Sign in to follow this  
Dazzlercee23

P3D not responding to second monitor touch screen

I have had this problem since migrating from FSX to P3D.

I use a second monitor (touch screen) to display the FMC, GPS etc. However, in Prepar3d, the touch inputs have never been recognised and I have to revert to normal mouse clicks which defeats the point.

The touch screen works fine with other software such as Plan G, Aivlasoft EFB, just not with anything native to the simulator.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Daz

I have 4 monitors.  3 for display via NVidia surround, and a touchscreen I use for FMS/GPS, etc.  Mine works fine with P3D in Windows 8.1.  My touchscreen monitor is not powered by my primary video card(s), it is connected via the Intel CPU's video out.  I don't know if that makes a difference.

Is it only P3D panels, or can you not get touch recognition windows like IE either while in P3D?

I have 4 monitors.  3 for display via NVidia surround, and a touchscreen I use for FMS/GPS, etc.  Mine works fine with P3D in Windows 8.1.  My touchscreen monitor is not powered by my primary video card(s), it is connected via the Intel CPU's video out.  I don't know if that makes a difference.

Is it only P3D panels, or can you not get touch recognition windows like IE either while in P3D?

Everything outside of P3D works fine with regards to touch screen even when P3D is running.  It is only P3D native panels that do not respond.

I will try running my second monitor from the Intel onboard output to see if that helps.

If I remember correctly, making the touch screen the primary and running P3D on it is not a problem and the touch works.

Would P3D run on the secondary monitor allowing me to drag FMC etc to the primary?

My touchscreen is secondary.  I do keep my taskbar locked on my touchscreen, it is running of my Intel CPU instead of my NVidia cards, and also I have "Display Fusion" installed for it's multi-monitor features.

So if you needed it to be secondary, it should be possible in some configuration.  I have mine setup that way since driver upgrades with NVidia, or major setting changes in Nvidia control panel would usually renumber the monitors when all 4 were on my 780 TIs.  That would then cause windows to think touches on my touchscreen were actually on another monitor and I'd have to go into tablet settings in Win8.1 and reconfigure again.  Separating my touchscreen from my NVidia card seems to have stopped that issue. 

Now what I haven't found is a good 4 monitor stand.

My touch screen is still monitor number 2 as per the nvidia control panel, but is set as the primary monitor (shows asterisk in nvidia control panel).

I have been using a touchscreen for almost a year as an overhead panel with FSX  so that I could emulate the gestures without using the mouse.

Sadly since upgrading to P3D all the knobs only turn anti-clockwise (equivalent to mouse left click) but no longer operate clockwise ( equivalent to mouse right click)

I really cannot see what the problem is but both PMDG and LM claim it’s got nothing to do with them, kind of blaming each other.

The touch gesture software operates through Windows and it’s fine in any other program, including FSX, giving a tremendous sense of reality an immersion.

It’s such a shame that nobody has come out with an answer yet !

I posted this many times in the last 14 months.

That is a shame, as I was thinking about getting a couple of touchscreens for various uses...overhead panel, fms etc.. If I'm not mistaken, you are saying that as of 3.3.5 , touchscreens (at least yours) are still not working properly. That would definitely cause me to wait..... What model of monitors are you trying to use?