Sign in to follow this  
bobbyjoh

Interview with MSFS development team

Guest Traffic

I just came across this yesterday and I don't think I've ever seen a mention of it here.Its an interview with a few of the guys from the MSFS development team sometime in late 2004, and its interesting to me that Avsim forum was mentioned in the interview. :-) Now I know for sure that they at least look here and it gives me comfort that they are listening to us.Enjoy.http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=26632I apologise if this has been posted before.

It has been posted before (not that it matters) and the site has some other nteresting videos as well. I liked the one where a guy is interviewed in the garage as he talks about how he and others are decking out their cars with computers to control all sorts of things. :)

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Good insight. I had not seen that before. From what I gathered, from listening between the lines, the FS team are indeed working on another version and it most probably won't be an X-Box version.RH

Guys, one of the good things about attending the AVSIM conference is that you get this stuff first hand. The MS Game Studio guys (MSFS) did a very nice presentation on the Sunday of the conference. Not only did they announce the patch and other stuff, but they went through the interview that you see. As usual people asked about the next version, they answered by saying that there are many people on the team working everyday (?????)They said they monitor the AVSIM forum everyday, and as Tom Allensworth mention here on the forum, they are here as "users", he knows who they are, but they are on the forum. They also mentioned that MS spends a lot of money on game development and FS is one of the best sellers and has been for years.For those of us that follow software trends, Games in general are one the fastast and highest revenue generators in the personal computer industry. The simulation portion of the game market is growing just as fast. I think it is very safe to say that the MS Game Studio Flight Simulator development team are not sitting around sending out their resumes :-)Bob