Sign in to follow this  
Guest wildfire563

"Lost" Boston scenery - can you help!

Guest ThrottleUp

Hello all :)I have some nice freeware KBOS scenery on FS9. But I have now located a much superior version of the airport online that I want to donwload and use in place of the current one.Trouble is I cant find the scenery entry for the current KBOS scenery. Theres no entry in any of the scenery folders (FS9AddonScenery, FS9Scenery).I suspect I replaced just the .BGL files....is there a way of scoping out the KBOS ones?TY :)

Guest wildfire563

We're going to need a little more information than what you gave us. The files could be anywhere depending on where you put them. As far as I know there are no tools that will find all files being used in a particular specified region. LWMViewer by Jim Keir comes to mind, but using it to determine which files are the ones you are looking for would be cumbersome at best.Your best bet is to find the file containing the original KBOS that you loaded, list the files in it, and search for them on your disk. The most likely location if you did not create a separate KBOS directory is in you Addon Scenery/Scenery folder. But you will have to know which files you are looking for.BTW, what is the new KBOS scenery you are installing?Thanks,Thomas Perry

Guest ThrottleUp

wildfire563 - Thanx for the input. Like you said it *is* a cumbersome process so I thought I'd wing it........and the new scenery is working perfectly :)Its great freeware KBOS scenery by George Grimshaw...really well done buildings, jetways and a nice tyre-effect on the runways...they really do look a bit worn! He has done a brilliant job.http://www.simviation.com/pageimages/boslogfs9.jpgGrab it here (Latest V1.1):http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=...hor=&CatID=root

Guest tcable

I chatted with George today.He's planning an update for Boston after he finishes up Seattle for Fly! Tampa.No ETA yet though as he needs some research on the new Terminal A.Tim

Pardon the interruption, but I just thought I'd take a second and interject - my new england scenery compliments that area quite well - have a look: FREEflow New England - link is in my sig.All the best,sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Guest ThrottleUp

An update..cool! :)Scott..thanx I will def check out your scenery..actually there were links to your work from the KBOS scenery download page but I was not sure what it was...now I know so Im going to snag it! :)

Guest wildfire563

KBOS Download page? Where's that?I'm always looking for scenery for the Northeast (thanks for the update to flightscenery.com). I fly out of KASH and like to use MSFS to practice.I've got Freeflow and KBOS, I created KASH and Haystack/Tyngsboro bridge (Wish I had the time to work on them, they need an update badly to retexture/recreate the hangars more accurately, plus I've got to get a pic of the new apron at KASH) and various other packages. But I'm always looking for more scenery and updates.Thanks,Thomas

I think he just meant the avsim library page for Grimshaw's KBOS - since I added my mod which requires both FREEflow NE and KBOS 1.1, the three files now have "related" links to one another...Hope George doesn't mind :-shy !Best,sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Guest ThrottleUp

<<<<< I think he just meant the avsim library page for Grimshaw's KBOS >>>>Thats it :)

Guest kuma

>KBOS Download page? Where's that?>>I'm always looking for scenery for the Northeast (thanks for>the update to flightscenery.com). I fly out of KASH and like>to use MSFS to practice.>>I've got Freeflow and KBOS, I created KASH and>Haystack/Tyngsboro bridge (Wish I had the time to work on>them, they need an update badly to retexture/recreate the>hangars more accurately, plus I've got to get a pic of the new>apron at KASH) and various other packages. But I'm always>looking for more scenery and updates.>>Thanks,>>ThomasHey bro, KASH was where I first learned to fly, Nashua native, lived there 21 years before moving to CT! Good to see someone from home!

Guest wildfire563

Yeah,I just started playing with AI a couple of weeks ago, and I tried to get the Webster aircraft to show up at KASH. I've got a new AFCAD with more spaces, some specifically for a new Daniel Webster airline, that I thought I might use to create some flight plans for some DW flights around KASH. But the AI I created with GA-Traffic bogged my machine so much I had to drop that for now. Anybody have any DW flightplans out there?Thanks,THomasN15802 '73 Cherokee Challenger in the Brown "Condo" hangars