Sign in to follow this  
GFD150

ATC Voice Help

I noticied this afternoon while selecting a different pilot voice for my flight that some of the voices are not working. I still see the text just like they are talking but no voice. Later on i changed the time and found out the voice that wouldn't work now works and a different one doesn't work. I still see the text for the ones that don't work. This just started this afternoon. How can i fix this? 

What are the voice files on the cd named so that i can reinstall the voice files? Anyone have this thing happen before? Please help...

Check to see that your speakers are not set to 5.1 Surround Sound if they are only stereo speakers. If they are, the sound of the voice could be directed to a channel you don't have.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Is this with or without the use of FS Editvoicepack? If without try this!

1. Backup the FS Home\Sound\ATC folder.

2. Download and install FS EditvoicepackX from http://www.editvoicepack.com/ (Instructions are on the site). Make sure you use the 4.x version. Version 3.x is for FS2004.

If this works, you'll have the added benefit of the mods that creates a more  detailed ATC system.

If this still does not work you can try to restore the original ATC files from your DVD's. You can find how in the wiki page on the link provided.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

after not finding a fix i did a complete reinstall of everything flight sim related and i'm still having the issue and i wiped everything and did a complete reinstall. Took  me over 4 hours. This just started. Anyone know what would cause this?

This just started. Anyone know what would cause this?

When you removed FS9 did you also manually remove any and all FS9 files. Delete the entire Flight Simulator 9 folder? The files and folders that get installed out side of the root FS9 folder? 3rd party files and some modified files can be left behind when FS9 is removed. That may or may not be the cause of your problem, but it is best to be sure.

Find a music file of some sort and play it to discover if you have any drop outs or dead spots with it. That may help determine whether this is a computer wide problem or specific to FS9.

Find your FS9.cfg file and look for the section; [ATC], it should look something like mine except possibly the last entry.

[ATC]
AutoOpenAirTrafficWindow=1
UsePilotVoice=1
ShowATCText=1
PilotVoice=0

If you are running Windows XP, click on 'start' then 'run' then type in "dxdiag", when that opens click on the sound tab, under DirectX Features, make sure 'Hardware Sound Acceleration Level' is set to "basic" the click on 'Test DirectSound'. See what the result are.

If you are running W7, W8 or W8.1 you'll have to find dxdiag on your own. (sorry I'm not familiar with those)

Here is a list of potential causes;

FS9   (yeah, I stated the obvious!)

Sound card

Sound drivers

Sound system

Sound system (wiring / connections)

Let me / us know;

Your OS

What kind of sound card and driver you have.

What kind of sound system and its setup.

Whether you did a complete 'clean' removal of FS9

Whether you followed Toms advice and got EVP v3, installed it, ran it and the outcome.

Have you applied the FS9.1 update?

Regards,

I'm running windows 8.1

I did a complete reinstall i wiped everything and reinstalled it.

I got edit voicepack 3.1 and it worked fine. This issues just started out of the blue.

I had not installed 9.1 update. didn't know there was one. Where can i find it? What would cause this to happen when everything was fine the day before yesterday?

i downloaded the update. The readme says put the exe application in the root folder before installing, i'm assuming the root file would be C-programfiles (86) microsoft games flight simulator 9 right???? Making sure i don't want to mess anything else up lol.

Does My Above post Sound Like The Place To Put It Before I install It?

Yes that sounds right - wherever you installed FS9, then in the root folder. Be aware that it (the update) looks for only stock files. If a stock file that it tries to update has been modified the update may abort / fail.The most common reason would be a modified FS9.exe. The update will create a file in the root folder named BACKUP, all of the originals will be stored there and the Exe to remove the update.

Can you check to see if you received any MS updates to you system near the time you began to have problems? Perhaps a sound card driver update?

Regards,

What's the update do anyway?

It fixes some of the problems or bad programming that was shipped with the original FS9.0 version. Things that caused CTDs even in the unchanged stock version. It also makes some improvements in other areas, Sorry, I would have to go back and look up the fixes and I don't have time at the moment. The update is highly recommended though.

Regards,