Sign in to follow this  
dukeav

Traffic Optimizer for P3D

34 pages about getting this unsupported program working and yet folks seem unaware of Super Flight Board which aside from displaying your departing and arriving Ai also can dynamically reduce your Ai levels as well as enforcing traffic arrival distances.

Well worth a look if you have a networked PC to run it on.

I use STB and it is a great program. Unfortunately, it only can do two things with regard to AI traffic levels. It can dynamically change the percentages (in a manner just like the P3d UI). It can delete specific aircraft by location. However, it cannot optimize the number of AI aircraft in the user's reality bubble. I've suggested this capability to the developer, but my guess is that it would require a major code rewrite to accomplish.

Hmm. Takes me 15-30 minutes too. but I don't see an inordinate build-up of traffic. Certainly not at EGCC, my home airport. Can be 3 or more queuing at the runway hold at EGLL.

With UT2 AI @ 100%, I can see queues of up to 7 or 8 planes at Heathrow/Gatwick/Manchester at the start of the day. Mind you, I have made extensive modifications to the UK airline schedules over the past several years, so a lot more AI planes appear than is the case with the default (or updated) Flight1 schedules. I have seen 140 AI planes at Heathrow, and up to 100 at Gatwick prior to the early morning departures. However, I do not use Traffic Optimizer.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

A good place to test out any AI traffic utility is KPIT. It has 3 parallel 10/28 runways, a 14/32 runway and lots of gates.

If you go there immediately, you can catch a line of thunderstorms just to the west.

I'm using MyTraffic 6 ... at Prague when I dialed AI back from 90% to 70% I still had traffic jams and 12 aircraft in line ... only two runways and smaller airport than Heathrow.

See 11:40 min and 15:25 min marks

MT6 at 30% at Heathrow and it's at least 1-2 hours wait ... I'm using the updated default 2015 schedule (v6.0b I think).

Super Flight Board which aside from displaying your departing and arriving Ai also can dynamically reduce your Ai levels as well as enforcing traffic arrival distances.

Thank you, wasn't aware of Super Flight Board, will take a look at it.

Cheers, Rob.

MT6 at 30% at Heathrow and it's at least 1-2 hours wait

Do you mean at least one hour waiting in the queue for departure? :blink: MyTraffic (and most other AI traffic software) works differently to UT2. The latter is a one-to-one ratio (with the installed schedules) @ 100%, but MyTraffic and others (from what I have been told) inject several times more traffic than normal at that level. Still, I am surprised that it is that bad @ 30% :huh:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Still, I am surprised that it is that bad @ 30% :huh:

And it isn't so bad here with UT2 running default options PLUS MT6 at 40%  To my eyes it looks pretty realistic at Heathrow (and airport I use quite a lot in real life too) for the sorts of times I tend to fly. I know there's a big rush on early mornings and evenings, but my flights are middle of the day.

I think another factor is the way UT2 spawns its schedules traffic at gates a good time before they are due to depart. The gates occupied by UT2 then don't get occupied by MT6 traffic which departs more speedily. No doubt if I took an hour or more to prepare at the gate, I'd face big queues too.

In fact this did happen once when I had some problems I needed to fix at the gate first. I seem to remember I told ATC I wanted to use the other runway, the one normally used for landings, instead and then managed to do without the take-off queue at the hold. Just had to wait for a couple of landings.

Manchester, another airport I use a lot in real life too, is easier. I have had to close 05R/23L to AI altogether because there's no taxiway at the 05R threshold end so if AI use 05R for takeoff or 23L for landing they then have to taxi along half of the run way.  This closure actually does simulate real life at the times I fly too, because 05R/23L is only used in the two rush periods per day. It leaves it free for a quick takeoff for me, once I can get across 05L/23R! ;-)

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

It's Super Traffic Board:

http://www.supertrafficboard.com

It also allows multiple views of AI aircraft (a unique P3d V3 feature), monitoring of AI aircraft ATC chatter and much more. Excellent tech support too.

Manchester, another airport I use a lot in real life too, is easier. I have had to close 05R/23L to AI altogether because there's no taxiway at the 05R threshold end so if AI use 05R for takeoff or 23L for landing they then have to taxi along half of the run way.  This closure actually does simulate real life at the times I fly too, because 05R/23L is only used in the two rush periods per day. It leaves it free for a quick takeoff for me, once I can get across 05L/23R! ;-)

I assume that you use UK2000 Manchester Xtreme, Pete? There is an alternative AFD file for Manchester that uses 23L for take offs, and 05R for landings (assuming that the wind is in the correct direction, which it always is for me). I use this one all the time. The only "problem" with this version of the AFD file is that aircraft taxiing out for departures from 23L cross the main runway irrespective of whether aircraft are landing or not on 5R! This is because of the plumbing system used to enable the AI planes to operate as smoothly as possible (without "confrontations")

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

It's Super Traffic Board:

Thanks for link Jay.

Cheers, Rob.

34 pages about getting this unsupported program working and yet folks seem unaware of Super Flight Board which aside from displaying your departing and arriving Ai also can dynamically reduce your Ai levels as well as enforcing traffic arrival distances.

It's a good program overall except there are quite a few options to set up and I don't like the fact that it is running its own server exe on  FS machine.

Dirk.

I have had to close 05R/23L to AI altogether 05R/23L is only used in the two rush periods per day. It leaves it free for a quick takeoff for me, once I can get across 05L/23R! ;-)because there's no taxiway at the 05R threshold end so if AI use 05R for takeoff or 23L for landing they then have to taxi along half of the run way.  This closure actually does simulate real life at the times I fly 

Which program did you use to close runways? Or did you mean in PRO-ATCX settings?

Thanks,

Dirk.

I assume that you use UK2000 Manchester Xtreme, Pete? There is an alternative AFD file for Manchester that uses 23L for take offs, and 05R for landings (assuming that the wind is in the correct direction, which it always is for me). I use this one all the time.

Yes, that's the EGCC scenery I use. But not that AFD, because I find 50%:50% the winds are the other way, and I don't like having to change AFDs!). You've been really lucky (or is it deliberate selection!) to only ever get Westerly/South Westerly winds!

I use Airport Design Editor from Scruffy Duck to close 23L/05R both ends for AI takeoff and landing.

My biggest problem aiport is Madrid (LEMD), where the southern runways should only be used for takeoffs with a Southerly wind, and vice versa, and the Northely runways only for takeoffs with a Northerly wind. There's no easy way to configure that except by having two AFDs and swapping them round!

I do wish L-M and/or DoveTail would fix the bug which stops us closing a runway for AI TO or Landing at one end without having to close both ends!

Which program did you use to close runways? Or did you mean in PRO-ATCX settings?

Not Pro-ATC/X, as that would remove my choice too. No, only AI, via Scruffy Duck's "Airport Design Editor", the heir apparent for the original AFCAD program.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Yes, that's the EGCC scenery I use. But not that AFCAN, because in fact 50:50 the winds are the other way, and I don't like having to change AFDs!). you been really lucky (or is it deliberate selection!) to only ever get Westerly/South Westerly wind!

I select the wind direction that I want, so it's easy for me :smile: However, I fully understand that you want a version that works both ways. What I would suggest is to make sure that runway 23L is CLOSED for landings at all times, as that makes little sense.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hello...

Been using Optimizer for a while, without problems..

Can someone help me to get get it work at my new remote computer.

I already use Traffic Board , V pilot and Pro ATC at my remote - So think my simconnect work.

I downloaded Traffic Optimizer at my remote and starts it from my Desktop - Then I see the program starts up- but then just blinking.

Can I have forgot something ?

Chris from Denmark

Traffic Optimizer uses FSUIPC, so to use it on a remote computer, you have to have WideFS running on the client to provide the network linkage to FSUIPC on the sim (which has to have the WideFS server enabled as well).

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Right now Im using PRO ATC and V-pilot on my client - they are connected over simconnect.

Is it correct just install Wide FS in a random folder on my remote - And start Traffic optimizer from the application, then it will find it owns way to prepar 3d - where FS Wide is installed to MODULES ?

Is it correct, that I dont have to write anything to any folders, that I use Traffic optimizer.

Just start Wide FS -EXE, and after Traffic Optimizer ?????