Sign in to follow this  
dukeav

Traffic Optimizer for P3D

I get a CTD from it when FSX is loading my flight about 70% of the time.  I restart it and it does fine.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I get a CTD from it when FSX is loading my flight about 70% of the time.  I restart it and it does fine.

Gregg

Can you try the latest version? That has the fix for startup exception.

Can you try the latest version? That has the fix for startup exception.

I got the update a few days ago.  Has it been updated since then?  It happens when FSX is loading for the first time...usually when it's about 10-15%.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Gregg,

I used to have an entry in FSUIPC4.ini to launch TO automatically. I've since reverted to manual launching as I need to get a plan loaded in FSX first.

Logically there doesn't seem much point loading TO with FSX as it works best with a plan so it can get the 2 ICAOs. otherwise you have to enter them manually. The previous flightplan will still be active when FSX launches and it probably needs changing.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I got the update a few days ago.  Has it been updated since then?  It happens when FSX is loading for the first time...usually when it's about 10-15%.

Gregg

Last update was 6th Oct.

Last update was 6th Oct.

Mine is Oct 6...10:31 PM I think.  It seems to crash when I'm changing airports too.  Maybe that has something to do with it.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

Mine is Oct 6...10:31 PM I think.  It seems to crash when I'm changing airports too.  Maybe that has something to do with it.

Gregg

Is it crash or is there a continue button on which it continues to work?

Hi, I'm personally not bothered about the integrated launch option as I've made it a part of my pre-flight process to load the application and configure my departure/arrival airports.

Just wanted to say, this application is absolutely superb. I'm using it with UT2 and combined with UT2's option to control the radius within which ground traffic is spawned and the altitude above which ground traffic is no longer rendered this tool will be an absolute must for all off-line fliers. I've yet to settle on a figure for AI traffic but certainly in most GA aircraft around 100 AI is working exceptionally well. 

Thank you for your efforts. 

I tried this app out last night and all I can say is "wow...THANKS". This helps greatly in freeing up CPU cycles. It also demonstrates pretty clearly how much CPU can get swallowed alive by traffic.

I'm amazed that someone didn't write this app sooner. Such a straightforward and totally logical way of handling it. Anyways...thanks again!

I wonder if the same idea would work with the boats.

Gregg Seipp

This has been brought up before. It would work with boats but not road traffic.

PLEASE add a road traffic option! That would truly be the icing on the cake.

This has been brought up before. It would work with boats but not road traffic.

Boats would be pretty amazing.  

Gregg Seipp

AI aircraft and ships are done with SimConnect, so it's easy to kill off excess objects. Unfortunately, road traffic is not.

Do you really have enough boat traffic to make a difference in performance?