Sign in to follow this  
Spam3d

Jetmax 777

Finally its out, and on the website. Decent price tag too for such a  nice piece of kit! Anybody on here own any of the jetmax series products? Im seriously considering one of these for the corner of the room, I think with time they will bring out the in individual components which will also be nice B)

http://www.jetmax.ca/packages/jetmax-777sktq

jetmax-q-sktq1.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

8K is a good price? I can get the entire nose section of a 737 for 5K! Stick some monitors behind the panel hook up some switches to IO cards, get a couple of big screen TV's for views out the windows and have the whole thing up running for 10-12K and have a whole cockpit not just a panel.

Really?? i thought it would cost much more than that?  :o  i guess if your willing to put in the work and sort logistics then thats great! i dont have so much time or space for a shell, although that would be pretty cool!!

Really?? i thought it would cost much more than that?  :o  i guess if your willing to put in the work and sort logistics then thats great! i dont have so much time or space for a shell, although that would be pretty cool!!

I'm lucky in that an aircraft recycling facility is about 40 miles from me so I'll just load the shell on a buddies flatbed. The good thing about a shell is I get all the panels,yokes,throttle quadrant and seats etc.

At laaaaaast :-). After months of delays its finally out! I want to know what aircraft will people use for it. Hopefully not the pmdg t7. Cause what you need is the flight model only. And the pmdg t7 is wayyy more complex than what you would need in this situation.

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "Hangar Chat" to "Home Cockpit Builders". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Well you could use the sim avionics package with it, running on a dedicated small pc, that would give you everything you needed!

Dan.

Im surprised there are still no reviews on this jetmax . Its been out for some time now and no one bothered to put a simple review  :blink: .

Anybody on here own any of the jetmax series products

Yep, I own a JetMax 737 sim. I didn't have the technical skills to build, and apply all the PC programming to get it working, so I took the most expensive route- having it built and configured by FDS Canada, and shipped to the UK. But it worked first time, and it's brilliant.  On the few occasions I've needed support they've been great.

Cause what you need is the flight model only. And the pmdg t7 is wayyy more complex than what you would need in this situation.

If you're saying that you don't need access to a VC, I'm not sure that's true? The basic cockpit comes without an overhead, so you'd need to access that, plus from time to time, stuff on the F.O's side (in the 737NG the F.O's master caution shows different info to the captains). Plus if you're programming switches etc, and they're not working on your hardware, it's useful to look at the VC and see if they're working there.

I always hankered after a full sized 737 Cockpit, but in reality what I've realised after owning a JetMax, is that despite the lack of realism of not being enclosed, the reality is, using a networked system, it easier to have 2 keyboards and mice, plus a 2nd screen screen for all the ancillary stuff I run. I really need some space around me for all my bits and pieces that create the illusion of flight, I just wouldn't have enough room in an enclosed Cockpit. Plus I would rarely be able to operate 2 crew in a full sized cockpit. Would I want to spend an evening as the "pilot not flying" ?- no not really, I want all the fun!. The JetMax does away with the F.O's position, saving on a lot of complicated hardware and space that (for me) would be rarely used. So wonderful as the full cockpits are, I'm not sure they're the answer for all of us. The Jetmax with it's small footprint, and reasonable pricing is a practicle solution for folk like me, and the first time (I believe) that someone not versed in the skills such as networking, SIOC, LUA, Clients, Servers and all the other technical stuff, can buy something off the shelf that works...

Eugene

Hi,

I have jetmax 737 setup as well, all I can tell you is the quality and craftmanship is superb,

Takes flying to another level.

I installed and built mine myself, no problems at all if you follow the instruvtion manual

Just look out for the correct size screw , nut bolt etc to fit correctly as there quite a few and they look the same.

I must agree with everything overload said, so go just get it, you will not be dissapointed,

After all its only money....

All the best

Mhazy

Mike

I own the Jetmax 737 TQ and I have plans to add the rest of the 73 setup next year :)

Quality is excellent.

I'm looking to invest in the 737 once my new book gets published ... Cant wait ;)