Sign in to follow this  
Guest lemonadedrinker

ga traffic

Guest slydon

I searched but can't find this program. What is the proper name?Don

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi. I downloaded this and hoped it would be like Tom Gibsons packages for A.I propliners, but it isn't and the options boxes have me very confused! E.g-1.Do you have to generate airport to airport flight plans?2.Some planes it won't load into it's database- the Aero commanders for example, but it does load the DC-3!3.Without converting the regular planes into A.I ones frame rate goes down and down and yet even with one converted the rate stayed low.4.It seems a great program but it needs more advice to get you started properly.5. Lost soul.

Guest lemonadedrinker

It is fascinating to see your own planes floating about but the program is giving me grief to load up and change my planes into AI planes. It loads the textures on some of them then says it is looking in the C: drive for the dd's. Then it stops. Over a period of about 3 weeks I may get all the planes to low polygon stuff and hopefully that will be ok.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/111515.jpg

Guest lemonadedrinker

Had to abandon that after crashes to desktop and the AI planes having the same size as the normal ones; I realise that some things are best left to those who understand them!!Shame really.

Sorry to hear that, but it really doesn't change much when you "make it into an AI aircraft" best to just use the ones made for AI. What I do is get all the aircraft I want to use as AI, install them, then remove all the ones I don't want or that I shouldn't have because of high poly counts, etc. Start the program, check to make suire they are all being used for AI and then compile the BGL, then add my other aircaft back in and fly.Give it another shot and just remember to remove any aircraft that you don't want as it takes forever to do it my hand in the program.Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest lemonadedrinker

Thanks for that. I will try again with specific AI aircraft.Are you saying you take all the planes you don't want to use as AI and put them in a new folder temporarily while you create the AI part of it with the AI planes only in the FS9 'aircraft' folder? If you are that seems sensible as then it only has to deal with the ones you give it!Thanks again, Andy.