Sign in to follow this  
dukeav

Traffic Optimizer for P3D

I'm having an issue with crashing the sim with an api.dll error....

I am using the traffic optimizer over a network install and it connects and begins working fine.  I auto optimize and it picks up my flight plan from the shared directory over the network and populates the airports just fine.  It then deletes traffic and all works normally until I take off.  Shortly after take off the sim crashes just as traffic optimizer says on the screen that it's unable to find the plan in C:\Flight Simulator\Programs\Air Traffic Manager\*.PLN

It's looking for a .PLN file in that local directory that isn't there and it crashes the sim....it doesn't show a file name just a .PLN extension but all of my flight plans are on the network shared folder that is on my server computer.  I can't use the optimizer because of this as it crashes the sim.

Any suggestions?

Brandon

Howdy - great tool!

What is the purpose of the Aircraft Browser button/function?

Thank you,

Marc

Howdy - great tool!

What is the purpose of the Aircraft Browser button/function?

Thank you,

Marc

To see what aircraft you have flying in the sim alongside you.

I'm having too many ATM 1.9.1.3 crashes just after P3D 3.2 loads, what can I do to prevent this? I tried loading it within EXE.XML and FSUIPC, but either methods still crash it frequently. Thanks!

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

I'm having too many ATM 1.9.1.3 crashes just after P3D 3.2 loads, what can I do to prevent this? I tried loading it within EXE.XML and FSUIPC, but either methods still crash it frequently. Thanks!

Try loading it in FSUIPC but using the 'READY' keyword, so it doesn't try to do things whilst FS is furiously busy loading AI and meeting demands from all sorts of loading programs.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Try loading it in FSUIPC but using the 'READY' keyword, so it doesn't try to do things whilst FS is furiously busy loading AI and meeting demands from all sorts of loading programs.

Pete

Hey Pete,

can you provide me with the correct syntax and where to add it in the fsuipc engine ?

I am some kind of lost with this as i have the same issues with crashing.

Thanks for your help !

Carsten

Carsten U

Hey Pete,

can you provide me with the correct syntax and where to add it in the fsuipc engine ?

I am some kind of lost with this as i have the same issues with crashing.

Thanks for your help !

Carsten

Please see the FSUIPC Advanced Users Guide, page 46.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

I migrated to UT2 yesterday, or better to say installed it again after two years of using MT6 and I think I made the right choice! 10% better fps and the models look much much better!
Now, UT2 has that service.exe thingy that controls spawning of AI planes, so I'm lost now should I use Air Traffic Manager? ATM works great with MT6, at least 15% better fps with it! UT2 + ATM didn't gave me much better fps, maybe 5% at most, but I'm interested will ATM have any impact when using UT2?

Cheers!

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I migrated to UT2 yesterday, or better to say installed it again after two years of using MT6 and I think I made the right choice! 10% better fps and the models look much much better!

Now, UT2 has that service.exe thingy that controls spawning of AI planes, so I'm lost now should I use Air Traffic Manager? ATM works great with MT6, at least 15% better fps with it! UT2 + ATM didn't gave me much better fps, maybe 5% at most, but I'm interested will ATM have any impact when using UT2?

Cheers!

Didn't do a great test but seem to be seeing about the same results not much different - thinking because UT2 runs outside of sim it may not be a big benefit with this program so I dont think you are the only one - take note this was long time ago so not sure now with these newer builds of P3D  

Rich Sennett

Didn't do a great test but seem to be seeing about the same results not much different - thinking because UT2 runs outside of sim it may not be a big benefit with this program so I dont think you are the only one - take note this was long time ago so not sure now with these newer builds of P3D  

So I guess UT2Services.exe is doing its job. Somehow I'm glad to hear that. :)

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

So I guess UT2Services.exe is doing its job. Somehow I'm glad to hear that. :)

Exactly but not all is great in tinsel town - I am experiencing some stutters with UT2 - shut it off they are gone - have to revisit with lower ai % - wish they would re-visit this program and optimize it for P3D - would be great for a developer to create quality looking ai that works well - one can hope 

Rich Sennett

Exactly but not all is great in tinsel town - I am experiencing some stutters with UT2 - shut it off they are gone - have to revisit with lower ai % - wish they would re-visit this program and optimize it for P3D - would be great for a developer to create quality looking ai that works well - one can hope

Maybe we can crowdsource it like with RSP, Rich. "If you build it, we will come!"

BasementFlyGuy

GA home cockpit running X-Plane 11 (and sometimes P3D)

Blog: www.ontheglideslope.net

YouTube: OnTheGlideslope Channel

Facebook: On The Glideslope

Maybe we can crowdsource it like with RSP, Rich. "If you build it, we will come!"

Wish I knew how - beyond me thats for sure :(

Rich Sennett

Flag Mountain Software actually came out of hiding and made some kind of stand alone ATC thing so maybe they will start back with UT2 now.  

Flag Mountain Software actually came out of hiding and made some kind of stand alone ATC thing so maybe they will start back with UT2 now.  

Well that would be great - many would pay for their efforts - thanks 

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett