Sign in to follow this  
math341c

Your computer has run out of available memory (KJFK) Approach.

Have you tried to increase your virtual memory to one higher than the recommended.  This will help on the OOM's

James (jaydor)

"Let me X-Plane where I fly in 2020"

Have you tried to increase your virtual memory to one higher than the recommended.  This will help on the OOM's

How?

What?  Are you thinking about swap memory within Windows?

As for 50-60 FPS everywhere, i wish you all the best with that.  Unless you are looking at running stock FSX with no traffic i think that you can forget about that.  

I have an overclocked 4770K (running at 4.1) and a 7970 Ghz edition using the PMDG 777 at UK2000 Heathrow V3 i get a little short of 60 FPS, around 53 FPS less.  I do run 5760x1080 even a lower resolution wouldn't increase it too 60 FPS.

Ian R Tyldesley

???

Bert

The paging file has nothing to do with Virtual Address Space (VAS).

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

The page file has nothing to do with OOMs and, in any case, Windows manages the page file as required:

By default, Windows creates a single page file and manages its size. The Currently Allocated number near the bottom of the dialog box shows how large the file is. If conditions on your system change (say you run an unusually large assortment of memory-intensive applications), Windows might increase or even decrease the size of the page file. All this happens without you’re knowing as long as you leave the Automatically Manage Paging File Size For All Drives option selected.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ff382717.aspx

Im confused  now, after the latest posts, so it is possible to fix oom or not?

Well (unfortunately) the answer is both yes and no.

Yes

• Remove unwanted scenery (use either FSX own scenery library or Scenery config editor http://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/)
  • Reduce details and especially LOD range.
  • Reduce or turn off traffic
  • Reduce or turn off real world weather (especially if you have REX / 4096 clouds).

No

• Increase system memory beyond 4Gb (even on a 64-bit system), additional system memory might help with task swapping etc...
  • Anything to do with Windows Swap / Virtual memory (unless you have less than 4Gb or close to 4Gb)
  • Increasing graphics card memory
  • Magic bean fixes, like that OOM reducer scam or the 32-64 bit scam.
  • Upgrading CPU / GFX card.
  • Any other magic fixes.

That list may not be exhaustive.  Long term fix would be a 64-bit simulator, currently that would be X-Plane or for military stuff DCS

Ian R Tyldesley

Im confused  now, after the latest posts, so it is possible to fix oom or not?

This is currently about the best explanation of this problem - http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a108/vas-management-stopping-out-of-memory-oom-errors.aspx. The explanation by Ian above is very accurate too.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I do not know what is happening :( So i got some spare time now to play fsx. And i wanted to fly the route i love. EKCH-OMDB. I have Flytampa Dubai. And i had never any problems there. I could land with 100% traffic without oom. And now i went to approach, and boom i got the oom. What is happening with my game, the gamer never did work like this before :(? Could it be some settings DD New York Airports, changed?

Unfortunately, many who upgraded their computer systems to the latest and greatest think they can now max out settings. Crank everything up to the max. Yes, FSX will run but it will use an extraordinary amount of VAS. So, you cannot crank up your settings. It's best to run FSX with modest settings, and no tweaks as a newer system will at least give you smoother flights.

What is happening with my game, the gamer never did work like this before ? Could it be some settings DD New York Airports, changed?

Not sure what you mean by this. Perhaps you are typing faster than your thoughts? Only you can change the settings of your airports unless you have FSDT airport (JFKV2) and they have configuration settings that might work for that airport under the Addon Manager menu.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Unfortunately, many who upgraded their computer systems to the latest and greatest think they can now max out settings. Crank everything up to the max. Yes, FSX will run but it will use an extraordinary amount of VAS. So, you cannot crank up your settings. It's best to run FSX with modest settings, and no tweaks as a newer system will at least give you smoother flights.

Not sure what you mean by this. Perhaps you are typing faster than your thoughts? Only you can change the settings of your airports unless you have FSDT airport (JFKV2) and they have configuration settings that might work for that airport under the Addon Manager menu.

Best regards,

Sorry, but i have not touched the fsx settings since i tweaked it with Bojote´s tweaking tool, 6 months ago. And  the sliders was pretty to the right, and i got never error in OMDB, never. I could land with 100% ai, and no oom. And now i have traffic 76 % and it´s oom in OMDB on final approach. And Microsoft are retards? Why did they allowed to set the settings so high, when the game is oom?

Microsoft are retards?

I am not sure if English is your native language, but that is a rather inappropriate thing to say.

Why did they allowed to set the settings so high, when the game is oom?

Generally you could run stock FSX (i.e. FSX with no additions) at maximum settings with no OOMs.  OOMs become an issue once you start adding airports, scenery and of course complex aircraft.  Put very basically, the PMDG 777 takes around 700Mb, UK2000v3 EGLL can take another 700Mb, that's 1.4Gb out of 4Gb on those two addons but most people have far more than two addons running.

Ian R Tyldesley

Sorry, but i have not touched the fsx settings since i tweaked it with Bojote´s tweaking tool, 6 months ago.

This is your problem and I thought I told you this. You think the Bojote's tweaking tool is pretty cool huh? It's not. It causes many problems. That's why I told you to rebuild your fsx.cfg and get rid of this nasty tweaks that the tweaking tool throws into your fsx.cfg. You do not need the tweaks unless you have a system prior to Sandy Bridge chipset. There are no tweaks out there that will give you the aw gee wiz performance that I think you are demanding. If you have a high powered system, then just set two tweaks in your FSX.cfg - LOD_Radius 6.5 instead of 4.5 and Texture_Max_Load 2048 instead of 1024 (bet yours is already set to 4096). I mean, you can keep going and going and talking about your problems with FSX but, if you do not listen to the suggested fixes, then there is nothing anyone here can do for you.

BTW, traffic at 76% is useless if you are using a program like MyTrafficX. If you look at the My Traffic X Operations Manual, page 23, you will see that the developer recommends a setting around 25-30%. Nothing higher than 40% and anything higher than 40% is intended for virtual spotting.

Submit News to AVSIM