Sign in to follow this  
dukeav

Traffic Optimizer for P3D

Hi guys !

This thread is now 29 pages.. :)

Can someone give a short recap what AI-app works with dukeav's Traffic Optimiser and not ?

And is 1.9.0.6 latest version ?

Best regards

Bigsweede

Jay, that's a great idea, I did not think of that.

I'll give it a try as soon as I get a chance because I'm getting tired of having to load a plane, optimize, than load a helicopter to fly it...

EDIT: Wait a minute, there's a default 206? I guess it's been too long since I unchecked Favorites only. ;-)

So that leaves Traffic Manager as the cause of your problems. I guess one way of checking this to temporarily change the default Bell 206B type to "airplane" in the [General] section of its aircraft.cfg and see if it matters when you use the Traffic Manager. The 206B is a legacy SimObject and only has a very rudimentary [Helicopter] section in aircraft.cfg, so it should still be flyable.

Guys what are the good settings to have with MT6.

I just want to see some planes at airport only.  I would care less once I am up in the air.  I do fly over NCA/SCA so I need to be careful with VAS especially over KLAX area. 

What settings for MT6 works well with Traffic Optimizer here?

Thanks

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

It's further back this thread Skywolf, but to save you the trouble, I'll try to summarize it. First it really depends on what type of flying you are doing. If you never go near any major metropolitan areas with multiple international airports, then 30%/15% (commercial/GA)  traffic setting in the sim and 100 aircraft in the TO will probably be okay. But either near at or near one of those airports, you might want to be closer to 50 aircraft or maybe even less with the TO. Note that a 25-35% commercial traffic setting in P3d gives realistic real world traffic levels with MyT 6. At 100%, MyT 6 will provide ~3 times  the number of real world schedules. Some people like this kind of thing, especially at remote airports with little real world commercial traffic.

It also depends on both your hardware's capabilities and your IQ settings in the sim. The best approach is to "titrate" the percentages within the sim with the aircraft limit in the TO until you find the sweet spot for your type of flying, your settings and your hardware.

The second consideration in your specific case (you said you don't care about airborne AI traffic) is to limit the number of aircraft to a very small number, but to exclude the initial and destination airports  in the TO. Again depending on the airport, you might have to experiment with the in-sim traffic settings.

I see that at least two people are using UT2 with Prepar3d yet Flight 1 say it can't be done!

I currently fly FSX with UT2 and am about to move across to P3D V3. Since some of you are using UT2 can you point me to the appropriate instructions to how it can be done.

Thanks

Ray

Any chance of implementing AI Smooth type feature in the Traffic Optimizer? In FSX I used both together to great effect but AI Smooth doesn't work in P3D.

• Upvote 1

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Hi. Could it work with P3D v 1.4 and MyTraffic 5.4 please?  I plan go to v 3.1 in few months....  So for time being I would like to test it in my 1.4 version...

What does "Preserve Airport Traffic" mean? 

I thought it meant only load AI at the Dep/Arr Airports that are put into the fields, however last night on approach to MIA from YYZ I was overflying FLL and saw AI at the Gates.

Cheers !

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I think it means when it optimizes by deleting overall number of ai aircraft, it will not delete from the Dep/Arr airports.

there still may be aircraft at other nearby airports. When you set it to say 50 aircraft it will delete all active ai aircraft down to 50 but if say 10 of those 50 are at FLL then they will show obviously.

It doesn't delete all ai aircraft except those going back and forth between your DEP/ARR airports. I think its a radius.

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png