Sign in to follow this  
Guest mitch19542004

Problem with FS9 Real weather

Is there anyway to contact Jeppensen Directly via e-mail to enquire about this problem?J.C. (MYNN)

Thanks for the link. I have sent them an email and hopefully will receive a response soon. The surface winds at KMIA have been stuck at 17309 with 50SM vis since Saturday.J.C. (MYNN)

Guest bobg

Same problem here, Ontario Canada bobg

Has anyone called / e-mailed Microsoft and complained?While we know it's Jeppsen data, Microsoft is still the data provider.

Hi All!I am finding that downloading the weather on my cable modem is now much slower than it was a few days ago so something is going on there! Also I checked 3 weather stations from weather.com and compared them to FS9 weather and I got the following results:KBWI weather.com show sct clouds winds ENE at 8 vis 10 FS9 shows cloudy winds 110 @8 vis 10KSEA weather.com shows sunny winds NNE at 7 vis 10 FS9 shows sct clouds 110@5 vis 50KTPA weather.com shows partly cloudy winds W @ 15 vis 10 FS9 shows sct clouds winds 205 at 11 vis 50Looks like there are some difference here! Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

Guest mitch19542004

I too have not had a realistic real time update in about 3 days. I am sitting in Jackson, TN with fogged in conditions right now and the weather download gives me visability greater then 20 miles.Mitch

try going into internet exporer and delete your temporary internet files. tools, internet options, delete temp files button. restart computer and then load up fs9 and see if the real weather works properly now

Guest wildfire563

Alex,Are you saying that real weather is working ok for you? Have you matched the metars and what FS is providing?I have tried what you suggested and it didn't have any affect. I did not delete cookies, though? Could that be an issue? I hate doing that as I lose all my settings all over the place, but, will do it if that will fix the problem. But I would like confirmation from somebody that the weather FS is providing matches the metar source it is using.Thanks,Thomas

Guest mitch19542004

I do not see why after 3 yrs we would need to delete any files in order to get the update. I think it is pretty obvious that if so many people are having the same problem, it is not a temp file issue.Mitch

Still seeing problems with FS9 weather! I just flew out of Seattle and FS9 said it was clear with calm winds and 50 mile visibility. Weather.com reported cloudy conditions with winds SSE @ 12 gusting to 19. Visibility is 10 miles. GO FIGURE!Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

Yea....Mine has been stuck on the same thing for 2-3 days, althoughI haven't tried yet today...50 mile vis....That was fairly rare to seewhen real wx was working normally...About all I see lately...MK