Sign in to follow this  
cliffardus

Difficulty installing VFR Photo Scenery Volume 3

1.       I insert Disk 1 and click on Readme.txt

2.      I noted that I should double click on “Disk1\InstData\MacOSX\install.app” but nothing happens when I do so.

3.      I then try clicking on autorun.inf and come to :

[autorun]

open=Disk1\InstData\Windows\VM\install.exe

I click on it but nothing happens when I do so.

I use an Apple iMac with OSX 10.9.4 and X-Plane 10.25

Help would be appreciated

Cliff

Hi Cliff

I'd suggest you contact their support, it sounds like installer is maybe incompatible with 10.9. However, just a suggestion(guess), have you gone into System Preferences > Security and Privacy and enabled installing non AppStore applications, as shown below:

image.jpg

You can always set it back once you've installed it. I don't know whether this option effects DVD/CD executables, btu worth a try.

Live and learn.

I'd never known of, or used, "Allow apps  downloaded from" so thanks for adding to my meagre store of useful information. 

I tried that setting and, lo and behold, I reached the install process. 

However I came to a halt when asked to choose which Folder to use for the installation as Custom Scenery wasn't accepted.

If I can't overcome that problem I'll follow your suggestion and pose the query to the supplier.

Incidentally I'd appreciate it if you would tell me if and how I can add a screen capture attachment to me postings.

But ...........thanks for your prompt help.

Regards..........Cliff

Hi Tonywob...before contacting the supplier may I ask you to look at the sequence of actions I'm following. Then perhaps you can spot where i'm perhaps going wrong.

Regards.........Cliff

Disk 1

Readme.txt

Disk1\InstData\MacOSX\install.app. Nothing happens when I click on this.

Click on Disk! And choose InstData

Click on MacOSX

Click on install.app which starts the installation

On the Identify X-Plane folder I hit “Choose”

Under FAVOURITES  on the left on the left I select Desktop.

Then I select X-Plane

Finally I select Custom Scenery

At that stage I’m presented with the iMac “Select a Folder” window which does NOT contain the X-Plane Folder as DeskTop is not included in it’s FAVOURITES.

How therefore do I identify the X-Plane folder?

Glad it's kind of working, Apple really is full of itself sometimes setting that as the default option :-)

The X-Plane folder is just the X-Plane Folder, don't select Custom Scenery, i.e. Just choose /Users/_____/Desktop/X-Plane 10 .

Also, maybe the software is expecting to find X-Plane 9 and not 10, it should still work though.

For adding images to post, I go to postimage.org, upload the image, and then use the Image button in the post window here and paste in the URL it gives me. It works great for images under 2MB as they show inline.

Tonywob another query if you don't mind.

When creating a link for the Avsim Forum there are five options from which to choose. Which do you use?

Link

Direct Link

Hotlink to Forums(1)

Hotlink to forums (2)

Hotlink toForums )3)

With my regards........Cliff

Click on the image button in the avsim editor window, and then in the popup window paste in the direct link to show it inline, but remember you have to keep your images under 2MB (I convert them to jpg) for you to have that option.

Tony

Thank you bu t how do you install disc 2

Thank you 

anthony

Edited by anthonyjb
Double name

Thank you delta 111

the screen is showing disc 2  then instdata this where I am lost I hope you can help 

regards    The screen   Now  is showing all sorts of resources from part 1 /9

anthony

Edited by anthonyjb