Sign in to follow this  
math341c

Your computer has run out of available memory (KJFK) Approach.

This is your problem and I thought I told you this. You think the Bojote's tweaking tool is pretty cool huh? It's not. It causes many problems. That's why I told you to rebuild your fsx.cfg and get rid of this nasty tweaks that the tweaking tool throws into your fsx.cfg. You do not need the tweaks unless you have a system prior to Sandy Bridge chipset. There are no tweaks out there that will give you the aw gee wiz performance that I think you are demanding. If you have a high powered system, then just set two tweaks in your FSX.cfg - LOD_Radius 6.5 instead of 4.5 and Texture_Max_Load 2048 instead of 1024 (bet yours is already set to 4096). I mean, you can keep going and going and talking about your problems with FSX but, if you do not listen to the suggested fixes, then there is nothing anyone here can do for you.

BTW, traffic at 76% is useless if you are using a program like MyTrafficX. If you look at the My Traffic X Operations Manual, page 23, you will see that the developer recommends a setting around 25-30%. Nothing higher than 40% and anything higher than 40% is intended for virtual spotting.

Thanks for still helping me:) But my cpu is a 2700k and ends with sandy bridge in system information.

You do not need Bojote's tweaks with an i7 2700K. See the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide for the best settings. There is no fix to stop your computer from running out of memory. With lower settings you can run FSX for a couple of hours but after that you will begin to see the effects of running low on memory until all of the memory is gone.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

You do not need Bojote's tweaks with an i7 2700K. See the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide for the best settings. There is no fix to stop your computer from running out of memory. With lower settings you can run FSX for a couple of hours but after that you will begin to see the effects of running low on memory until all of the memory is gone.

Best regards,

Thank you very much. Now i definitely see i have not tweaked my fsx. And why the oom is happenong. Both lens settings and much other things are enabled, that's why the game laggs sooo much. And aka DD it has changed the LOD settings in installation. But that buffer tools i think it's called, can i set it to 0, when i have an AMD 7970 with 3GB?

Thanks.

Best regards Math.

buffer tools i think it's called, can i set it to 0, when i have an AMD 7970 with 3GB?

I don't use tweaks so cannot advise on the BufferPool tweak. The FSX Configuration Guide located to the right of this forum under Hot Spots provides some guidance. Of course there are those who love this tweak to death and will give you their advice. I do not use tweaks as I have a very powerful system (i7 4770K w/780GTX video card).

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

But that buffer tools i think it's called, can i set it to 0, when i have an AMD 7970 with 3GB?

I run an ATI card as well, you can play with the bufferpools setting..BUT.. i have had major spike issues unless this is set at 0, you do generally require a good fixed FPS to run at 0.  

My system is actually similar to Jims above, i also have a 4770K overclocked to 4.1 but with a R295x2 card, really the system isn't that important for FSX, for example, i could run FSX in my graphics memory alone, you get no benefit from SLI / Crossfire

ATI cards are generally not as good in FSX due to driver differences, normally this manifests itself within clouds and overcast weather.

Ian R Tyldesley

@WotanUK - well stated!

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Thanks to you both guys. I will try the buffertools to 0 and see what happens. @firehawk44 you said you self, that the tweaks are not about hardware, but not getting oom in my example. You saying you don't need tweaks? Is that because you don't own any high quality sceneries, and can run everything on max?

You saying you don't need tweaks? Is that because you don't own any high quality sceneries, and can run everything on max?

I use MegaScenery Earth V2.0 exclusively. I own all of the photoscenery for the whole USA (but only enable the States in which I will fly). I own all of the FSDT airports and FlightBeam Airports and GSX. I own MyTrafficX, all of Orbx sceneries like the PNW Central Rockies, Jackson Hole, Orcas,Pacific Fjords, Portland, etc., PMDG 777 and 737NGX and the PMDG 747, almost all of the Carenardo aircraft, RAASPRO, REX Texture Direct, ActiveSkyNext, ProATC-X, the Duke B60V2, most of CaptainSim aircraft, most of FlyTampa airports, TropicalSim KDCA, Shade, Taxi2GateKSTL, LatinVFR San Diego, and most of ImagineSim airports, like KCLT.

With the PMDG777 going from FSDT KORD to Taxi2Gate KSTL with MSEV2 photoscenery and ASN, I get 40-60 fps in Wing View and Spot View and 20-30 fps in the PMDG777 VC. FPS have little bearing on the blurries so I have to make sure I don't put too much strain on the 780GTX video card so the textures will render faster. I see very little blurries.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

I use MegaScenery Earth V2.0 exclusively. I own all of the photoscenery for the whole USA (but only enable the States in which I will fly). I own all of the FSDT airports and FlightBeam Airports and GSX. I own MyTrafficX, all of Orbx sceneries like the PNW Central Rockies, Jackson Hole, Orcas,Pacific Fjords, Portland, etc., PMDG 777 and 737NGX and the PMDG 747, almost all of the Carenardo aircraft, RAASPRO, REX Texture Direct, ActiveSkyNext, ProATC-X, the Duke B60V2, most of CaptainSim aircraft, most of FlyTampa airports, TropicalSim KDCA, Shade, Taxi2GateKSTL, LatinVFR San Diego, and most of ImagineSim airports, like KCLT.

With the PMDG777 going from FSDT KORD to Taxi2Gate KSTL with MSEV2 photoscenery and ASN, I get 40-60 fps in Wing View and Spot View and 20-30 fps in the PMDG777 VC. FPS have little bearing on the blurries so I have to make sure I don't put too much strain on the 780GTX video card so the textures will render faster. I see very little blurries.

Best regards,

Ok thank you very much for help, i will complete the guide, and see what the result will be, thank you very much.

Yes it works finally, thanks firehawk thank you so much! After tweaking to recomended high end settings, everything works. I still hear the ding sound in background, when i am on final landing, but im am able to park the plane and deboard passengers with AES, and im running with 4096 textures, because GoldStar saying that´s is effective for his textures :D

But there is anyway to get more fps? Firehawk you cpu specs are almost the same as my, you cpu is just newer (4th generation). How much FPS you get in FlyTampa Dubai if you have it?

Successful  landing in Dubai :) Thanks to you guys ;)

2014_10_17_18_25_19_145.jpg

Glad you might have gotten things working again. There is little difference between 2048 and 4096 textures other than one takes up a ton of resources and the other does not. Both are HD.

If you want excellent fps, turn off Autogen and make sure your all of your sliders are not at max. I am constantly moving sliders up and down during flights just to see if I can find the best settings for that flight. What works for one flight does not necessarily mean it will work for subsequent flights.

When I first installed FSX, I ran it without addons. Just the default. Put fps slider to max and watched the fps shoot up to almost 200 fps. I installed GEX (which is an optimized version of the default textures) and tried again with the same settings. This time the fps shot up to over 300 fps! Then I started adding my addons, my photoscenery, my Orbx stuff, my FSDT stuff, etc., etc., and things went downhill fast. Sometimes I'll have flights when the fps in wingview are as almost 100 fps and other days when the same flight I can hardly get the fps up to 60 in wingview. What happened? I really don't know but it is possible there was more weather that previous days. Maybe more AI were in the air. I don't know but I stay flexible and try to enjoy the sim as much as possible. I wish there was a 'holy grail' setting(s) that provided everyone pure pleasure and fast frames and no blurries and no stuttering. But there is not. There are placebo's that give you the impression a tweak or setting is doing this or that but you are going to run into more problems, more issues, and less fun the more you tweak and mess around with high settings.

No, I do not own Dubai but glad you were able to successfully land!

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

I have Dubai and fly from Manchester (UK2000); Dubai is hard on frames, as Jim says, it's really a case of hoping for a clear day and turning down (seriously turning down, perhaps 15%) traffic and any autogen at the Airport.

To make you feel better, using the PMDG 777 and UK2000 EGLL in overcast skies i am lucky to see 9 FPS.

Ian R Tyldesley

Thanks guys really thanks. When i landed in Dubai, the game was average 25 fps. And i have not any problems setting buffertools to 0. The PMDG is also an awesome plane. Well i will tweak, and i need to live with that, fsx will slutter sometimes. 

Lets hope someone makes an unoffical service pack 3 for fsx, that fix all problems, and make it 64 bit :)

Have a good day, or what the simmers say: Have a good next flight :)

Thank you very much :)

Best regards

Math.

Lets hope someone makes an unoffical service pack 3 for fsx, that fix all problems, and make it 64 bit :)

And pigs might fly!

LOL! Agree with Gerry. That will never happen. The only hope will be P3D going 64 bit one day.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM