Sign in to follow this  
sascha

FS9 Evo updates

Dear all,

I will announce updates to the FS9 Evo release here. In fact I have just uploaded an update: I stupidly forgot to include the modified default and UT roads in the 2.0 release.

Everyone who had version 1.0 will not really need this as there is only one changed texture which I slightly improved.

Best wishes,

Sascha

CTD issue fixed!

Thanks to savvy and patience of users HaraldGeyer and EMatheson the annoying CTD issue with some older sceneries has been found and fixed.

Get the CTD_fix.zip with the update files from the updates/all_files_for_scenery_world_texture directory in the dropbox.

Best wishes,

Sascha

Sascha, it's our turn to say thank you.

Nice weekend to you!

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Harald, I hope you have a relaxing weekend too! :good:

Dear all,

I have uploaded an additional ground detail map to updates/all_files_for_scenery_world_texture in the dropbox. The files are in a zip called Evo2_detail1 and it contains two sets:

1. Set1_bushy <--- a new set which has grass and scrub. This gives a more 3D feel to the ground textures.

2. Set2_grassy <--- the set which was included in the original release.

Both sets come in dxt1, dxt3 and 16bit format. Just drop the file of your choice into the world/scenery/texture directory and allow to overwrite.

Best and have a nice Sunday!

Sascha

Hi all,

I have uploaded a small update which will change the utility lines to better blend with Evo. This will also fix dark utility lines. You must change two entries in the terrain.cfg for this to work properly. Instructions are included in the zip.

The update file Evo_better_utility_lines.zip can be found as usual in the dropbox update folder /updates/all_files_for_scenery_world_texture.

Best,

Sascha

Hi Muzik,

drop me a line on fs9evo@gmail.com and I will explain. Otherwise just check the first link under my signature which explains the procedure.

Cheers,

Sascha

Dear all,

just a HU on some updates I did recently. In Evo 2015 I forgot to include the water textures so I added those. Also tweaks for mountains, desert, clouds, some taxiways, airport buildings and airport terrain textures. Also optimised embedded 3D light files. I will add some more stuff in the next days.

The updates can be found in an update directory in the original Evo 2015 dropbox folder.

Best,

Sascha

Thank you Sascha for your continuing commitment to improve what is already an excellent product.... Though my simulator of choice is now FSX-SE, I still come back to FS9 on an almost daily basis and continue to find it an immersive and enjoyable simulation. That would not be the case if people like you hadn't done so much to push the boundaries of what FS9 is capable of beyond the wildest imaginings all those years ago when it was released....

Thank you Sascha for the latest updates to the FS9 EVO 2015.  I am currently not able to fly FS9 or FSX because of HDD issues (again), but hope to get it fixed shortly.  FS9 is still my all-time favorite simulator, and it's due largely to you and your awesome product, FS9 EVO.  I absolutely love it, and cannot imagine flying without it!  Thanks again my friend. :smile:  ~Glenn

Glad you all continue to stick with FS9 :)

I could not do as much dev work as I would have liked due to RW commitments, as usual I might add, but I will continue to do as much improvement as I can!

Check out this screenshot thread by the way, I have posted my sweetfx settings:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/483369-random-shots-new-sweetfx-and-enbseries-settings/

I also have increased my mipmap bias to 12 in the fs9.cfg - maybe I am imagining things but I believe textures are much crisper than before!

Cheers and thank you!

Sascha

Glad you all continue to stick with FS9 :)

I could not do as much dev work as I would have liked due to RW commitments, as usual I might add, but I will continue to do as much improvement as I can!

Check out this screenshot thread by the way, I have posted my sweetfx settings:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/483369-random-shots-new-sweetfx-and-enbseries-settings/

I also have increased my mipmap bias to 12 in the fs9.cfg - maybe I am imagining things but I believe textures are much crisper than before!

Cheers and thank you!

Sascha

Hi Sasha

where I can find that setting in cfg file. When i search the file i haven't find any mimmap bias settings named like this

Hi Sasha

where I can find that setting in cfg file. When i search the file i haven't find any mipmap bias settings named like this