Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

12SEP14 - General Update on Many Topics

Disappointed to hear about the short term plans for NGX SP2.

I made three announcements today in which two of them clearly state that we are going to be moving the NGX into both Xplane and P3D- which means that the product does have an active development plan still in the works.  Even a very cursory consideration of this would cause a reasonable person to see that both of those are development cycles that will benefit the NGX in FSX.

Here's hoping for sometime in the future then...

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

The weather radar and the Datalink for the NGX would be awesome, really enjoying  the 77L/W, beautiful airplane to fly. But the queen, not that is worth taking a few days off work for, lol....

Hi,

I think NGX is an almost perfect product from PMDG. If only it had wx radar, I would say that NGX would be fully perfect and i would say it would become undisputed number 1 FSX addon out there.

Even if PMDG put a price for this additional feature (wx radar), I won't mind to pay it as long as it's reasonable.

Tri Nugroho

Doesn't get anymore official than this - did you miss this ?

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/451363-p3d-development-status-thread-updated-12sep14/

I'm apparently blind, that thread doesn't mention anything regarding a -200ER?

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

I'm apparently blind, that thread doesn't mention anything regarding a -200ER?

No ER mentioned - now I see your point

We currently anticipate that the PMDG 777-200LR/F 

Rich Sennett

Personally I would like to see PMDG work towards a completely new version of 737-X or 787, following the lead of Boeing. The latest record of sales at the Farnborough Air Show by the Boeing company indicate real airlines are now looking at the next version of super fuel-efficient 737s which hopefully will have similar cockpit and navigation systems more akin to the latest 777.

Anyway, based on Mr R's priorities it would not be possible until 2017. The teething work would have been completed by Boeing and a large demand will occur by this time from flightsimmers as the appetite is wetted by activity in the skies at their nearest international airport.

Even if PMDG put a price for this additional feature (wx radar), I won't mind to pay it as long as it's reasonable.

^

+1 here...

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

I would pay for an NGX upgrade or SP2 as well! I'm willing to pay between $30-$40. If PMDG makes it worth my wild, I'm willing to go up to $50! But it would have to include an option to fix the cockpit geometry, updated graphics and added functionality to the FMC.

I would pay for an NGX upgrade or SP2 as well! I'm willing to pay between $30-$40. If PMDG makes it worth my wild, I'm willing to go up to $50! But it would have to include an option to fix the cockpit geometry, updated graphics and added functionality to the FMC.

right there with ya

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I'd also be willing to pay for an SP2 of the NGX. Although it and the 777 are my favorite planes right now, it'd be really nice to have the datalink and wx radar on the NGX. But even simpler than that, I would love for the V/S indicator to finally be fixed so that 50 feet increments are shown like in the T7. Other than that, the textures in the cockpit are as good as the T7's in my opinion, and so are the systems and sounds. RSR's decision is completely reasonable, and it's the one any one of us would take if we were the head of PMDG. But I really do hope that NGX SP2 happens sooner rather than later.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

Great update, Thanks Robert!

Like many, I look forward to seeing the 747 previews :smile:

Chris Howard