Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

12SEP14 - General Update on Many Topics

Good news, especially on the Queen, thanks Rob and team!

Cheers,

23.png

Ian-

We have evaluated whether this is a simple change to make- and it is not.  Please keep in mind that the capability did not exist when the NGX was released three years ago... and as such no provision was made for it.

Unfortunately the 777 SP process has taken far more resources than we would have liked- and we have to start getting developers back to their primary tasks- so I don't have the flexibility to pull four developers aside to do the update for the NGX at this time.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Ian-

We have evaluated whether this is a simple change to make- and it is not.  Please keep in mind that the capability did not exist when the NGX was released three years ago... and as such no provision was made for it.

Unfortunately the 777 SP process has taken far more resources than we would have liked- and we have to start getting developers back to their primary tasks- so I don't have the flexibility to pull four developers aside to do the update for the NGX at this time.

I understand and appreciate your reply.  I was a little disappointed that's all, the NGX remains one of my top 2 planes.  

Ian R Tyldesley

Is the DC6 still in development?  

-Iain Watson-

Thanks for the update Robert!

My first reaction to the NGX SP2 information was disappointment.

But then I thought a bit more about it:

- The NGX is, in it's current state, an amazing product.

- We're comparing it to the 777, which is quite a bit newer.

So, my current opinion:

1) I would LOVE (yes, all caps!) a free SP2 for the NGX.

2) If the price is right, and the added functionality is worth it, I'd be willing to pay a small fee for an updated NGX.

3) But even if it doesn't come, I still love my NGX as it is now! :wub:

In the end, the NGX is amazing. The problem is that the 777 is even better, and we all want to the NGX raised to that level. Dear PMDG, this is a luxury problem that is entirely of you own making. :P

Apart from my going on on the NGX, looking forward to the 747... Keep it up!

Regards,

Lars Domen, aka Tyrion

My FS projects: http://larsdomen.tumblr.com/

I'm somewhat shocked that PMDG is shortening the lifespan of the NGX so quickly after the release of this milestone and defining product. 

With this method and the long development cycles, we will only have one product in the most current & up to date state and actively supported by the dev's. 

I think the WXR is too important for the majority of the community to be scratched due to practical reasons...

Henk de Vries

Henk-

Wait...  I made three announcements today in which two of them clearly state that we are going to be moving the NGX into both Xplane and P3D- which means that the product does have an active development plan still in the works.  Even a very cursory consideration of this would cause a reasonable person to see that both of those are development cycles that will benefit the NGX in FSX.

From a business standpoint, it would be sheer stupidity for me to realign development resources as inefficiently as you have suggested.

Don't get me wrong- like you- I am excited to get some of the new stuff into the NGX, but at the end of the day I have to make smart decisions about running the business.  If I start making decisions using your criteria- there won't be any products to update. 

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

All sounds excellent, and sensible to me.

The NGX is my all time favourite add-on........ but to me, it is wanting for nothing! ...... It Is perfect as it is..    I may be the only person on the planet who couldn't give a good cahoot about getting a weather radar into it.      When the current model is so good, and gives so much pleasure, why crave for more?

Great news about the 747 too.    I was initially worried not to see a mention of the DC-6 but glad that Robert mentioned it in a subsequent post, and that it's still developing nicely.

:smile:

I really hope we'll see the 747v2 in the not too distant future. Air New Zealand just retired their last 747 yesterday.

Thank you Mr. Roberts for the update!

I'm really looking forward for the Xplane's versions especially when it comes to the flight model! I hope you'll get the most out of the Blade Element theory in order to nail the flight model down and make it "as real as it gets".

Keep up the great work!

So we won't be seeing the B777-200ER for a while if ever?

Oh You will see but it is going take a while for sure

Rich Sennett

Great News Robert! I look forward to seeing the 744 previews (hopefully) sometime soon :)

Also really excited for PMDG to expand into the X-Plane market. Seeing the 744 v2 in X-Plane 10 would be a dream!

Looking forward to the next update post, and as always, keep up the great work!