Sign in to follow this  
dukeav

Traffic Optimizer for P3D

Strange, it fixed mine and I was able to open the program for the first time in some weeks.

Just a quick question. There is no traffic seperation included right?  I look for a program like AI Smooth in FSX to avoid 4 or 5 aircrafts flying on the ILS at the same time with me

For traffic separation you need AI Controller 2.0. Super Traffic Board also does separation.

Not sure if this post is redundant but I want to join the ranks of people praising this tool.

I loaded up my flight at Flightbeam's KIAD with nearly every gate occupied by AI Traffic, only a few gates were empty. I had 20 FPS initially which I was already thankful for. After pressing auto-optimize within the tool my FPS went up to 26 to 28 with that very dense airport traffic still there. Never thought that was even possible.

• Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I use ATM set to 20 aircraft and I wonder if having P3D AI Traffic set to 100% harms VAS and frame rate, because it's not instantaneous. One of these days I set it at 100% and as I arrived in KTPA I could see that massive white spot in the ND (TCAS) in the airport area, so just to be safe I returned the settings to 1%.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

100% should have some negative impact on available VAS, since using a tool like the TO doesn't completely recover all the originally allocated VAS when it deletes an AI aircraft flight. Further, adding more AI and then deleting them, fragments the VAS leaving a larger number of smaller contiguous free blocks.

Be aware that not all traffic optimisation tools affect VAS since the sim Ai routines can dispose of the traffic without that behaviour.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

It wouldn't work for me either after a fresh install of P3D. I installed simconnect 10.0.61242.0 for FSPassengers and, voila! Works fine now.

With a fresh install of P3D and the intention of installing cross platform addons (P3D and FSX) and no previous install of FSX+A, then the three FSX SimConnects from the redist folder should be installed. Don't wait to hopefully install an addon that in turn happens to install some version of SimConnect.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\redist\Interface\FSX-RTM\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi

C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\redist\Interface\FSX-SP1\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi

C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi

Double-click those. Since these are installed by FSX+A there is a lot of confusion between P3D users as to why some systems seems to work and some don't - because a fresh PC doesn't have a previous install of FSX.

...Same goes for FSX:SE - on a fresh PC, no previous install of FSX, after installing FSX:SE install:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-RTM\SimConnect.msi

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-SP1\SimConnect.msi

I downloaded this new AI traffic manager but it is still a go-around happening. Am I missing something? I tried to upload a picture but I could not figure how on here. 

photo.php?fbid=10155684396697571&set=o.7

Hello Eveyone. I have stumbled upon this awesome utiility. Can I have some help though. I download the file from metafile. And then I unzip it and click the application program, but nothing happened. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Is there a specific location it needs go in, etc. 

I am running:

Win10

P3d V3

FSUIPC (registered)

Simmconnects installed as well. 

Thanks in advanced. 

Mike Allen