Sign in to follow this  
Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Please help me chop down millions of trees!

"Project Pure Scenery" just released a free addon to enhance european trees. The intention may be the best, but this addon has caused some serious problems for me. Once installed I took off from ENKJ and noticed right away that my average framerate had dropped from about 20fps to about 10! And the trees didn't blend in very well either, the cardboard-cross style was very visible, so this definately is nothing for me!Unfortunately there's no uninstall available, and the installer spreads files all over the place. I tried to install to a fake directory to see what I need to restore, and I don't even know if I have backups of all those files.Lesson learned: Don't install anything that hasn't an uninstaller!!!I'm going out in the sun now, to enjoy the wonderful norwegian spring (real Norwegian Wood). Meanwhile hopefully someone from "Project Pure Scenerey" or anyone else may come up with some good advice on what to do without having to reinstall the entire sim (and I don't know how many addons and tweaks) ...Eagle

Guest GCBarni

The "readme" file claims that the file is "donate ware", and you must get a registration number from them via email. Have you done that? And have you written to them about your problem?

Hello,When I see an addon with an installer I ALWAYS install in a temporary folder (never in FS9 folder)and afterwards I install manually the generated files IF the addon is NOT replacing too many files all over the FS9 folder ....That is the result of a learned lesson!!!Hope it helps some one.

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Guest Grey_Wolf

Its installers like this that convince me to never use them. This was a piece of donationware turned in to a piece of junk from a shoddy installer. Any way to the point. run the installer again.. install it in to an empty folder NOT to fs. The files it installed in the mpty folder are in your fs2004 instaliation disks.. go extract the files you need. Project Pure Scenery folks, if your reading this. Give up on the installer unless you can undo what you did to some ones FS. before the argurment begins no I'm not against installers. I'm against bad installers. Its much better to sick to the standard and use a zip file. which can also be password protected for you "need registered" designers.

Hey, Project Pure Scenery, I rarely lose my temper, but this ####### me off!I started replacing the files, but this is too much. Now please find the default files, zip them in the right structure and send them to me ASAP, you have f***** up a sim that took me hours to fine-tune!Eagle

Guest pps

An uninstaller was uploaded to avsim.com, just takes a little to show up for download. Regards,Project Pure Scenery

Thank's for quick action :). It's not there yet (filename please). Going to bed now, but I'll try again tomorrow. Hope it works!Good night!Eagle

>Thank's for quick action :). It's not there yet (filename>please). Going to bed now, but I'll try again tomorrow. Hope>it works!>>Good night!>EagleIt is ppsaeun.zipavailable here but I have not tried it yet am downloading it nowOK just used it it works fine even though there is a wait for scenery list update when first restarting the sim, it does not change anything else in the FS9 except returning the original autogen trees....allen

Phew, big relief seing those files get back in place in one go. Thanks!Eagle

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Same here Emile!As simple as renaming FS2004 folder like FS2004_OK and placing into same partition a template folder called FS2004 with some necessary files and subfolders inside. After that, YEZZZZZZ, you can safely Auto-Install everything you like without any sort of problem; and UNINSTALL :-coolFor this purpose i have a stored template FS2004 folder that i copy/paste when neededcheersLuigi ;-)