Sign in to follow this  
dukeav

Traffic Optimizer for P3D

You are reading my mind! Flight plan is next.

Duke..everything is working great in FSX as well as P3D.  I guess I should move over to the active FSX thread, for any further comments regarding FSX. Are you going to monitor that one regularly as well? 

Oops, I ran into one small thing. I didn't notice right away because I was toying with the FSX version, lol - stereo is confusing.

The display fields for aircraft at departure and destination airports (headed to/located at) don't work in the P3D version, at least not for me.

EDIT: Seems to be a "caps" thing: It understands ICAO code "KJFK" but not "kjfk". I must have used caps when testing FSX, my bad.

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

It sounds similar to what I do with the airports, but in my case I clear based upon distance from AI to you, so traffic can survive outside your airport also.

No, traffic in my programs survives outside my departure and destination ICAO(s).  You can specify a flight level above which AI isn't deleted (for enroute flight traffic).  My program is geared more toward my companion AIController utility, where I don't want to generically delete the farthest away AI because I may want to establish them on STAR(s).  Instead, I delete AI not departing from/arriving at monitored airports (usually the departure and destination and perhaps an alternate).

It does not seem to exist now?

?  It is there.

You can specify a flight level above which AI isn't deleted (for enroute flight traffic).

Seems like the opposite would also be useful:  deleting AI above a certain altitude would good for GA Orbx and bush flyers. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I'm being only half-serious here, but this app is another example of "no good deed goes unpunished". I hope this doesn't play out like what happened with the DX10Fixer app. The Traffic manager was developed for P3d 2.3 and it worked, no muss no fuss. Then someone asked the reasonable question, "Why isn't there an FSX version?" Now people are logically asking for more and more options. With that will come more and more users and more and more support issues.

See a pattern?

I'm being only half-serious here, but this app is another example of "no good deed goes unpunished". I hope this doesn't play out like what happened with the DX10Fixer app. The Traffic manager was developed for P3d 2.3 and it worked, no muss no fuss. Then someone asked the reasonable question, "Why isn't there an FSX version?" Now people are logically asking for more and more options. With that will come more and more users and more and more support issues.

See a pattern?

Lets hope common sense and decency win out this time and people appreciate the awesome app that Duke has created in his own time to make P3D/FSX even better.

From EGFF to YSSY

See a pattern?

Your observation is pretty much spot on.

At least for now there is not too much "punishment";) Right now I am here taking a break from BF4, but who knows, one day "poof" and I may be on to the next "thing".

sorry to be so dense, but where do the unzipped files go?

Thanks

Lon Duncombe

There is not specific requirement. Put them anywhere you like.

Every time I run it (running as admin) traffic manager crashes no matter where I put it..  I am running p3d v2.    :(

Lon Duncombe

The FSX version works fine - but with FSX which I have installed (on the same drive) but am not using.  Could there be some sort of conflict?

Duke all I can say is AWSOME! I now have it set up via simconnect on my second machine and places like KLAX and KORD are no longer a slide show!!! please keep up the good work!

Jon

Every time I run it (running as admin) traffic manager crashes no matter where I put it..  I am running p3d v2.    :(

Lon Duncombe

The FSX version works fine - but with FSX which I have installed (on the same drive) but am not using.  Could there be some sort of conflict?

Crash on starting is most likely related to simconnect issues. See if you can troubleshoot simconnect, there is thread somewhere here I think on that.

Duke all I can say is AWSOME! I now have it set up via simconnect on my second machine and places like KLAX and KORD are no longer a slide show!!! please keep up the good work!

Jon

Thanks for the feedback!

BTW, a build is out with minimize button and crash on exit fix. Same old link...

Seems like the opposite would also be useful:  deleting AI above a certain altitude would good for GA Orbx and bush flyers. 

Yes indeed, that would be nice.