Sign in to follow this  
188AHC

New Aerocaches - How to post them

Out of interest, can anyone help me re: my previous comment?

• Official GFWL version = no Aerocaches available; cannot connect to Flight Server, so nothing for Hawaii or Alaska.
  • Non-GFWL version = Aerocaches are all unavailable; apparently I lack the Hawaii and Alaska DLC even though I was awarded the Hawaii DLC for beta participation and I purchased the Alaska DLC, plus I use Flight Toolkit latest version. This method also = deletion of my Profile but I reinstated from a backup.

Any help greatly appreciated!

In GfWL mode, aerocaches don't work anymore because they needed a connection to the Microsoft Flight servers which have been shut down long ago.

In Non-GfWL mode, aerocaches work because the game automatically connects to Stonelance's server which mirrors the old official servers. Your profile could be lost because there was only a short period of time where you were able to convert your GfWL profile to an offline profile using the Flight Toolkit; this isn't possible anymore.

You should be able to download Hawaii and Alaska again with the Flight Toolkit Addon Manager, this should enable aerocaches in these regions for you.

Out of interest, can anyone help me re: my previous comment?

• Official GFWL version = no Aerocaches available; cannot connect to Flight Server, so nothing for Hawaii or Alaska.
  • Non-GFWL version = Aerocaches are all unavailable; apparently I lack the Hawaii and Alaska DLC even though I was awarded the Hawaii DLC for beta participation and I purchased the Alaska DLC, plus I use Flight Toolkit latest version. This method also = deletion of my Profile but I reinstated from a backup.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Hi Jarsky

You can change from Non-GFWL to Official GFWL and vice versa using Addon manager of Flight toolkit in a place called: Configuration.

In Official GFWL you'll have multiplayer (It's been always working), but no aerocaches.

In Non GFWL mode you'll have aerocaches working but no multiplayer. In your computer there is a folder located here: 

(C:\Users\(your name)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Flight) and inside this folder there are some others; one of them is "Players" which have your profile data and another called "Players_Backup". If you want to play multiplayer in Official GFWL mode your data will be stored in "Players _Backup" so when you go back to Non-GFWL you still have them (Official GFWL normally erase your data). I have two profiles: one for "Official" mode and another for "Non-GFWL" mode.

If you are entitled to have Hawaii and Alaska or any other DLC, you can download it using Addon Manager in the lower part called: Available:

Here you'll also find a lot of fine free stuff, some necessary for Flight to work properly.

If you want to fly all over the world, do this: install SE FSX (from Steam). Then  type in the "Command Prompt" this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Flight Tools\Flight Toolkit\ContentConverter.exe" FSX /i:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX" /o:"C:\FlightTemp" /a

Be sure to include the " ". This is going to take some time. After this you'll find a Flightaddon in a folder named C:\FlightTemp. This addon will install the FSX World to Flight (this also take some time). Be sure to download from Addon Manager: World Region UI so you'll have a beautiful world map. There you are.

Enjoy Flight,

Oscar

Thank you majuh and Segador77, indeed that is the case; I just re-tested each different mode and I know understand how the different modes work. Having been away from Flight for a long time, I forgot how it all worked!

Stupid me, I did not create an offline profile during that time period - I remember it being at the top of my list of things to do, but one thing got in the way of another and I never did it. Oh well, as you say backups can be taken and switching profiles is not too bad, but an offline profile would be the better option.

I have all of the DLC selected using the Flight Toolkit but I realised that I need to obtain the first Aerocache to unlock the others.

I used to have the entire globe installed but that was on my previous PC. For anyone looking for interesting places to go, St Maarten converted especially well in my opinion and so did Las Vegas.

So thanks again and maybe I'll grab a few of those Aerocaches now. Happy flying! :-)

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 4:41 PM, AlbacoreTunaMan said:

There should be a dozen *Pending* caches out there now.  Still more in the pipe.

Let see what's coming out of  the pipe. So far it's wonderful. Thanks for this hard work.:biggrin:

When do the "pending" aerocaches" become "unpending" so that you can collect them? Really looking forward to getting these and more. Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Steve for publishing those Pending Aerocaches.

I authored many of those, but unfortunately, despite testing them all, they did not turn out quite the way I intended.  The "Activation Distance" was set out too far, hence you can easily achieve most of these just by flying fairly close.  Testing in Pending mode does not show how close you actually need to be to claim the cache.  My placing the Aerocache icon in a challenging spot at the location does not come into play. 

Lesson learned! 

• Upvote 1

Many thanks for publishing those pending, as Albacore said. I am having a bad problem however. When visiting many of these new aerocaches, the autogen puts like a million trees all over the place and I can't even see anything but trees. Whoever heard of thousands of trees surrounding the Sphinx? Anyone else having this problem? Any solution?  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

12 hours ago, BokChoy said:

Many thanks for publishing those pending, as Albacore said. I am having a bad problem however. When visiting many of these new aerocaches, the autogen puts like a million trees all over the place and I can't even see anything but trees. Whoever heard of thousands of trees surrounding the Sphinx? Anyone else having this problem? Any solution?  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I believe this was a bug in one of the earlier Flight Toolkit versions. The trees should disappear when converting the FSX content again with one of the later Flight Toolkit versions.

• Upvote 1

i think you should generate Guid through here it will give you more variation in it 

Recently fired up Flight for the first time in quite a while, and was shocked to find all these aerocaches!  Great!  Always thought it would be cool to see someone go through NYC and tag everything, you'd be flying along and ping, ping, ping, ping :)

Still disappointed this sim didn't go over like it should have.  There was so much potential.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

Is there any way to re-download or retrieve the new aerocaches? I have three new aerocaches which do not load and cause the main program to crash. All the others work fine so I am assuming that these three got corrupt somehow. They are the TV tower in Moscow, the French Arch De Triumphe, and the London Eye. Every time I try to load these they crash my system. May during the initial retrieval they got meshed up. So how can I get these three again with a fresh download? Any help thanks.

23 hours ago, BokChoy said:

Is there any way to re-download or retrieve the new aerocaches? I have three new aerocaches which do not load and cause the main program to crash. All the others work fine so I am assuming that these three got corrupt somehow. They are the TV tower in Moscow, the French Arch De Triumphe, and the London Eye. Every time I try to load these they crash my system. May during the initial retrieval they got meshed up. So how can I get these three again with a fresh download? Any help thanks.

I don't think the game crashes due to the aerocaches, it seems more like a scenery related bug. Can you fly over Paris without a crash when not selecting the aerocache before? If not, you should think about converting the FSX scenery again with the latest Flight Toolkit.

Majuh: I did as you suggested. I completely erased my existing conversion. I then used toolkit 1.1.32 to reconvert. Took a while but completed ok. I then went back into Flight and tried those aerocaches that I mentioned. They still don't work. I tried the Moscow TV tower and it bombed the program just like before. Either these aerocaches are corrupt or my version of FSX-SE is corrupt. The only thing bothers me is that all the other aerocaches worked fine. Still wondering why just these few. Thanks anyway for your help but at this point I am just bewildered.