Sign in to follow this  
sascha

FS9 Evo updates

Hi Sasha

where I can find that setting in cfg file. When i search the file i haven't find any mipmap bias settings named like this

Hi, look for this section in your fs9.cfg:

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT  .0]  <--- will show your graphics card

Mode=1920x1080x32

PanelAsTexture=0

TextureAGP=0         // 1 or 0, better often is 0

TriLinear=1

MipBias=12 <---  add if this line doesn't exist

AntiAlias=0

You will need to write a batch file, otherwise you will have to change this each time you start FS9 as it will reset to the default value of 8 for mip bias on exiting.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Sascha

Hi, look for this section in your fs9.cfg:

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT  .0]  <--- will show your graphics card

Mode=1920x1080x32

PanelAsTexture=0

TextureAGP=0         // 1 or 0, better often is 0

TriLinear=1

MipBias=12 <---  add if this line doesn't exist

AntiAlias=0

You will need to write a batch file, otherwise you will have to change this each time you start FS9 as it will reset to the default value of 8 for mip bias on exiting.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Sascha

Hi again

Yes its help`t me thank you weary much. If I could ask one more thing , can you please wright here what to put in batch file exactly. I will appreciate that. :smile:

I have a one more question. What LOD should it represent if I put TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=25. I have so this in some of your posts, in which you recommend that settings

Thank you in advance

Alex

Alex,

this is the batch file I have:

@echo off
copy  "C:\Games\Batch\Config\fs9.cfg" "C:\Users\Sascha R5eger\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FS9"
Echo Files copied!
pause

Start ""  "C:\Games\Flight Simulator 9\fs9.exe"

You need to change the paths to point to your own directories :

"C:\Games\Batch\Config\fs9.cfg" <-- where you put the edited fs9.cfg

"C:\Users\Sascha R5eger\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FS9" <-- the location of the fs9.cfg

"C:\Games\Flight Simulator 9\fs9.exe" <-- location of your fs9

You can set the LOD to 13, I don't really know if this affects the sim or not. It doesn't cause any harm though.

Cheers,

Sascha

Dear all,

I uploaded another update to the EVO2015 update dropbox directory, found in a new folder named 20160403_general_updates_fields.

Some improvement on saturation and blending of the english field set, further improved mountains, new ground detail texture, more detailed airport terain, some darker forests with smoother detail, improved railroad texture, fixed UT sand beaches, alternative reefs, alternative taxi/runway set, some high res clouds and fixed clouds, improved trees, new medium airport building, alternative autogen buildings and some bits and pieces.

Best,

Sascha

Dear all, you should drop the actual files from the directories in the zip into the respective fs9 folders, not the directories with the files in them. Sorry, I wasn't clear in the instructions on tht.

Cheers,

Sascha

Here is a series of screenshots for the Evo Summer 2016 update.

New, improved and denser Evo autogen, here at one of my favorite spots in FS. LIEO Olbia airport on Sardinian Costa Smeralda.

FS9%2B2016-08-10%2B22-02-39-56.jpg

European autogen also improved. Screenshot south of Berlin.

FS9%2B2016-08-10%2B23-32-44-07.jpg

New autogen for tropic locations.

FS9%2B2016-08-12%2B00-06-35-89.jpg

Just took off from Oshkosh in Milton Shupe's new TP Grumman Mallard. New autogen has additional trees along roads and field edges + fixed placement of objects.

FS9%2B2016-08-10%2B22-19-22-54.jpg

New roads and autogen building textures for more contrast in cities.

FS9%2B2016-08-12%2B21-19-10-27.jpg

Roads and rails in cities are much improved.

FS9%2B2016-08-12%2B21-29-48-34.jpg

New detail.bmp with several options improves ground definition even from altitude. Fields and woods now look better from all altitudes.

FS9%2B2016-08-12%2B00-28-43-83.jpg

I improved cirrus clouds too.

FS9%2B2016-08-11%2B23-38-57-13.jpg

New cirrus clouds blend well with cumulus to create convincing cloudscapes. I use ASE for weather.

FS9%2B2016-08-12%2B00-19-22-54.jpg

New tropical reefs.

FS9%2B2016-08-11%2B23-41-08-87.jpg

Two sets of summer trees - darker and lighter. This is the darker. Previous shots with other aircraft registrations had the lighter.

FS9%2B2016-07-31%2B01-06-31-18.jpg

Hopefully I will release the update this weekend.

Cheers,

Sascha

FS9 Alive and Kicking!

Great work!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Not to mention that indeed fs9 has a more refined FDM than fxs... The cuts in fsx code stroke some really important effects that were possile to represent in fs9, and were lost for good... propwash effects on tail surfaces are among these... but not only.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Sasha, you have done it again my friend! Wow - these all look absolutely incredible!  I can hardly wait to experience them in action myself on my system.  FS9 is truly still alive and doing extremely well these days, thanks to the efforts of talented and skilled folks like yourself.  Thank you so much for everything you have done to enhance and promote the continuation of this beloved flight simulator platform. Absolutely stunning work! The pictures look beautiful.