. For FSX we it may be something else and User Aircraft comes a little later in the console.

OK..will shut down my XPX flight....do this..and edit a reply...be right back....

Duke, I have no VERBOSE option showing...where is it?

? Does the Freeware Tool AI-Cull the same...

It sounds similar to what I do with the airports, but in my case I clear based upon distance from AI to you, so traffic can survive outside your airport also.

It does not seem to exist now?

OK..will shut down my XPX flight....do this..and edit a reply...be right back....

Duke, I have no VERBOSE option showing...where is it?

The latest version posted in the FSX forum has verbose check box at the left bottom:

The latest version posted in the FSX forum has verbose check box at the left bottom:

Oh...ok...was monitoring the P3D off-thread part...thanks

Ok, Duke, the first two flights were deleted from a KBAF flight plan...the second as well. Then flights were only deleted 

Nearest: 18

Farthest: 94.

The version i pulled off the FSX forum is working very well.  So, what it seems to be...is that as you first start the program, the first couple of flights that are reported from FSX, is about 5,000 miles away from KFNT.  Then...it all settles down in 30 seconds or so, from first bringing on-line the  FSX version.  No crashes to report..and beyond that 5,000 miles A.I. deletion....all performance is normal.  BTW, great new features in your mask.....

Oh...ok...was monitoring the P3D off-thread part...thanks

P3D has new version too, same old link.

The new features are excellent!

In my opinion, the missing piece was really the option to not touch departure/arrival airport. Really well done Duke! :Applause:

(Maybe in some future version the airports could be collected from the active flight plan, if one exists? Not pushing at all, just a suggestion, the current implementation works just fine as is!).

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

The new features are excellent!

In my opinion, the missing piece was really the option to not touch departure/arrival airport. Really well done Duke! :Applause:

(Maybe in some future version the airports could be collected from the active flight plan, if one exists? Not pushing at all, just a suggestion, the current implementation works just fine as is!).

You are reading my mind! Flight plan is next.