Sign in to follow this  
dukeav

Traffic Optimizer for P3D

AI aircraft and ships are done with SimConnect, so it's easy to kill off excess objects. Unfortunately, road traffic is not.

Do you really have enough boat traffic to make a difference in performance?

Well, that's the thing...I add boat traffic and my performance goes to crap.  So I keep the sliders verrrry lowwww.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Is it crash or is there a continue button on which it continues to work?

I finally noticed this...yes, there is a continue button and it continues to work.  The error says that there is an arithematic overflow.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

I finally noticed this...yes, there is a continue button and it continues to work.  The error says that there is an arithematic overflow.

Gregg

Ok. I have not seen this arithmetic error before. Can you post the complete error next time?

Thanks

anyone got a working link to the P3D Optimiser? Original post on page one gooogledrive link is dead :(

(I also presume its working on v2.4?)

Cheers!

anyone got a working link to the P3D Optimiser? Original post on page one gooogledrive link is dead :(

(I also presume its working on v2.4?)

Cheers!

Use the "Best Answer" link at the top, there's just one version for both P3D and FSX. 

Use the "Best Answer" link at the top, there's just one version for both P3D and FSX. 

Ahh, cheers - do I need to extract the ATM files to a default folder in the Prepar3d main folder?

And copy paste the modules into "modules" folder? Tried running it as jut a stand along folder (with Prepar3d 2.v4 already running), and nothing happened..?

Edit - just tried what I suggested, and still no joy.. I have a SimConnectP3D2.dll in my modules folder already, so can't be that..?

I have FSUIPC installed (latest version), but does that have to be registered?

Like I said, i run P3D.exe, sitting on runway, alt-entr to desktop and double click the ATM icon - it loads for about 10sec, then does nothing..?

Cheers again

Ahh, cheers - do I need to extract the ATM files to a default folder in the Prepar3d main folder?

And copy paste the modules into "modules" folder? Tried running it as jut a stand along folder (with Prepar3d 2.v4 already running), and nothing happened..?

Put it outside somewhere like C:\tools.

So there is nothing in the task bar also?

Put it outside somewhere like C:\tools.

So there is nothing in the task bar also?

Tried that, and still no luck.. Nothing in task bar or services/applications when C-A-D'ing...

Do i need to copy any files into modules? Or just extract the one folder from the zip and do nothing else?

Edit: AirTrafficManager.exe appears in processes for about 5-15seconds, then disappears..

Edit again: the highlighted link to the download wasn't working at all, but finally found a link with P3d only (hosted at medifire) - it works!!

Cheers for the help! :)

Edit - just tried what I suggested, and still no joy.. I have a SimConnectP3D2.dll in my modules folder already, so can't be that..?

I have FSUIPC installed (latest version), but does that have to be registered?

Like I said, i run P3D.exe, sitting on runway, alt-entr to desktop and double click the ATM icon - it loads for about 10sec, then does nothing..?

Cheers again

Do you have .Net framework 4.0?

Also try installing Simconnect again, look in the "redist" folder under where P3D is installed. Then look for simconnect.msi under FSX-RTM, FSX-SP1 and FSX-SP2-XPACK folders. Install all three from these folders,

Duke,

At present TO 'remembers' the settings when it is closed and starts up next time with those. What would be helpful is if it could always start without Auto Optimise unchecked.

I start it via an entry in FSUIPC4.INI and auto optimise is unchecked. I then load a plan into FSX and at that point will click auto optimise. After my flight is completed and I exit FSX TO closes automatically but auto optimise is still ticked.

Unless I remember to untick it before I close FSX it will start up next time with it ticked. If you can change things so it always start unticked I'd be grateful.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Unless I remember to untick it before I close FSX it will start up next time with it ticked. If you can change things so it always start unticked I'd be grateful.

Sounds like he could use a config file.  I like it ticked.

Gregg Seipp

+1 on the config file. I like to have verbose output. Please understand this is a wish and not a demand. We are so fortunate that you took the time to create this excellent program in the first place.

Graham

Ok. I have not seen this arithmetic error before. Can you post the complete error next time?

Here's one...

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
   at AirTrafficManager.Main.p3d_simconnect_OnRecvSimobjectDataBytype(SimConnect sender, SIMCONNECT_RECV_SIMOBJECT_DATA_BYTYPE data)
   at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.SimConnect.raise_OnRecvSimobjectDataBytype(SimConnect value0, SIMCONNECT_RECV_SIMOBJECT_DATA_BYTYPE value1)
   at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.SimConnect.OnReceiveMessage(SIMCONNECT_RECV pData, UInt32 cbData)
   at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.CSignalProcDelegateMarshaler.CallSignalProc(SIMCONNECT_RECV* pData, UInt32 cbData, Void* pContext)
   at SimConnect_CallDispatch(Void* , IntPtr , Void* )
   at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.SimConnect.ReceiveDispatch(SignalProcDelegate pfcnSignal)
   at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.SimConnect.ReceiveMessage()
   at AirTrafficManager.Main.DefWndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18444 built by: FX451RTMGDR
----------------------------------------
AirTrafficManager
    Assembly Version: 1.3.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.3.0.0
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 11.0.50938.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34238 built by: FX452RTMGDR
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
System.Windows.Forms
System.Drawing
System.Configuration
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34234 built by: FX452RTMGDR
System.Runtime.Remoting
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34108 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR

Gregg Seipp

New version:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2ie8mkiy8isjg68/AirTrafficManagerFSX-P3D.zip

Changes:

1. Start with Optimize On option

2. Verbose log setting preserved

3. Few crash fixes

Thank you Sir!

Regards,

AK

Best regards, Luís

SYSTEM (build date july, 2023): Case: Lian Li Lancool III  |  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z790-E Gaming WIFI  CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-13900K Processor @ 6.0 GHZ  |  RAM: 128 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB @ 4800 MHZ  |  MVMe 1: 4 TB Crucial T700 PCIe Gen 5 MVMe 2: 4TB WD Black SN850X PCIe Gen 4 Cooler: Corsair iCue H150i Elite LCD XT | PSU: Corsair HX1500i | GPU: Asus ROG STRIX Gaming 4090 OC | Microsoft Windows 11 x64 Pro