Sign in to follow this  
dukeav

Traffic Optimizer for P3D

Thanks, Duke!   You are one HECK of a productive man.....wow....and as always stated...very much appreciated, your program, and ensuing tweaks!

Mitch

Duke, thank you so much. Will go through it on weekend.

Harry

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Greetings Duke,

First, thanks for the excellent program. I want to autostart the software. I added an entry into FSUIPC:

Run1=CLOSE,"S:\Software\AirTrafficManager\AirTrafficManager.exe"

That is a pretty standard entry for FSUIPC.

I am using P3D 2.4. P3D begins to load. Other programs (started by FSUIIPC or P3D) begin to load. AirTrafficManager.exe loads and throws and exception. It appears it doesn't like to open before FSUIPC is fully loaded. I click 'continue' on the exception dialogue. The program appears to work as it should without further issue. When I close P3D, FSUIPC closes ATM.

Perhaps you could catch the exception and let the program continue running. I realize there could be other reasons for concern regarding the absence of FSUIPC, but it would be nice to be able to autorun the program. This is FYI. I have uploaded a screen shot of the exception dialogue. EDIT: there doesn't appear to be any way of uploading the image.

You could recreate the issue by setting up an autorun entry in FSUIPC.ini for ATM.

One other question: what is the latest version of the program for P3D? I see FSX-SP2. Is that for P3D as well?

Thanks again for the great program,

Graham

Greetings Duke,

First, thanks for the excellent program. I want to autostart the software. I added an entry into FSUIPC:

That is a pretty standard entry for FSUIPC.

I am using P3D 2.4. P3D begins to load. Other programs (started by FSUIIPC or P3D) begin to load. AirTrafficManager.exe loads and throws and exception. It appears it doesn't like to open before FSUIPC is fully loaded. I click 'continue' on the exception dialogue. The program appears to work as it should without further issue. When I close P3D, FSUIPC closes ATM.

Perhaps you could catch the exception and let the program continue running. I realize there could be other reasons for concern regarding the absence of FSUIPC, but it would be nice to be able to autorun the program. This is FYI. I have uploaded a screen shot of the exception dialogue. EDIT: there doesn't appear to be any way of uploading the image.

You could recreate the issue by setting up an autorun entry in FSUIPC.ini for ATM.

One other question: what is the latest version of the program for P3D? I see FSX-SP2. Is that for P3D as well?

Thanks again for the great program,

Graham

Hey Graham,

I know that exception, as you said I just need to catch it and move on.

The FSX-SP2 version is the latest and it works with P3D also. I am no longer updating the P3D one.

regards

Edit: I have uploaded a new version which doesn't throw exceptions on startup with sim. Same old link as on top of the page. 

Super little program thank you!

Tried it last night after reinstalling MyTraffic into P3D V2.4.

I don't fly much with AI around but certainly helps the FPS when I do.

Cheers

Adam

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Thanks Duke. Just one other thing. Would it be possible to save the state of the Verbose check box?

Thanks again for taking care of us,

Graham

Hi can anyone tell me where i put this line to autostart the program.

thanks

steve

It goes in FSUIPC4.ini which is in your Modules subfolder. Edit the file with Notepad and add the line under the category:

[Programs] 

This bracketed section may or may not already be present. If for some reason, that doesn't work properly, you might want to try:

[Programs] 

Runif1=READY,CLOSE,"S:\Software\AirTrafficManager\AirTrafficManager.exe","S:\Software\AirTrafficManager\AirTrafficManager.exe"

Consult this FSUIPC User's Manual for more details on these commands.