Sign in to follow this  
stealingknave

Final decision: X-plane 9 or Fsx for Airbus

Hello. For now I've been only using fsx for simulation but it seem quite unrealistic when it comes to physics. This year I am going to make something like an airbus sim (I prefer a340 or even a350 but I don't mind if it is a320)with oculus rift because it's the cheapest way to make a sim. For now I have saitek pro flight system and a pc which specs are:

-amd athlon 5800+ 2.8ghz duo

-ati radeon 4830hd 512 mb

-4gb ram

And this is not enough for x-plane 10 which supports jardesign a320. So can you please give me a suggestion and tell me which of the two softwares (fsx-x-plane9) I should use.

Thank you and sorry for my bad English!

Hello. For now I've been only using fsx for simulation but it seem quite unrealistic when it comes to physics. This year I am going to make something like an airbus sim (I prefer a340 or even a350 but I don't mind if it is a320)with oculus rift because it's the cheapest way to make a sim. For now I have saitek pro flight system and a pc which specs are:

-amd athlon 5800+ 2.8ghz duo

-ati radeon 4830hd 512 mb

-4gb ram

And this is not enough for x-plane 10 which supports jardesign a320. So can you please give me a suggestion and tell me which of the two softwares (fsx-x-plane9) I should use.

Thank you and sorry for my bad English!

Oculus Rift support will only be available for X-Plane 10 sometime in the future, not for X-Plane 9. If X-Plane, take X-Plane 10. Otherwise, maybe use FSX (can't say anything about its Rift support, though.)

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Oculus Rift support will only be available for X-Plane 10 sometime in the future, not for X-Plane 9. If X-Plane, take X-Plane 10. Otherwise, maybe use FSX (can't say anything about its Rift support, though.)

thank you for the fast reply :) .

Do you think that I can run x-plane 10+jardesign a320 or peters' a380(I would like vc) on my pc. Because I don't meet the requirements. The other think that I can do but I dont know if it's possible is to run x-plane on two machines- one pc and one laptop with the same specs.

It will probably run if you set all your rendering settings to low or very low and switch off HDR. But it will probably not look good. You will also not be able to use HD mesh freeware, because you only have 4 GB RAM.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Hate to be blunt, but you need to upgrade. I can't see how your PC will even support Oculus Rift. 

It will probably run if you set all your rendering settings to low or very low and switch off HDR. But it will probably not look good. You will also not be able to use HD mesh freeware, because you only have 4 GB RAM.

Ok, thank you!

First I will install fsx with some add ons like rex, ftx, enb, a2a feel and airbus x extended and if I'm satisfied (mostly I wont be because I really like FBW system, METAR display which is next to the down ecam and the taxi aid camera. If I dont like the configuration I will switch to x-plane 10.

Thank you, again!

Hate to be blunt, but you need to upgrade. I can't see how your PC will even support Oculus Rift.

Hi.

I think of upgrading my video card to ati 7k hd series but for now I cant spend a lot of money because Im saving for my atpl course.

You need more than a VideoCard for any noticeable performance. Save your money for your ATPL until you are able to buy a capable system and retire the one you have.