Sign in to follow this  
dukeav

Traffic Optimizer for P3D

Wow, I'm so late to discover this tool. It seems like what I've been looking for. I am using MT6 for Ai, and i have it set in P3D for 15-20% commercial and 0-5% GA and ground traffic minimum-low.

Any higher than that I find the AI traffic is too much. Even at those levels I'm getting very high VAS usage even when started up and parked at the gate in my PMDG 777. About 600-700MB VAS left in the beginning! I usally end up with OOM and crash when nearing approach. So hopefully this tool will free up some VAS and increase some fps for me. IFR flying is so demanding. I really hope to see P3D 64bit version very soon.

Anyways, I want to say thank you for the author of this program. I've just spend the past hour or more reading all 35 pages of this thread and haven't seen him/her come back in awhile. I hope you're doing okay wherever you are. :) This has been a great contribution on your part for us simmers and I want to personally thank you to show my appreciation.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

The author doesn't visit here much anymore, but I just had a PM from him yesterday. He has a blog, which is referenced somewhere in this unwieldy thread. He continues to update the app, but it doesn't need too much refinement at this point. One item that no longer works is the radar page, because Mapquest  changed its free access policy for streaming of Open Street Map tiles.

Okay just downloaded and ran this for the 1st time, doesn't seem to be working correctly. I'm sitting at the gate at KIAH and checked Auto Optimize, waited 30 seconds to see any changes. But this is what it shows in the log:

> Connection request sent ...
> Connected to Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v3 - 3.3.3.3
> Connected to SimConnect - 3.3.0.0
> Data request sent ...
> Optimize starting ...
> Deleted - 0
> Deleted boats - 0
> Data request sent ...
> Optimize starting ...
> Deleted - 0
> Deleted boats - 0
> Data request sent ...
> Deleted - 0
> Deleted boats - 0
> Optimize starting ...
> Deleted - 0
> Deleted boats - 0
> Data request sent ...

I have checked to see what version of simconnect I have in my C:\Windows\WinSxS folder and I have:

Microsoft Flight Simulator SimConnect Client v10.0.61242.0

Microsoft ESP SimConnect Client v1.0.20.0

Microsoft Flight Simulator SimConnect Client v10.0.60905.0

Microsoft Flight Simulator SimConnect Client v10.0.61259.0

I only have P3D 3.3.5 installed. No FSX or anything. But reading this entire thread, I see some people having different versions of SimConnect that I don't have. Could this be the problem? I have a feeling for those of have FSX installed that they will get those other versions of simconnect that I don't have. If so, how can I acquire those versions as well?

Seems like I don't have the following simconnect versions which comes from an FSX install:

ESP version 1.0.195.0

FSX version 10.0.61355.0 (SP1)

FSX version 10.0.61637.0 (SP2/Acceleration)

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

For those who have this program working in P3D v3.3.5, could you please tell me exactly what version of simconnect do you have installed?

I've been trying to figure out where I can download all the missing simconnect versions that I don't have, and some of it requires I download FSX SDK, which the link is no longer available. I don't know what happened to my original FSX discs :(

Sigh, what a PITA!

For those who have this program working in P3D v3.3.5, could you please tell me exactly what version of simconnect do you have installed?

I've been trying to figure out where I can download all the missing simconnect versions that I don't have, and some of it requires I download FSX SDK, which the link is no longer available. I don't know what happened to my original FSX discs :sad:

Sigh, what a PITA!

I installed all simconnect versions under p3d/redist and it works.

sweisma could you go to your control panel/uninstall programs and tell me exactly all the simconnect you have along with their versions if you have a chance.

sweisma could you go to your control panel/uninstall programs and tell me exactly all the simconnect you have along with their versions if you have a chance.

Hi Captain420,

Here is a screenshot with the simconnect installed on my computer. Since I have installed the 2 oldest one, the software is working well. Hope it will help.

376150SimConnectScreenS.jpg

kirdec

Sure, when I am home in the evening. Which will be in about 3 hours.

Strange, not sure why mine isn't deleting. I did notice it did delete 2 before, but that was the only time, I have it running now and it's been showing that it hasn't been deleting any flights at all.

The author doesn't visit here much anymore, but I just had a PM from him yesterday. He has a blog, which is referenced somewhere in this unwieldy thread. He continues to update the app, but it doesn't need too much refinement at this point. One item that no longer works is the radar page, because Mapquest  changed its free access policy for streaming of Open Street Map tiles.

Do you know the blog URL?

As for me, I use only Air Traffic set to 1%, and within Traffic Optimizer I allow only 15 aircraft. It's a bit low, yes, but I always see the planes around (specially at airports) and together with other adjustments I've never had another OOM issue using the T7 of PMDG.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

Is this utility working well in P3Dv3.4.9, with MyTraffic 6 Professional installed.

Also, does one need to start this every time the sim is started or does it auto start? I don't see a guide in the downloaded package.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Is this utility working well in P3Dv3.4.9, with MyTraffic 6 Professional installed.

Also, does one need to start this every time the sim is started or does it auto start? I don't see a guide in the downloaded package.

It does not but I think somewhere this directions on creating a bat file - not sure how to do that

Rich Sennett

I'm using it in FSX. As it requires a plan to be present in FSX/P3D you're best loading it once you have a plan loaded.

There is an option in FSUIPC to present a 'load plan' option in the Addons / Extras menu option in FSX/P3D. You could load a plan there and then start TO manually and it will pick it up automatically.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

You can use FSUIPC.

Go into Modules, where you fsuipc.dll is located.

Open Fsuipc4.ini, scroll down and write following:

[Programs]

Run1=Kill,Your Path\AirTrafficManagerFSX-P3D Radar\AirTrafficManager.exe