Sign in to follow this  
Guest mitch19542004

Problem with FS9 Real weather

Hi all, I have noticed that for the last few days, the weather downloaded for the areas where I normally fly (KMIA, KFLL, MYGF,etc) have remained the same(surface winds, clouds, etc). I normally clear the temporary internet files before starting a new FS9 session, so I don't thing there should be any old weather files that should be causing this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.J.C. (MYNN)

Guest nutmeat

Hi,Yeah, I've noticed the same thing for KRNO for the past 2 days. Maybe the guy who updates the server went on vacation :-(.Yesterday with near overcast conditions and wind, I got clear skies and calm winds?? In the past, it has been pretty accurate.Larry S.

Well, it's good to know I'm not alone with this problem. In the meantime, I am manually setting the weather with the current metars of my departure and destination airports.J.C. (MYNN)

Guest wildfire563

Yes,I seem to be running into the same issue. It's clearly overcast here today, and real weather is giving clear skies.Is this related to the when the system was down the other day? Is Jeppesen having server problems?Thomas Perry

BTW, while we are on the subject of real world weather, is it normal for the previous flight's WX file(located in the flight simulator files) to be around 3300kb when using real weather? Mine is usually that large, compared to around 200kb when using customized weather.J.C. (MYNN)

Guest wildfire563

Is there anybody out there who ISN'T having problems with MS Real weather? Is there a problem at Jeppesen?Thomas

Guest diajohn2

It has been working well for me. On Saturday, I flew a lot around Georgia, USA and could not believe the wonderful storms it threw my way. On Sunday, I again got good weather.Check your settings and clear your cache.

Guest wildfire563

What settings should I check, and what should I clear from my cache?Thanks,Thomas

I think the cache he is referring to is the temporary internet files. Like I said earlier, this should not be a problem since I normally clear my internet files before each flight session. This problem has only started a few days ago. J.C. (MYNN)

Guest diajohn2

Are you sure you have real weather enabled? I just flew Atl BOS and found real weather worked fine for me.

My real weather hasn't been working well today either. And I have a Class B airport 10 miles away, which at least should provide some accurate forcasting. This morning's real weather was broken clouds and 50 mile visability. In reality, it was solid overcast at 2500' agl. with rain --- all day.Usually, real weather has worked quite well.Ladamson

BTW, while we are on the subject of real world weather, is it normal for the previous flight's WX file(located in the flight simulator files) to be around 3300kb when using real weather? Mine is usually that large, compared to around 200kb when using customized weather.The large files will usually include the winds aloft. The smaller filesare only surface cdx, with no winds aloft data.. Thats selectable within the sim menu...If you select winds aloft, you will have a big wx file. If not, not so big...MK

Guest Eric

Hi, Even if it's works, default weather and freeware fs metar, I found these type of weather pretty basic and non accurate compare to "real weather", I am a real pilot and found too many issue with these many time in metar,wind, visibility etc. compare to my real flight plan re-created in fs2004, Real weather looks like manual weather!!I am now waiting the release of ASV.BestEric

Dunno....As of 5:30 AM "tuesday", still the same ole clearskies, vis 50....It's like it's stuck on fri-sat wx...The server seems to be working now, "it was broke for a whilethe other day", but still seems to be getting no current feed from Jepp...Bummer....I use just the built in real wx, and usually just static. It's been accurate enuff for gov work...Pretty close, many times...But right now, it's stuck in the twilight zone....:( I hope theyfix it soon, as I always use real wx, and will have to find an alternative method, if this stays broke...I sorta thought it wouldhave been fixed yesterday, being a biz day...May be on Jepp's end,being they seem to be the source for the data.. MK